Does adding nicotine to an e-juice need some process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
A guy sells nicotine for about 1$ per ml. This is the picture he showed me on his phone:

upload_2018-6-11_0-13-52.png

Does it mean it contains 100 mg/ml nicotine? I forgot to ask him; Does adding this nicotine liquid need some process, or you can simply vape immediately after mixing?

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Yes each ML of that bottle contains 100 mg of nicotine.

You need to calculate how much you want to add to get the MG you want in the juice. You also need to shake it well to mix it completely.

A gallon is 3785.41 ML so there is a total of 378,541 MG of nicotine in that container.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
A guy sells nicotine for about 1$ per ml. This is the picture he showed me on his phone:

IMG_20180610_181418.jpg

Does it mean it contains 100 mg/ml nicotine? I forgot to ask him; Does adding this nicotine liquid need some process, or you can simply vape immediately after mixing?
It doesn't say 100 mg/ml. It only says 100 mgs. That probably means 100 mg/ml. I'ld ask him to be sure.

Make sure to shake well before pouring any nic to make sure the nic is evenly distributed in your pour.

Sure, you can vape as soon as you're finished mixing with PG, VG, and flavorings. But, you may need to steep for a while for it to taste right, depending on what flavoring you're using.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I just want my 60ml juice to go from 3 MG to 6 MG. I guess I'll need to add 1.915 ml.

Does the price sound reasonable?
I don't know about prices in Iran. In the US, 100 mg/ml nic ranges from $40 to a little over $100 per liter (1,000 ml). So, in the US that would be really overpriced.

For 60 ml of 3 mg, use 1.8 ml. For 60 ml of 6 mg, use 3.6 ml.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I just want my 60ml juice to go from 3 MG to 6 MG. I guess I'll need to add 1.915 ml.

Does the price sound reasonable?

Your calculations are correct. As others have said, the price sounds dreadful to me, but I don't know what the going rates are in your area.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

IMG_20180610_181418.jpg

Gives me a heart palpitations to see prices so high!

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I don't think liquid nicotine is illegal here, actually I believe there are still no laws regarding them. Other nicotine products like patches or chewing gum are legal. Most of vape stuff are illegally imported/smuggled. The high price is because of rarity and lack of regulations on the prices. Although the price is more than 10 fold, and if you take into account the average income, it'd be like 100 fold higher, it's still affordable.

P.S. I added 8 drops of the liquid in 2ml of my 3MG juice. I thought if the nicotine is too much, my throat would notify me and I will dilute it. I took about 10-15 puffs with little throat hit, but I noticed I'm getting too lightheaded and started sweating. How many drops are there in a ml of a liquid, 20? Or does it highly vary/depend?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't think liquid nicotine is illegal here, actually I believe there are still no laws regarding them. Other nicotine products like patches or chewing gum are legal. Most of vape stuff are illegally imported/smuggled. The high price is because of rarity and lack of regulations on the prices. Although the price is more than 10 fold, and if you take into account the average income, it'd be like 100 fold higher, it's still affordable.

P.S. I added 8 drops of the liquid in 2ml of my 3MG juice. I thought if the nicotine is too much, my throat would notify me and I will dilute it. I took about 10-15 puffs with little throat hit, but I noticed I'm getting too lightheaded and started sweating. How many drops are there in a ml of a liquid, 20? Or does it highly vary/depend?

It really varies.. generally we say 20 drops to a ml but so much can affect that (dropper size) it's not set in stone.. more of a general.

But, going by 20 drops per ml, your 8 drops made your 2 ml of ejuice turn into 20mg ejuice UNLESS it's was already 3mg before you added the extra nicotine in which case you turned it into 23mg juice..

Calculator :

E-Liquid Calculator - Best DIY Vape eJuice Calculator

Never mix inside your tank.. your ejuice needs shaken and some time to mix with your VG etc for each puff to be consistent in strength.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I counted 40-45. The drops were relatively small because of the dropper size.

At 40 drops to a mg then you only added 10mg of nicotine.. so basically you made 13mg juice since your juice was already 3mg, in which case your problem was that you mixed inside of your tank.

You can't do that. . You have to mix inside of a bottle that can be periodically shaken until all the ingredients are fully mixed/incorporated..

In not having all your ingredients mixed together your nicotine just sat on top and caused you to get too much at once.

Next time mix in a bottle that you can shake and make sure everything is properly mixed before putting it inside a tank for vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread