Do you find you get less colds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Since I last smoked a cigarette I can't recall having a cold. I figure it's been two years since I caught a cold. And for years and years I always caught at least one winter cold and one summer cold. My profession as a teacher always puts me at a higher risk, like nurses, of catching a bug.

I am aware of the antibacterial and antifungal properties of propylene glycol, but since the common cold is usually viral based and not bacterium this strikes me as odd. I also wouldn’t say my general health has improved since I quit smoking as I certainly eat more junk food and exercise less these days. Something else has to be at work here.

Anyone else experience less colds, or in my case no colds ?

Knock on wood, because I'm sure as I hit the post button the sniffles will start :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I haven't had a cold since I started vaping over 2 years ago. I found my nose more sensitive in the spring when the pollen from all the orchards around is in the air, also I plug up a bit from the farmers spraying their fruit trees. Its great to be able to smell the blossoms and also try to stay indoors while they are spraying. We live in a fruit belt(cherries, apples, peaches, apricots, grapes and pears) so there are many orchards around our valley.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Vaping has definitely lowered my number of colds and other infections and now I basically don't have an immune system the only thing I can think keeping the bugs at bay is my heavy vaping. Downside is my GP hardly ever sees me now and he used to moan I didn't see him enough before lol.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I find I get them more often, but they're not as "strong" but last longer.
When I smoked, I'd wake up with a sore throat one day and then congestion and a cough for two or three days every few months. Now, I get them almost monthly, not so much of a sore throat, but congestion and a cough and mostly morning and night for a week...
But like it was mentioned above, its probably more viral than bacterial, when my kids get sick, its always viral....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread