Do not buy tobeco magma clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Got my magma clone today, I was super excited only to be very disappointed. The AFC holes do not line up with the inlets, they sit below the holes, the posts are not even close to centered, and the post holes are angled about 20-30 degrees. The inlets were very poorly machined, the air flow was very restricted by blockages in the inlets that I had to file out, the air flow significantly increased once I cleared the inlets, but there is still some blockage I couldn't get out. All around, terrible clone.
uploadfromtaptalk1407986716881.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407986727949.jpg

Last edited:

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Looks like u got a lemon but get that deburring going and it should vape fine. The Infinity clone is a really good magma clone. No worries about the AFC ring lining up. Most run theirs without it since the draw in general is tighter...g/l
Ya I took mine off, I put an o ring underneath it and it lined up, but I saw no point to it, if the threads leak I'll put it back.
The filing worked well on one side, I was able to hook behind the burr and just pop it out with a file. the other side is totally solid metal all the way to the end of the inlet though, it will take some serious filing to get it down.
Eh, I guess it can't hurt to just order an infinity.
Oh, I forgot to mention after I posted this I rechecked the vertical channels, same thing, right before the 90° elbow to the inlet

Last edited:

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
NOT necessary to start 2 threads on the same device in the same day.:facepalm:

You are getting help and answers in the other thread.
Mods, close this thread
The other thread didnt start out as a review, I didn't know the inlets were blocked when I started the other one, and wanted to warn people, and I didn't ask for advice on this thread. Also this way even people that don't click on the thread will know not to buy this.
Thanks for sarcastically (I know that's not the right word, but you get my point) making me feel stupid though, it wasn't necessary to be a jerk about it.

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Mods, close this thread
The other thread didnt start out as a review, I didn't know the inlets were blocked when I started the other one, and wanted to warn people, and I didn't ask for advice on this thread. Also this way even people that don't click on the thread will know not to buy this.
Thanks for sarcastically (I know that's not the right word, but you get my point) making me feel stupid though, it wasn't necessary to be a jerk about it.

Hey bro , it's okay..don't mind crxess...he or she is pretty nice person from what I've seen here on the forums and very helpful...he/she is old skool forum poster, no double dipping, etc, that's all..
...on clones..it's usually are hit and misses...but general the magma clones are pretty decent. You might want to resolve this with seller, see if they can send you out a new one.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Wow, crxess is good people what's the deal?

And as far as the tobeco being a problem, their quality is suspect and I've had a problem with two different drippers made by them and will not buy anything manufactured by them...... ever.

That being said I own two Magma's, one authentic and the other an Infinite and it's almost impossible to tell them apart. Right now the quality of the infinite products is real nice and if I'm looking for a clone I look for their name.

crxess, the rest of us still have a whole lot of love for ya..... :p

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Hey bro , it's okay..don't mind crxess...he or she is pretty nice person from what I've seen here on the forums and very helpful...he/she is old skool forum poster, no double dipping, etc, that's all..
...on clones..it's usually are hit and misses...but general the magma clones are pretty decent. You might want to resolve this with seller, see if they can send you out a new one.

Its not a big deal, I understand his point, he is right, just annoyed me how he got his point across.
Ya I contacted the vendor, it would be nice if they refund or replace it but I would be surprised if they do, its not like its their product. If they do refund me, they'll have a customer for life. Seems like customer service is gone these days.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I think you just got a lemon. I have the Tobeco clone as well as the authentic and I can hardly tell them apart, besides the post screws. See if they will replace it for you. They should at least do that.

Two places still have some integrity and customer service, Nicoticket and Reign Drops. They are both incredibly nice and surprise me with every new order how generous they are. That's not what this thread is about though lol.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
Wow, crxess is good people what's the deal?

And as far as the tobeco being a problem, their quality is suspect and I've had a problem with two different drippers made by them and will not buy anything manufactured by them...... ever.

That being said I own two Magma's, one authentic and the other an Infinite and it's almost impossible to tell them apart. Right now the quality of the infinite products is real nice and if I'm looking for a clone I look for their name.

crxess, the rest of us still have a whole lot of love for ya..... :p

Haha its not like I'm starting a blood feud. I over reacted, I know that, I'm super tense waiting to hear about a promotion later. My bad crxess.
ya I'm going try to switch it for a infinity, if the vendor will let me pay the difference.
I think my posts spin too, the post holes weren't angled when I first built it. If they were, I didn't notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread