Dodged a bullet here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
Ok, so I deliver pizzas. Well tonight I was delivering one to a retirement home. I parked outside in the 10 minute parking zone in front of the building where quite a bit of traffic goes through. Think of it similar to the front of a hotel where you unload your bags before going to park. I get done with that delivery, and head to my next one. Halfway to the next one I reach down onto my lap for my PV and it's not there. Oh CRAP! I realized I must have forgotten it on my lap before the first delivery and I must have dropped it when I got out of the car. Well, I was already running behind so I couldn't turn back, and after the next delivery I needed to go back to work or they'd wonder why I took so long. So, I get back to work, and luckily it was near time for me to get off. A half hour later...

I race back to that retirement home and park near where I was, but not far enough that I could run over my precious. I get out of the car, flashlight in hand and spot something black on the pavement. It looks flattened! Well, long story short, apparently the way the light was hitting it made it appear that way. It was just fine. Whew. Time to invest in that PT and some backup batteries just in case.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
Glad to hear you found your PV....I lost multiple 510's at bars and decided when I had to purchase a mod to get a keyring attachment with a holder for mine. It's the best 7 bucks I've ever spent.

I've also done the same thing at a gas station and when I realized I dropped it getting out of the car went back there and found it. It might be time to find a holder for the car...so that I stop putting it in my lap or between my legs.

Good luck...and keep an eye on that PV :blush:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I lost a new 510 battery and atty at a hotel room. I was vaping while packing our bags and left the darn thing on the bed. I bet the cleaning lady was thinking "What is this?". I wanted to call back but then I started thinking all the things they probably did to it so I chalked it up as a lost.

I'm going to have to discuss this with LD and Ab.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I know exactly how you must have felt. I was out riding my horse a couple of years ago & when I got back to the truck, I realized that my wallet was gone. I had ridden about 20 miles that day in pretty rough country, so there was no chance of my finding it. Six months later I was riding the same trail again, and about halfway through the ride I stopped to adjust my cinch, and stepped off the horse right onto my wallet laying off the side of the trail. It was still intact with my money and CC cards still in it.............

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I know exactly how you must have felt. I was out riding my horse a couple of years ago & when I got back to the truck, I realized that my wallet was gone. I had ridden about 20 miles that day in pretty rough country, so there was no chance of my finding it. Six months later I was riding the same trail again, and about halfway through the ride I stopped to adjust my cinch, and stepped off the horse right onto my wallet laying off the side of the trail. It was still intact with my money and CC cards still in it.............

Wow Banjo!! With my luck, I would have found it but everything would have been missing. My aunt lost her "billfold" as she calls it, out of state. Roughly around 3 months later she received a brown envelope with no return address and her "billfold" inside and a post-it note saying "There are still honest people in this world". This was back in 2004.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I stopped at my mom and dad's last night for coffee...and talking about stepping on something to find it...I went into the kitchen and was getting coffee...I kicked something with one foot and stepped on it with the other. Guess what I found.... (see below after you guess)

I found my dad's wedding band....wth was that doing on the floor???? Oh dad.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Ok that isn't what I guessed, but definately funnier. Great stories to read while enjoying my morning cup of coffee.
Lost my cell phone once for a while, but don't know how it wound up on the passanger side door slot, I was doing the driving and alone.

Yeah, I spend more time looking for mine than I do using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread