does anyone else do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashout

Aug 14, 2011
dallas
I've only been vaping exclusively for almost 2 weeks now and have been on a quest for a menthol liquid similar to the taste of a newport. After browsing the forums for quite some time I found out that I'm probably not going get that analog flavor. Going back to analogs is not an option for me since I'm so proud of myself cause I haven't been smoke free this long since I started. I've picked up menthol juices from all the suppliers I've encountered over the past two weeks. The list goes:

E-smokey treats menthol 24mg
Vaporescence - custom mix burley/marburo menthol 18mg
Halocigs - truepure and menthol ice 24mg
Nhaler HV nuport and 555 menthol 10mg

These are all very good liquids but missing something or the other. It's either too much menthol and not enough tobacco or vice versa. Basically I took all of the juices and mixed equal amounts in a 5 ml bottle and got my ultimate menthol mix. I do know that I don't want to have to mix these all the time and will probably settle on just a 3 part mix later. Right now this is keeping the edge off for when I really need a smoke. If I had to settle on just one or two it would be the nhaler liquids but now I just need that extra kick. Does anyone else mix their liquids to get what I call my ultimate menthol?

BB3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Florida Panhandle
I mix stuff but it's usually a fail. i was a menthol smoker for 35 years(Doral Menthol Light 100's) and haven't found a nicquid that replicates the analog taste. However, I do really enjoy the EC Menthol tobacco from The Vapor Room(and the Vanilla Tobacco is even better).

www.thevaporroom.net

Last edited:

WiredKs

Aug 17, 2011
Reading, PA
I've been at it 8 days and thought I’d share my (limited) experience. I got a sample pack of sweet flavors (cherry, watermelon, vanilla, chocolate, and grape) and each of those was pretty decent. But I was trying to trick my brain into thinking I was actually smoking so I would feel a craving for an analog. To do this I was going to have to try tobacco flavors. The two tobacco flavors I tried were both awful at first. In both cases it was day 5 and the switch flipped. I equate it to coffee. When I first tried coffee I thought it was terrible, but now I enjoy the flavor. I’m still having cravings for analogs and only the tobacco flavors could chase them away.

In short, it might be worth muscling through it for a few days to see if you acquire a taste for the flavor. It worked for me for the most part and now my brain thinks I’m smoking and I can get through nearly all the cravings.

badunkamunk

Aug 25, 2011
Bay Area
i have been a newport smoker for years and for some reason what really hits the spot for me is Madvapes candycane.

ME TOO! All the newport flavors i've tried have been less than enticing...i have given up my search and enjoy candy cane a lot.

with vaping nothing really taste like newport/ hit the spot. Same is true with cigarets

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Yes I do. I mix all the time.

If you want a good menthol, give nitelitevapor.com's Cold Creek a try. Not really a tobacco but it's a menthol/mint mix that is well balanced and the only menthol that I can vape. I smoked menthols but could never find a good juice that didn't taste like a cough drop. This one doesn't. Gene's juices are inexpensive and taste fantastic. $10 for 30mls but he has smaller bottles also.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Coming from newports, I know there's not a flavor that really hits it. Halo Truepure works for my better half while I use Menthol Ice, but I'm starting to mix my menthols with other flavors, especially fruits. Bluemist Menthol Smooth really works for mixing with fruit. That menthol kick makes many juices go from nothing special to very good. Get a batch of menthol crystals and mix some up to flavor most anything. I think even the infamous Crab juice would be better (less bad?) with menthol!

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
When i smoked analogs i never smoked menthol, but since I'm vaping i tried a bunch of menthol and menthol tobacco mixes.
My favorite up to date is Backwoods Brew tobacco menthol, good taste all around as far as I'm concerned, and you can choose what "level" of menthol you want in it low, medium or high. I'm personally vaping the medium and its very good IMHO. Although taste is very subjective, I still recommend you try it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread