Does bigger battery equal better throat hit, or is it the juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience so far is that my KR808 gives me the best throat hit, vapor and flavor. I have a 510 which gives me great vapor but minimal flavor and no throat. Same with my 401.

Just to be sure it wasn't the juice I have refilled my carts and cartos with the same juice (Alien Visions) with the same results.

I have tried dripping with the 510 but the taste is no different than using the cart. Dripping with the 401 does produce slightly more taste but no throat hit whatsoever. In fact, sometimes the taste is non-existent in my 510 and 401 that if it wasn't for the fact that I can see the vapor as I exhale, I wouldn't even know I was vaping at all.

I am seriously considering buying the Tornado Tank from Totally Wicked but don't want to shell out anymore money if my KR808 is the best that I can expect.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
If you are looking for TH and you like the TH on your kr808 then stick with it. The main reason people get the eGo (or more mah batt) is for longer battery life. From my experience the TH on the 510 is similar or the same as the eGo - depending on my juice selection.

For better/stronger vaping experience you should be looking more at voltage rather than mah. Perhaps it's time for a high voltage mod?

The 808 is 3.7 Volts.TH depends on voltage and pg content.I found the best TH at 5v with 80% pg.It just depends what your looking for.

I figured it had something to do with that. What would be your recommendation for a PV and juice supplier then? Take into consideration though that I really like the form factor of the KR808 and I think the Tornado is about as "wild" as I would want to get.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
If you are thinking of going with another PV you should check out the Infinity. I could have saved allot of money if I could have gotten the Buzz or Infinity before I bought all these other mods. Throat hit is best at higher voltages and also a rule of thumb is PG produces better throat hit and VG produces better vapor. You can raise the voltage, nic level or PG level to get better throat hit.
The Infinity is the best mod I've ever used and I have a stack of them. Notcig.com that sells the Infinity also has the best customer service in the business.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
In my very limited experience, my USB passthru is much better all around than my 808. More TH, more vapor, even more flavor to a lesser degree. I guess it's all about voltage.

Correct. Throat hit is 98% warmth of the vapor (more power/bigger batteries) and nicotine strength. The best throat hit and consistency will come from good 5 volt and variable volt PV's, plain and simple.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I have heard its the resistance of the atty you use more than the size of the battery is this true or false?

The thing with that is if you use a low resistance atomizer it will mimic a higher voltage e-cig, so if you are using a mere 3.7v e-cig (like an eGo) then you can try an LR atty to get it to perform more like a 5v e-cig.

so yeah, in this case size doesn't matter - it's voltage (or mimicked voltage, I guess)

from what i understand the bigger the battery the more vapor you will get... so one would think you would get more taste as well..... but check out this video on you tube.... just type in thagbuilt.... its like the 3rd video down a woman with a beanie on hitting a chuck... also check out thagbuilt.com

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Are there any on 5v PVs out there that aren't mods? Meaning, is there a 501 or KR808 or something similar that is 5v or should I go with a 901 adapter for my KR808 and use a LR atty?

There must be something like a 1000 posts on here about newbie's wanting their PV's to look like an analog and then after a month of frustration, getting a bigger battery PV and stating that they should not have been all that concerned about "looks" over performance. For the vast majority, once you try a good 5 volt or variable volt PV, they all wonder why they waited so long due to the much better performance.

And no, there are no 5 volt/VV PV's that look like an analog. They can't make effective batteries that small. There are many nice looking 5 volt/VV PV's on the market. You might want to look at this site:

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Directecig claims to be a 5v
Direct E-Cig

I find that very hard to believe. Besides, even if that little battery IS a 5V, you still won't be able to use a LR atty with it because it doesn't have enough mAh. You'd ruin the battery in a heartbeat. LR atty's should only be used with batteries that are at least 450mAh and at least 3.7V. Period. LR atty's should not be used with any 5V device, whether it's a PT or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread