Do these leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdkmom

Dec 17, 2011
MO
I've used my daughter's SmokeStik a few times and I am looking to start using an e-cigarette. I haven't seen a problem with the stuff inside getting in the mouth or on the lips. I did have that problem with my other daughter's Blu e-cigarette. Was the experience with SmokeStik really common? I want something that won't leak on me. It looks like the SmokeStik isn't self-refillable? Is that why there was no leakage?

Thanks in advance.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
All cartomizers have the potential to leak. Even SmokeStik. If that is a deal killer then you might be out of luck....if your going to use an electronic cigarette at some time or another your going to come in contact with the liquid that is inside of them...even if you don't refill. Just want to be honest with you so you are not disappointed if it does happen. :)

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
All cartomizers have the potential to leak. Even SmokeStik. If that is a deal killer then you might be out of luck....if your going to use an electronic cigarette at some time or another your going to come in contact with the liquid that is inside of them...even if you don't refill. Just want to be honest with you so you are not disappointed if it does happen. :)

With that being said, I have been vaping for 6 months and I have never had a prefilled cartomizer from Smoke Stik leak on me. I do refill them (I know we are not supposed to :blush:) and have had them leak only after many refills and repeated uses at which point you throw them away. While anything is possible, the quality control for Smoke Stik is outstanding and I can tell you that it would be extremely rare! :vapor:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
There is a few things you can do that will help with the leaking issue....the main thing is to store them standing up on end with the threads pointing down towards the floor. That way gravity does it's job and the liquid is at the bottom where it belongs. If you ever do get cartomizers prefilled or otherwise that leak out the mouthend because they are too full...just blow them out. If you don't know what that means tell me and I will explain it but I think if you read through the carto posts all the tips and tricks are here. The main thing is don't store them on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread