Do You Inhale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I've been vaping for a little over three years now, and I've noticed something a bit "odd" (considering I smoked cigarettes for about 35 years) . . .

I tend to "puff" on my PV in the same way that a pipe smoker puffs on a pipe (or a cigar smoker puffs on a cigar). On about the third puff, I will take a large amount of vapor and hold it in my mouth; then breathe through my nose and exhale.

I almost never inhale the vapor from my mouth into my lungs -- and feel no need to. :?:

I know that, with vaping, most of the nicotine is absorbed buccally anyway (as with a pipe or cigar). I suppose that is one reason why I feel no automatic urge to lung-inhale.

Has anyone else noticed this stark difference in their puff/inhale behavior since quitting smoking and going to full-time vaping? :)

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
When you use an RDA, the flavor is way more intense after you exhale. Don't ask me why, I can't explain it.

Other than that, I inhale my vape because I inhaled my cigs. It's just comfortable, and feels right.

Nicotine will absolutely be absorbed through mucus glands which is why you can not inhale and still feel the nic. But, to me, the experience isn't fully satisfying if I don't inhale.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
inhale_01.jpg

MarlyandMe46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2014
Denver, CO, USA
'I experimented... I didn't inhale, and I never tried it again' ;)

I read a thread on how to use ecigs differently from smoking cigs, and it mentioned that there was no need to inhale the vapor, as nictonie would be better absorbed through the mouth. As a newbie, reading that, I started trying to do it that way... but I think I do a mix of holding it in my mouth, or sometimes just inhaling.. like when I'm not thinking about.. or I guess sometimes combo. I have definitely noticed a need to inhale into my lungs much less than when I was smoking. When I was smoking, I'd feel ridiculous if I didn't inhale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread