Does anyone use 'Taryn-Spin' method to fill Resurrectors? How do you fill yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Hi there! I'm doing a basic guide to vaping for beginners for some friends I'm giving ego kits and all the fixins' to for xmas, plus just a handy dandy thing to have all typed up. Trying to cover everything, including care and feeding of popular types of cartos. I love resurrectors, but am out of them now and have never tried the 'taryn-spin' method to fill them. Seems like it should work since they're so similar to boge, but wondering if anyone has tried this and how its worked? And if not, how do you fill your resurrectors? So far I have basic drip for topping off, syringe method to fill, condom method to fill (2 boge big bottom condoms halfway filled w juice for condom method). But any experiences with taryn-spin and filling resurrectors, or any tips on maintenance ect for the resurrectors would be appreciated.

BTW, happy to make this available to anyone who thinks it might be useful for newbies to vaping they've converted. Its not HUGE, but its about 22 pages so far. Covers everything from basics about a starter kit, basics about pg/vg and nic content in juices, intro info to DIY, to step by step 'care and feeding' of equipment/cartos/cleaning cartos and attys, suppliers list of people I've loved buying from w best prices. Figured it was easier to type it up once than keep answering same question again and again since i'm giving a bunch of egos for xmas. ;) Pm me if you'd like a copy. Of course this stuff is all my opinion, but might be useful to new vapers.

jammydodger

Nov 9, 2011
Dallas
I've used a thermometer snap to completely saturate cartos (bottom cap still on) for 2 years. Got my REO Grande today and my wrist is going on a long vacation unless someone has a fever. :D It wasn't a chore to get the benefits and I actually think the tinkering was part of breaking my cig addiction, but now that I know vaping is right for me, I wanted to find a method that eliminated constant husbanding of carto fill level.

You're an awesome friend for offering these gifts and a fantastic community member for offering your documentation.

Last edited:

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I use a 15mL squeeze bottle with a Luer Lock cap topped with a 16 gauge x 1.5" needle. Insert the needle and squeeze the bottle, watch the top of the filler and stop when you see the liquid just beginning to come up to the surface.

Resurrectors aren't my favorite filler-type cartos. I can get twice the life out of an IKV Fusion and don't have the problems with liquid leaking out the threaded end if it's slightly overfilled.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
The Taryn Spin works just fine with resurrectos. I use this method for all my cartos because it's quick. I don't have the patience to wait for the juice to settle to the bottom. The spin won't leave any air pockets either but you will probably get some over flow out the battery end when you take the condom off. Just blow it out and vape away.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Someone (I believe?) on here posted a video of a filling method I now use on new cartos. Take one of those end cap things, and fill it about 2/3 full of juice, and push the carto battery end into it slowly. Sounds like it would be messy, but it works quite well. I wish I could remember who posted that video???

That would be the 'condom method' I mentioned above.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I have tried syringes, condom method, and random other stuff, eh, I still swear by spinning for the first fill. I think it's the best way to pack maximum juice and distribute it well.
I musta spun a zillion cartos of all sorts by now (including Resurrectors). Best way is to use a snug lanyard (Leaford's Lanyard at V4L is dandy and lasts forever). You don't need a big arc at all. I generally drip about 10 drops, spin, and then keep adding in 15 drop increments, spinning each time until it just won't hold any more, and blow out any overfill. (I just leave it in the lanyard when adding drops).
Sounds much more time-consuming than it actually is (I can easily fill a mega at a stoplight) and I get MUCH more juice in that way, and have to refill much less frequently. I find that syringes are much more hassle. And just dripping from the top doesn't get much juice in at all unless you wait a long time, let it soak in, and repeat - ugh. Condom's my second choice but again, it doesn't force the juice in as well or as evenly.
I keep it going once packed just by top-dripping, or if it's a horizontal coil and/or a mega and I'm worried about the bottom getting dry, I alternate that with condom dunks. With the spin at the start that's not needed so often.

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Someone (I believe?) on here posted a video of a filling method I now use on new cartos. Take one of those end cap things, and fill it about 2/3 full of juice, and push the carto battery end into it slowly. Sounds like it would be messy, but it works quite well. I wish I could remember who posted that video???

Yep, its the condom method. Not sure who posted the video you saw, but I describe it step by step and link to a video showing how in the guide. ;) Here's the link to download guide.

http://www.4shared.com/document/G6t6f1uc/Beginners_Guide_to_Vaping_Fina.html?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread