Does anybody own the (clone or authentic) Congestus Mod? Or the Vapor Giant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey guys! The Congestus and the Vapor Giant have both been 2 of my long sought-after "unicorn mods" for ages now, mainly because they're dual 26650 (stack-able) side-firing mods, and it's just engineered beautifully. They're truly black sheep for me though, I usually don't care for 1) Telescopic and 2) Side buttons, but for some reason these 2 beaut's me want to be a hypocrite! :p

I was just wondering if anyone on ECF has the authentic Congestus mod by Velvet Cloud, or The Vapor Giant by Niko?

To be honest, the Vapor Giant looks sexier to me because of it's engineering (they both have pretty awesome beefy copper contacts), but even better it's not telescopic, it comes with 2 different tube add-ons like a common mechanical mod, so what your left with is a streamlined light-saber looking device (which is cool to me!). However this thing comes with a painful price of around $475 (because it HAS to be bought with their kayfun looking topper, for whatever reason).

HOWEVER, the Congestus is now cloned (and damn well) by pretty much the only cloners I trust; Infinite. Suck my mod does a review on both, and it's pretty slick, there's virtually no difference comparing to the original, except for the price, which is a very fair $60. I got a little giddy when I saw that option, not going to lie, I can have a good looking, dual-stacked 26650 mechanical mod, high-quality made, and can telescopically adjust to anything I want for under $100? HELL YES! :D

I'm preparing to spend a pretty penny on this next mod, because I only want to buy a dual 26650 mod ONCE, and definitely want to get the best the first go. BUT, the price tag of the Vapor Giant (475) is sort of...crazy, maybe one day for christmas or something, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I mean for around the $400 range I can buy the BFM by Bay City, and that's a really good performing stacked mod. Although it's quite expensive as well, and not exactly anything different, I wish they'd have given the BFM a little bit of design and removed that darn c-clamp on the button, I don't know why, but that pin BUGS the heck out of me lol, I have bad vaper's OCD :lol:.

(I'm starting to thing about getting the BFM dual tube, and taking it to an engraver to personalize it, best of both worlds! I usually don't care about looks whatsoever, but something about a plain copper tube that long just makes it seem (ever-so-slightly) a shame to spend $300 on. I don't know, hmmm.

I'm HEAVILY leaning towards the Infinite Congestus Clone at the moment, but I just wanted to see if ECF has had a decent experience with it before I do. At least that way, I have something that can at least let me try out dual 26650 setups, and if I don't like it, I'm only out $60.

What do y'all think?

:2cool:Thank you so much for any input in advance! :D You guys are awesome, and vape onwards ladies and gents! :vapor:

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been prototyping my own dual 26650 tube mod for the past couple months, and I've been loving it. Thought I'd come up with something ingenious and unique. Then I ran across the Congestus online a few hours ago, and discovered I'm not exactly a pioneer. So I scrapped my design and ordered one. Did you ever get one, and if so, how is it?

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
I have two of the infinite congestus clones (from two different vendors but both infinite). Both solidly built. Both very beastly-looking.
Both had the same flaw. The button throw was too short to work out-of the-box. It took me intentionally cross-threading the copper contact pin into the switch button head in order to lengthen the throw so it could could reach the axis inside.
Other than that they are both great and I have no regrets on the purchases.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have two of the infinite congestus clones (from two different vendors but both infinite). Both solidly built. Both very beastly-looking.
Both had the same flaw. The button throw was too short to work out-of the-box. It took me intentionally cross-threading the copper contact pin into the switch button head in order to lengthen the throw so it could could reach the axis inside.
Other than that they are both great and I have no regrets on the purchases.
Hmm, I can work with that. I was thinking about machining replacements for some of the parts out of solid copper instead of copper plated brass anyway, I can probably make a properly working button. I'm just excited to get a proper stacked 26650 mod, instead of the cardboard one I've been working with.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got the Panasonic CGR26650As. Supposedly the same specs as the Sony 50A 26650s. I dunno anything about that, what I do know is they definitely hit a little harder than my MNKEs, and they heat up slower too. And when I shorted one, the spark was louder than my MNKEs as well, so I'd probably get into trouble quicker if they ever get a sustained short.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My Congestus was delivered while I was at work today! I set it up a couple hours ago, and I'm in love. No issues with my button contact. And it hits like a freight train. I've always felt that the term "gagging amounts of vapor" is grossly overused, but it's definitely apt for describing this one. I still can't properly do a full inhale, because I choke when trying to exhale. I unboxed it at my favorite B&M, and I'm pretty sure the gal behind the counter creamed her pants when I tested it out.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Here's mine. I don't know if it's an Infinite clone or not, but I haven't had any problems at all. Button need a little bit of adjusting but that was just because I like a really short throw, no alignment issues.

Got one of those big 26650-sized Kayfun conversion tanks from FT on top. The guts of which are an old KFL, also from FT. I'm not pushing the battery to its limits or anything, just a .8Ohm build. I love this thing though, feels great, works great, looks comically ridiculous, which is precisely what I wanted. :)

4Nine in 18350 mode beside it for giggles.
14875384297_da1be3a245_b.jpg
[/url]Congestus clone by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
For the OP...
As someone who knows a person who has both a real and clone congestus, it is a good mod, DEPENDING on what you would like to do with it. The person I know who has both (which, of course I have used) had the same issue with both mods. The issue is can you cloud chase with them. Yes; however, be prepared for your springs to fail. Both mods had the same issue of spring failure and now both buttons get stuck. The owner has now switched to using a single battery with an EHPro Big Buddha tank (which is am amazing setup, btw) and hasn't had the issue since replacing the springs for the 3rd time (NOTE: he HAS NOT cloud chased with the latest batch of springs because it is inevitable that they will fail again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread