Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only mech wick atty I still have is a No Gain by No Name. I drilled it's AFC out for DL, used 400X400 SS mesh for the wick and ran it on a mech Reo Grand. But I haven't used it for years. About all I vape now days is mesh rda's on mech and regulated squonk mods. Have 3 VV Mesh, 9 Digiflavor Mesh Pro's and 9 Wotofo Profiles.

View attachment 804571 View attachment 804573 View attachment 804575 View attachment 804577 View attachment 804579
Gah. Trying to look at your pics (which are cool btw) but in every intstance I can’t see them because there’s this gigantic triple button set for Facebook/twitter/Pinterest dead center in the middle of the frame blocking everything. I so hate the whole “how could you possibly not be interested in our garbage spyware social media services!?” Thing.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Ya,
I used to vape with Digiflavor Themis (Mesh ver) RTA but have to giveup because it is too troublesome to rewick.
Then just recently, I am on Advken Owl Subohm tank with .16 and .20 ohm Mesh coil... and I have to say I am 100% satisfy with the set:
Advken Owl 6.jpg

Trust me, the HCigar Wildwolf can handle anything made of SS within the range of 0.1x-0.3x ohm perfectly, that include the Advken Mesh Coil:
Advken Owl 2.jpg

Man... only the bee will know how much I enjoy my honey taste juice with the above set up.

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Gah. Trying to look at your pics (which are cool btw) but in every intstance I can’t see them because there’s this gigantic triple button set for Facebook/twitter/Pinterest dead center in the middle of the frame blocking everything. I so hate the whole “how could you possibly not be interested in our garbage spyware social media services!?” Thing.

Never have, never will have anything to do with Facebook/twitter/etc/etc/etc. I guess that makes me antisocial. :?:
;)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ya,
I used to vape with Digiflavor Themis (Mesh ver) RTA but have to giveup because it is too troublesome to rewick.
Then just recently, I am on Advken Owl Subohm tank with .16 and .20 ohm Mesh coil... and I have to say I am 100% satisfy with the set:
View attachment 804599
Trust me, the HCigar Wildwolf can handle anything made of SS within the range of 0.1x-0.3x ohm perfectly, that include the Advken Mesh Coil:
View attachment 804601
Man... only the bee will know how much I enjoy my honey taste juice with the above set up.
The owl always struck me as having a drip tip of questionable shape. It works well for you then?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Never have, never will have anything to do with Facebook/twitter/etc/etc/etc. I guess that makes me antisocial. :?:
;)
Ironically there are several social media apps that have excellent security. They don’t do it because it’s not possible. They do it because it’s more profitable and they’ve got a big enough “customer”(victim?) base that they can.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
284760-8417842c9dee617a14c63411413b8045.jpg
From 7 years back the DID20 genny tank stainless tank . They worked excellent the taste was wonderful and the 400 and or 500 mesh stainless wicks handrolled, angle cut on bottom of wick gave more surface area to wick the -e-liquid. Can attest back then 90% pg 10% vg DIY never a burnt hit vaping till almost empty. Did season wick on top of stove. Nowadays have moved on from these but they work and do not leak at all even with the thin e-liquid i still today use.
Revisited them couple years back and will say MTL inhale is very very restricted only wish back then the draw was adjustable , also coupled with the cleanest taste experienced from these still holds true for moi.

Below example of wick being fitted to tank and not yet seasoned.Also mm vapors came out with stainless post and nuts little later which i have used as well.
Was not a cheaply priced tank but these were well made this example was with a clear plastic type tank for lack of better words and also available a stainless tank forget if they came with both but have some of each and would not ever sell them. Remember when there were co-ops i was in one and one of the lucky ones that did not get ripped off in that co-op and have 12x12 sheets of 500 mesh stashed !
full

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
284760-8417842c9dee617a14c63411413b8045.jpg
From 7 years back the DID20 genny tank stainless tank . They worked excellent the taste was wonderful and the 400 and or 500 mesh stainless wicks handrolled, angle cut on bottom of wick gave more surface area to wick the -e-liquid. Can attest back then 90% pg 10% vg DIY never a burnt hit vaping till almost empty. Did season wick on top of stove. Nowadays have moved on from these but they work and do not leak at all even with the thin e-liquid i still today use.
Revisited them couple years back and will say MTL inhale is very very restricted only wish back then the draw was adjustable , also coupled with the cleanest taste experienced from these still holds true for moi.

Below example of wick being fitted to tank and not yet seasoned.Also mm vapors came out with stainless post and nuts little later which i have used as well.
Was not a cheaply priced tank but these were well made this example was with a clear plastic type tank for lack of better words and also available a stainless tank forget if they came with both but have some of each and would not ever sell them. Remember when there were co-ops i was in one and one of the lucky ones that did not get ripped off in that co-op and have 12x12 sheets of 500 mesh stashed !
full
I never did get around to pick one of them up . Back then they were the most expensive RTA's and I could not save up enough because something else would get my attention.

Reactions: Dieseler

Xavier_Ninnis

Sep 24, 2012
PDX
I wanted to toss in my 2¢ in response to the many comments in this thread that refer to/complain about/list as a "con" the propensity of Genesis attys to leak.
For me the almost complete solution has been Norbert's Origen MKII 6ml (I've never used the 4ml version which may not possess the same characteristics). With a tightly fitted wick the Origen may lay on its side and it will take hours before it, gradually, empties. Even held drip-tip down it will take a very long time to empty–I'm talking a drip slower than the rate administered by "water torture".

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I wanted to toss in my 2¢ in response to the many comments in this thread that refer to/complain about/list as a "con" the propensity of Genesis attys to leak.
For me the almost complete solution has been Norbert's Origen MKII 6ml (I've never used the 4ml version which may not possess the same characteristics). With a tightly fitted wick the Origen may lay on its side and it will take hours before it, gradually, empties. Even held drip-tip down it will take a very long time to empty–I'm talking a drip slower than the rate administered by "water torture".
That is relatively slow. Still a whole lot faster than zero though, which is how much a well wicked modern RTA will leak under the same treatment. There’s probably a way to make it go with mesh wick. The issue is air. If the air can’t get in the juice can’t get out.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm curious to hear thoughts on mesh wick with mesh coil ;)
I've thought about it, but seems like a lot of work to make a mesh wick...then again I eat through wicks a lot with my juice, it's a coil gunker
Mesh coil wouldn’t be very compatible with mesh wick. Mesh cord would be though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't build with mesh because... Uhh.

I do use what I consider the only decent mesh coil around which would be the Nautilus 0.7 mesh coil. It is EXCELLENT.

Anna
To build with mesh you’ve got to have an RBA designed to do it. There are only a few of them and they’re all newer.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread