Do I have to keep my vape standing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtownDI732

May 14, 2018
Hey whatsup everybody.

I just got a Smok Prince Stick. Its great, i love it. I upgraded from an eleaf ijust S and there is no comparison. I was having a ton of problems with the ijust and it only took me a week of using it to say screw it and get the Prince.

So Ive just been on my little honey moon with my new Prince Stick, not having any of the problems i had with my ijust, no flooding, even vaping. Everything is great.

So i got it charging laying on its side and i wake up in the middle of the night and grab it and its got juice leaking out of the airhole. Not alot, but enough.

So i have two questions, first do I have to keep this thing standing up as much as possible? Did it leak bc i had it laying on it's side?

Second, how do i clear juice out from the area its leaking? If my atomizer starts to get that bubbly sound is there any easy way to fix it without changing the coil gead, disassembling, or losing juice?

Sorry i know that was kind of long winded. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris D.I.

Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Keeping it upright should help a bit with leaking, but it's not a guarantee. Too thin of a juice or if air pressure changes, it is going to leak, every tank will. To clear it, cover the air holes with a paper towel or something and gently blow through the tip.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
If you must place it on it's side, closing the airflow will help keep it from leaking. It doesn't always stop leaking, but it can help in the right conditions. If it still leaks, it will be much harder for the liquid to leak out of the tank, instead it collects in the airflow chamber. Then just use the towel trick ScottP mentioned.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
So i got it charging laying on its side and i wake up in the middle of the night and grab it and its got juice leaking out of the airhole. Not alot, but enough.

-Chris D.I.

Try to find a tank stand to put your tank on while charging. If you don't have a stand, here is a little trick I sometimes use when doing builds.

Use your drip tip to put your tank on. Take your tank off and put the 510 pin right into the middle of the tip, it will hold your tank upright while you charge the stick.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good mod stands include: an actual mod stand. I won one from JWraps and it's gorgeous! Also, my husband created me a rather artistic mod stand so I'm not tipping over my provaris all the time.

Other things: block of wood with a hole drilled out to put the 510 pin in (pretty easy) I also use shot glasses, if I want to stand a full tank upright.

Tanks certainly will leak more if not horizontal, keeping them upright is best. I bet you could go to Goodwill and get 12 shot glasses for 50 cents. I do find that if I leave tanks horizontal for a long time, they will leak. If I'm not using them and don't plan to for a bit, I empty them and clean them, that way I'm not dealing with 2 month old eliquid clogging things up (you can keep the coil, maybe soak it in a bit of everclear or something and reattach to the tank. This is of course presuming that you will be leaving them longer, for a more significant amount of time.

Best of luck,

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I recently started cutting off the tops of 30ml juice bottles with a stanley knife. They work really well for housing my atomizers. Knock them and they don't tip over. They actually work a lot better than i thought they would. That is until i realised i like to see my atomizers all lined up. So now i don't bother with the bottles. Anyway i drilled a couple of dozen holes in my furniture and use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread