Does anyone really vape at ~200 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It's done even higher from what I have seen in my area, especially the younger cloudz braz crowd out in my neck of the woods. They are so hot on their vapes they can barely fire 1 to 1.5seconds on attys like the Mason 40mm with 4s LiPo box mods /w PWM potentiometers. The real question can the mods coming out actually reach those wattages advertised given current 18650 technology available? IMO no, plus I can't see the hype of being over 100watts to begin with, vape becomes not enjoyable to me. Hottest build I got running right now is on a Velocity /w verticle 24/32 claptons in a 6/5 wrap at a 3.5mm ID, running at 75 to 100watts, but I still get a more efficient vape from my Doge V2 /w parallel 26awg 10/9 wrap on a 3.5mm ID running at 35watts.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I bought a 200 watt mod, but more for battery life at 55 watts. With the third battery hopefully I can get another day between charges. Overnight or weekend trip and I won't need to bring batteries or a charger. A little pouch of rayon, an emergency coil, a screwdriver, and I am all set.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I didn't really mean has anyone "ever" vaped at 200 watts or more, as I know they have. I was more wondering if anyone vapes at that power as their regular day to day vape.

As for the extended battery life, I'd rather use a small, light, single 18650 mod and carry 2 spare batteries in my pocket, than deal with holding and lifting a big, heavy mod all day long.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I guess it really depends on your vape style. Sure, if I'm tootling at 10 to 15W, my single battery mods are fine all day. If I occasionally pull out some of my other tanks like a Crius or Limitless, I am going to be up around 35-50W. My single battery mod could handle that so long as I have extra batteries, but I would rather use larger mods so I don't have to really pay attention to charge level.

Yes, the market has been pushing higher and higher power with each new generations of products. Much the same as tank manufacturers turn out far more new subohm cloud tanks than the nice, simple low power tootling flavor tanks. I don't really like that, and would rather have a wide assortment to choose from, but just as the manufacturers keep the power wars going, vapers seem to support it by purchasing the stuff. Do those vapers need it? In all likelihood no. But I can't place all the blame on the mod designers because if there was no market, they wouldn't be making them.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I didn't really mean has anyone "ever" vaped at 200 watts or more, as I know they have. I was more wondering if anyone vapes at that power as their regular day to day vape.

As for the extended battery life, I'd rather use a small, light, single 18650 mod and carry 2 spare batteries in my pocket, than deal with holding and lifting a big, heavy mod all day long.

Yeah I get that, I just find most single battery mods lose there punch when they get to 50%.

And I agree with you on 200w being unrealistic as an adv setting. My tongue would be medium-well.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I was just wondering, with all these 200 watt and now even 300 watt devices, does anyone really vape at that power? My guess is that it's just a marketing game, that, and longer vape times.

When I was at 35W on a 75W Sigelei mod, I thought, "I'll never need another mod." and then began vaping at 40W, 55W, and then bought a 150W Sigelei mod. Then I started to vape at 100W, 120W, and I thought, "I'll never need another mod." and then bought a Sigelei 213. Then I started to vape at 140W, 155W and 170W... I'm backed down to 140W right now, but anything up to 170W is not only tolerable but pleasant on my Twisted Messes Squared RDA. Have a new RX200S that is capable of 250W, but I think I'll be stuck at 170W due to the progress of toppers (rda/rdta/tanks).

I think what is going on, or WAS going on was that there were new toppers that made it possible to enjoy the vape at higher wattages. With FDA Deeming, I think that all came to a screeching halt.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    I imagine the cloud chasers buy more gear than the tootle puffers.

I get tremendous flavor out of my gear, but you do have to experiment with your equipment.

At 140 to 170W, on a Twisted Messes Squared RDA, I'm running the RDA with just 1.5 boxes for airflow. The flavor is just as good if not better than when I was vaping at 35W and I'm getting a lot more nic. I vape at 12mg/ml nic.

Reactions: D. Waterhouse

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    No thanks, been somewhere between 25-35 and SOMETIMES 40W on my subtanks for quite a while now. I seriously don't understand how going higher isn't burning their juice.

All has to do with airflow. If you've got the lungs, you can put them to use.

All the juice vaporized is going in to my lungs. If I hold it for just 2 to 3 sec on exhale...most of the particulate falls out in to my lungs. Very little in the way of clouds.

Eekins

ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2015
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Psht, do you even LIFT bro?!

Nah but seriously, I have a reuleaux simply for the battery life and it really only stays at home. I vape it at a nice 55 watts. My carryout is a kanger nebox (unpopular, I know) with a 28/38 clapton in it at 0.4ohms and I vape that at 35-40 watts. I used to build rda's stupidly low and I tried running them at around 180-200w. It was fun for a few days but after that I started getting a really sore throat. I think people do it just to dabble in it, but I'm almost certain after a short amount of time, they're right back to <100w. I don't even recall juice that I absolutely love tasting good after 150+ w.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread