Do fruity flavors mess with your allergies/sinuses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Hello,

I'm pretty new to vaping, going on two weeks running an eGo-C kit with normal attys and a few clearomizers. I am noticing that some of the flavors really mess with my allergies though, is this common?

The first problem I had with this was DeKang Pina Colada, and I thought it might have just been that I was using the eGo tank. It had kind of a chemical/perfume taste, and I attributed my reaction to that. But then I put it in a vision clearomizer which I had previously used on flavors that did not cause me to feel like my face would fall off, with the same result. It still had the chemical/perfume taste that I had been blaming on the plastic tank though, and I still attributed it to whatever that taste was.

But today I tried Very Berry from Red Tail Vapor, and it had none of the chemical taste, but still sent me into a sneezing frenzy. Then I tried some menthol and had absolutely no problem. Apparently it's just the fruity flavors for me, anyone else having this problem?

It stinks, because I really love the berry flavor from Red Tail. :unsure:

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
No, never have had a reaction to any type of food.

I was never able to exhale my analog smoke through my nose because I would get the same allergy attack and a massive sinus infection, but I've found that the two flavors I mention are bothering me either way I exhale. Possibly a little worse with the Berry because it's VG based and the vapor sticks around a little longer.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I have been looking but I haven't found any posts regarding this. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened to someone. Maybe they'll see this and respond. I remember someone with food allergies saying that a banana flavoring gave them issues. Someone else with peanut allergies can't vape VG because it's plant based. Everyone is very different though.

I mix menthol and fruit flavors. I wonder how it would be if you mixed a little of the berry and your menthol. See if it still happens.

There are a lot of flavoring manuf. Maybe you'll have to try some DIY down the road and test out a few different flavorings from different companies. See if you still get a reaction.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Fruits have similar proteins to the pollen that causes hay fever. I used to have the worst Hay fever imaginable. I also would get an itchy mouth and throat when I ate bananas, watermelon, cantalope, and Strawberries. I don't know if it pertains to you, but it's something you may wanna look into.Is fruit and veg making your hayfever worse?

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
Cardiwen - Thanks for checking. I haven't found much regarding this either, but I appreciate your trying to help. It's not a massive problem, I'd rather sneeze than to continue smoking a pack a day anyway, and there are flavors which aren't bothering me. Maybe it will get better as I go, and I'm looking forward to checking out lots of new flavors either way. :drool:

bacc.vap - Thank you for the link, I am checking it out now. I regularly juice fruits and vegetables, and haven't noticed them contributing to my allergy symptoms, but I will be sure to pay more attention in the future.

My symptoms are more like hayfever than the oral food allergies they are talking about, but I figure most people aren't trying to blow an apple through their nose, so this could definitely be a part of the problem I'm having.

mccrji

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have noticed that the fruity flavors give me a headache. Others have stated that I may be getting too much nicotine which is causing the headaches. Nope, can't be that since other juices with the same nicotine level that are not fruity does not give me headaches. So, I'm staying away from the fruity one's. Now, if I could just find a flavor that I really like. The caramel apple is the only one that I really like so far.

Nick S.

May 22, 2012
Falkville, Alabama
I haven't had any headaches from mine, high nic content or otherwise. Still finding out what I like also. I've smoked menthol for years, only to find that I'm not a huge fan of vaping menthol, so I really have no clue where to begin lol. Just lots of trial and error so far.

Thanks to this forum though, I found a person who sells e-liquid pretty close to me at a flea market on weekends. Going to go check out his booth tomorrow and see if I can find a new favorite. Maybe see if there's a fruity flavor that doesn't sent me into a sneezing fit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread