Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
yes you can burn cotton on a tc device, its easier with a dry wick...because tc doesnt just rely on determining the temp via the resistance changes in the wire, a lot of tc devices wont fire on a dry wick...at least the two i own wont. i can literally vape them dry, and then they stop firing before i ever get close to * burning the wick or destroying the coil

* does not work on the Kanger Nebox

Reactions: macis

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
yes you can burn cotton on a tc device, its easier with a dry wick...because tc doesnt just rely on determining the temp via the resistance changes in the wire, a lot of tc devices wont fire on a dry wick...at least the two i own wont. i can literally vape them dry, and then they stop firing before i ever get close to * burning the wick or destroying the coil

* does not work on the Kanger Nebox
i just build a 0.3 ss316L, tcr 0.00092. it pass the dry burn test :)

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
You don't need to space SS wire coils ..............
i used to do contact titanium coil. but becos of the "pulsing till it turn blue" on a dual coil build, i couldn't get both the coil to glow evenly. but once i space the ti1 coil out. i realised i got more vapour n flavour out of it.

so maybe, space SS coil would vape great))

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I like my SS coils neat and nice and tight. The myth about spaced coils working better with TC devices is just that. You can build a nice tight coil and as long as your connections are all good and your 510 is making good contact you're resistance shouldn't be jumping all over the place. A new coil might be .1 or .2 off but once it breaks in it's damn near perfectly consistent.

You can pulse dry burn, that's how I typically break in a new coil, to clean I just turn down the wattage a bit and let the coil burn off all the gunk for a few seconds.

Reactions: technofogger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread