Do you check your 510 pin? You should... [kinda PSA-ish?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblerMagic

Nov 29, 2018
Felt inspired I guess, since I just checked one of mine. It's common habit for me now; if I buy a new atty I ALWAYS tighten the positive pin. It's been a few months since I actively picked up this habit. I've come to notice, every one of the 5 or so atty's I've bought in the past few months have LOOSE positive pins. Some were able to be tightened almost a full turn!

sub-ohm tanks sometimes aren't as effected, they usually use press in pins, not threaded.

Make sure to check your atty's tightness for the positive and negative if it has a screw for negative.
Go even a step further, I tighten up the 510 connectors on my mods before use. It will save you frustration later, especially if you use a regulated mod. You can avoid atomizer errors, etc.

Stay Safe, always check ALL of your vape equipment before use. I ride motorcycle, it's dangerous and I do a pre-flight checklist before each ride, do the same for your vaping! :vapor:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Every week I completely disassemble, clean and reassemble every tank that I use... typically that's 2 Primes built a few days apart to stagger the cleaning chore.

By "completely disassemble", I mean even the insulators for the + pin. Every part. That's the only way to thoroughly clean.

So every 510 pin is checked every week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread