Does a "Bad Batch" Keep you from Reordering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untitledblue

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Houston, TX
About a month ago I purchased two 30 ml (80 pg/20 vg /36mg nic) juices from a supplier I ordered previously from. My first order was pretty good (very good taste and th), but my second order was less than stellar.

Out of the box the the flavors were unrecognizable - I couldn't taste anything and the liquids' fragrances were extremely faint. Now after a month after letting it steep the flavors have not gotten any better. This supplier is well liked here (and so are the liquids I purchased) so I don't know if I should order again from them. I mean, do you still go back to the same supplier after a "bad batch?"

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
it all depends on the vendor. Some will work with you if you ask them about it. Others will push you away because there's plenty more customers out there than to worry just about you.

Pretty much this. Sometimes bad batches just happen, and there are plenty of nice vendors out there that are willing to check it out for you, replace it or something like that...and if not, there are plenty of awesome ones that would love your business. I'd just send a PM to the supplier and see if they'll help you out.

demon72

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
california
Yea... it depends... if it were the first time I tried that vendor... nah probably not. If (as in your case) I had tried and liked those flavors from that vendor, then I would contact them about the bad batch, and If they would make good, at that time I would place another order. In this way, in my opinion, it shows your wilingness to work with the vendor and you are showing trust in ordering more, plus the fact that they will get to ship the reorder with the new order thereby saving shipping costs and the new order gives them some incentive as well.

2mtech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
NC
After objectively considering my answer to this, I've decided that I've become a product of the I-want-it-all-I-want-it-now-I-want-it-perfect world in which we live. Being relatively new to vaping, I've been near overwhelmed by the myriad of juice suppliers, flavors, and variations available at my keyboarding fingertips. In just a month I've ordered 30 flavors from six different vendors. I'll vape and tell: Joogler and Vermillion River were straight thumbs up; I liked everything I got from them. When I order from them again, and something's not as good or just plain bad, I'll work with them and try them again because I know they CAN be good. However, I got sampler packs from Totally Wicked and Halo in a variety of flavors...and couldn't stand any of them, even after steeping. Did I get bad batches? I have no way of knowing...but I know I won't order from them again in agreement with demon72.

I'm currently playing "where's my priority mail order I placed two weeks ago" with a company highly recommended on this forum (my first experience with them). So far their customer service SUCKS and I have received no answers but I'll still give them the benefit of the doubt and not name them negatively...yet. If the situation is rectified and I FINALLY get my order, great. But will I order from them again? Nope. Will I recommend them? Course not. There are too many other suppliers who care about me as a customer and who deserve my loyal business more.

So sorry, long answer, but not a simple question!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
In a nutshell, it depends.
As stated above, if they'll work with me to fix the problem I'll reorder.

If they tell me "it's your taste buds, everyone else who orders it loves it" or some thing like "we've had no other complaints" when I personally have read no less than 6 posts from others saying "my new batch of that flavor sucks turtle heads" then I won't reorder ANY of their flavors ever again.

Customer service, baby. Treat me like you respect me and want my money, and you'll get it. I'm just sayin'

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I placed an order with Vapor Gods a while back. I ordered 6 flavors. Two were absolutely horrible. I contacted them and they were going to replace them. But also mentioned that the flavors could have been mixed too strong. So I mixed some unflavored nic with a few ml of the "bad" jjuice. It then tasted great. Would I order from them again. You bet. Their CS was great, and the fact that they were willing to make a mistake right is a plus.
As for not getting a response, we have to take into consideration whether or not the said company just had a big sale and may be swamped with orders.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I stop buying when there's too many variations in taste. I've ordered some juices that tasted heavenly the first couple times of ordering and then they tasted horrible the 3rd and 4th. This happened with 3 diff juices from the same vendor so I gave up ordering. I asked them if they had changed their recipe and they said no so what could I do- tell them they were mistaken or lying? One hopscotch tasted 100% like flat beer the 3rd time I ordered. Two other juices were a cookie and a maple danish that tasted overpowering of cinnamon and they didn't the first couple times. I tasted no cinnamon at all the first couple orders:(

I just gave up and started making more DIY juices. I'm tired of wasting money on juices I can't use.

Dicot

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2011
Chicago Suburbs
Like others, when I get a bad batch right off the bat on my first order I'll never order from there again. Obviously I don't know for sure if it was a bad batch, but when I tried this certain juice that multiple people said they loved and it tasted like chocolate and spice covered cardboard I suspect something was very wrong with the batch.

As for the reorder bad batch, I've had a similar experience with a popular vendor on here: the samples I got of these two flavors were awesome but then the bigger bottles were noticeably different. One was probably my fault, I got it in extra flavor which screwed it up with a strange fruit taste along with the caramel. The second bottle I reordered in normal flavor just like the sample, however it seemed to be considerably more minty, like almost to the point of scope mouthwash minty. I never contacted cs, it wasn't worth the hassle since I wasn't sure if my taste just changed.

I haven't ordered from there since but I recently was able to save the menthol/mint flavor by cutting it with unflavored vg. It actually worked out well since my nic level has dropped to 12mg from 16mg. Reduced the flavor, nic and increased the vapor all in one go.

Tried the same with the caramel bottle, but no dice, still weird.:(

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
In a nutshell, it depends.
As stated above, if they'll work with me to fix the problem I'll reorder.

If they tell me "it's your taste buds, everyone else who orders it loves it" or some thing like "we've had no other complaints" when I personally have read no less than 6 posts from others saying "my new batch of that flavor sucks turtle heads" then I won't reorder ANY of their flavors ever again.

Customer service, baby. Treat me like you respect me and want my money, and you'll get it. I'm just sayin'

I'm the same way. QC issues can and will happen. When they do it is up to CS to keep my business.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Just curious, do your DIG juices always taste the same? Or are there some variances in taste?

Yup, the DIY juices taste exactly the same each time- if you follow your recipes. The only time there's been a bad variation was when I ordered 250 ml 60 mg unflavored Nic juice from a diff supplier and it came with alcohol in it. Everything tasted bitter and those juices burned my throat and made me cough! Other than that though, they always taste identical from batch to batch.

But the flavorings have to be identical too from batch to batch. I love to use FlavourArts "Maple" in my mixes but they wouldn't taste the same if I use Perfumers Apprentice or Loranns Maple in my mixes. All the maples taste diff from each company.

Lori

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
im with the crowd that would contact the vendor and see if they would work something out. making sure to go about it in a good way. i understand that things like this can happen. especially from the made to order vendors. if they brushed me off or it happened consistently i would likely loook elsewhere. there really are to many really good vendors out there that will take care of there customers that make great juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread