DNA40 Hana clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
I mean to a point i agree with you but considering all these devices are selling out all the time at their current prices... If you were the owner would you lower your prices???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, totally agreed but they have the monopoly right now, once China has it cloned properly do you still see the masses going after the 300.00 dollar device's after they realize they can get the China clone at 1/3 the price?

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I work in the pharmaceutical industry and that's why drug prices are so high... They have to make back the almost 100 million dollars (most of which goes to or is mandated by the fda) in research before the legal cloners (generic companies) are allowed to make it it... That is typically less than 10 years... Now consider for each drug there are many competitor drugs... There is little money to be made unless it's in boner pills... And they never know whether a drug will be profitable or not... So we see a lot of renovation in drugs instead of innovation in drugs.... That's why they gotta get their money and as much of it up front ... Before its stolen by the cloners... I think vapor shark does this business model well.... Heck I just picked up a dna 30 vapor shark for less than 100 ... Because it's been cloned now

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
I work in the pharmaceutical industry and that's why drug prices are so high... They have to make back the almost 100 million dollars (most of which goes to or is mandated by the fda) in research before the legal cloners (generic companies) are allowed to make it it... That is typically less than 10 years... Now consider for each drug there are many competitor drugs... There is little money to be made unless it's in boner pills... And they never know whether a drug will be profitable or not... So we see a lot of renovation in drugs instead of innovation in drugs.... That's why they gotta get their money and as much of it up front ... Before its stolen by the cloners... I think vapor shark does this business model well.... Heck I just picked up a dna 30 vapor shark for less than 100 ... Because it's been cloned now

Looking at it from that standpoint makes more sense to me, hell...I have an authentic vaporflask and I love it, I just don't love what I paid for it. I will be VERY interested to see what happens to pricing once a fully functional DNA 40 clone hits the market lol (which is NOT very far away)

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Looking at it from that standpoint makes more sense to me, hell...I have an authentic vaporflask and I love it, I just don't love what I paid for it. I will be VERY interested to see what happens to pricing once a fully functional DNA 40 clone hits the market lol (which is NOT very far away)

I'm just guessing here but I think that's why they are branching out now and not putting the newer wide screen chip in the newer VF ... And making prototypes for sqonkers and such

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
So I take it you are an expert in manufacturing costs in the USA? If you read my other posts I went on to say that 300.00 dollars is outrageous and that that cost could come down slightly to be more competitive, is that so much to ask?

You might say that I am. There is nothing outrageous about that price, nothing at all. You don't understand what you are asking to be competitive. American small business can never be price competitive with larger Chinese manufacturing outfits for many, many reasons, not the least of which are government subsidies, massive differences in labor costs, and distorted markets.

Study the case of Super T.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND

They haven't managed to clone the DNA 30's properly. the same will be the case for the 40's.
Clone boards are a false economy, they don't last or perform as well as the original Evolv boards.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
They haven't managed to clone the DNA 30's properly. the same will be the case for the 40's.
Clone boards are a false economy, they don't last or perform as well as the original Evolv boards.

IMO, the best chip on the market right now isn't made by evolv. The sx 350 chip is every bit as accurate as the DNA chips and also has unique features. I love the power modes that chip has. Hell, to some it's more functional than temp control. I'll have a good chuckle when yihi adds temp control in a month or so and gets slaughtered for cloning, and then evolv will add power modes and get praise.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
IMO, the best chip on the market right now isn't made by evolv. The sx 350 chip is every bit as accurate as the DNA chips and also has unique features. I love the power modes that chip has. Hell, to some it's more functional than temp control. I'll have a good chuckle when yihi adds temp control in a month or so and gets slaughtered for cloning, and then evolv will add power modes and get praise.

The SX is a DNA ripoff. That's why it's any good. However, no it is not as accurate as DNA chips and does not regulate the same way. The SX cannot do temperature control.

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
The SX is a DNA ripoff. That's why it's any good. However, no it is not as accurate as DNA chips and does not regulate the same way. The SX cannot do temperature control.
I call shenanigans. The sx 350 mini is every bit as accurate. It also has 20 more watts and higher voltage limits. As I said, I would rather have the temp modes than temp control.

mrcrunch08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
mount airy, NC

Look at the numbers pbusardo posted and you can see it is more accurate the any of the dna boards. I had to many bad dna 40 boards ro even think they are on their game any more. The sx mini 350 chip is superior in every way minus temp control to evolvs boards. I even get better battery life out of my sx mini then I do my dna devices at same setrings.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
Wonder how well the DNA 40 is going to do with all of the 50 and 100 watt devices out there?[/QUO

Higher wattage on temperature control boards, in my opinion based on my rDNA 40, does not play a major role in vaping anymore. It just reaches the set temperature much quicker like a dragster. On my Vapor Shark I set my wattage at the max of 40 watts and adjust the temperature in small increments up or down for best taste according to my taste buds which is affected by the time of day, my mood, etc. I'm pretty sure most vapers with temperature control devices will agree.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Wonder how well the DNA 40 is going to do with all of the 50 and 100 watt devices out there?[/QUO

Higher wattage on temperature control boards, in my opinion based on my rDNA 40, does not play a major role in vaping anymore. It just reaches the set temperature much quicker like a dragster. On my Vapor Shark I set my wattage at the max of 40 watts and adjust the temperature in small increments up or down for best taste according to my taste buds which is affected by the time of day, my mood, etc. I'm pretty sure most vapers with temperature control devices will agree.

For one, in theory it would be a more consistent vape as it would reach your desired temp faster. Also, many, including myself like to tinker with builds once in a while and 40 watts is close, but won't cut it for kanthal builds.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I call shenanigans. The sx 350 mini is every bit as accurate. It also has 20 more watts and higher voltage limits. As I said, I would rather have the temp modes than temp control.

Look at the numbers pbusardo posted and you can see it is more accurate the any of the dna boards. I had to many bad dna 40 boards ro even think they are on their game any more. The sx mini 350 chip is superior in every way minus temp control to evolvs boards. I even get better battery life out of my sx mini then I do my dna devices at same setrings.

Sorry no, the type of regulation employed by the standard SX350 -- open-loop regulation -- is not and can not be as accurate as good closed-loop regulation like Evolv employs. The style of load metering is also superior on Evolv boards.

Not sure what equipment pbusardo uses to measure, but Evolv boards measure to an accuracy well beyond the single decimal reported in the tests.

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Sorry no, the type of regulation employed by the standard SX350 -- open-loop regulation -- is not and can not be as accurate as good closed-loop regulation like Evolv employs. The style of load metering is also superior on Evolv boards.

Not sure what equipment pbusardo uses to measure, but Evolv boards measure to an accuracy well beyond the single decimal reported in the tests.

Your assessment is inaccurate and laughable. You know what they say about denial... Either way, both boards are really accurate, which is a win for consumers. I have to say, I get a kick out of you guys. It wasn't but a month ago that the Evolv huggers were saying that China wouldn't have the temp control working anytime soon. Well, it's already here. Now I guess is when the straw grasping begins? Huge props to Evolv for bringing temp control to the market, but putting out an unfinished product at a premium price is a terrible look. It seems like every chip they release is riddled with problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread