Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i bought flavorwest lucky hit 4oz because I thought it was a lucky strike tobacco analog. I was wrong. 3 days steeping and all I can taste is pure clove. It was expensive and marketed as a tobacco flavor too. No detectable tobacco taste. Does this stuff turn into a tobacco flavor if you strep it long enough or is it just overpriced garbage?

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Beats me! That looks like it might be a new(er?) one from FW. ELR has 5 possible entries... none of which have any informative notes (one, in Russian, states: "A pleasant, aromatic vapor that resembles the taste of cigarettes."). Likewise no notes, or listings on Reddit, or ATF. Vendors; BCF, ECX, WL, NR, and NG, are not offering it (at least yet). So, again, no reviews/comments.

I am not quite sure what FW-Branded means.:confused:

What percentage did you try mixing it at? Could you be using too much? Without any community feedback, I would be inclined to mix a bunch of small (3-5mL?) testers, in maybe 0.5% increments, and see what that might tell me. Small samples will help to keep any required aging to a minimum. And, minimize product waste.

If, by "Branded," FW means they are peddling a concentrate that is not their own; it is within reason that this could be highly concentrated. I would start as low as 1%, and go up from there. The first two, or three, might be kind of weak. But, given what you said about what you have already mixed, I would be thinking "less," and not "more." But, that's just me...:)

As for the aging part of your question; I do have a couple of tobaccos that I can vape after just 3 days. But, the majority seem to like at least a few (3-ish???) weeks before maturing. I would definitely park your current sample for further evaluation. I would think it is certainly possible, for the clove to weaken, while the tobacco becomes more prevalent.

Let us know how it develops!:D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Beats me! That looks like it might be a new(er?) one from FW. ELR has 5 possible entries... none of which have any informative notes (one, in Russian, states: "A pleasant, aromatic vapor that resembles the taste of cigarettes."). Likewise no notes, or listings on Reddit, or ATF. Vendors; BCF, ECX, WL, NR, and NG, are not offering it (at least yet). So, again, no reviews/comments.

I am not quite sure what FW-Branded means.:confused:

What percentage did you try mixing it at? Could you be using too much? Without any community feedback, I would be inclined to mix a bunch of small (3-5mL?) testers, in maybe 0.5% increments, and see what that might tell me. Small samples will help to keep any required aging to a minimum. And, minimize product waste.

If, by "Branded," FW means they are peddling a concentrate that is not their own; it is within reason that this could be highly concentrated. I would start as low as 1%, and go up from there. The first two, or three, might be kind of weak. But, given what you said about what you have already mixed, I would be thinking "less," and not "more." But, that's just me...:)

As for the aging part of your question; I do have a couple of tobaccos that I can vape after just 3 days. But, the majority seem to like at least a few (3-ish???) weeks before maturing. I would definitely park your current sample for further evaluation. I would think it is certainly possible, for the clove to weaken, while the tobacco becomes more prevalent.

Let us know how it develops!:D
I could very well be using way too much. I ran it at ~10%

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I could very well be using way too much. I ran it at ~10%
Being FW; I can't say 10% is out of the question. But, for many(?) (non-NET) tobaccos, that seems unusually high. Think about doing some samples starting with much lower percentages. If it is as potent as your post is making it sound; the sweet spot is likely to be a rather narrow window. I could see it ending up something like "3.25% is a little weak, 3.5% is good, but definitely no more than 3.75%." Verses, something like "anywhere from 5-9% is good."

Of course, I have never tried it, so I could be completely talking out my nether regions too!:rolleyes::D
All of the usual "YMMV" applies as much as ever.:)

As an alternative; you could draw off small portions of what you already have mixed, and dilute them. But, given the fact that you have 4 oz. of the stuff... and for easier (more accurate?) control of precise dilution levels... I would simply start from scratch. Three days is not a significant jump on aging.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
10% in Max VG is weak for FW unless you steep it for weeks.
FW's owner told me they're all designed to work at the same concentration.
He wouldn't tell me what % but I found what works best for me.
I use 10% in my own maxvg mix but it steeps for a month before I get to it.
I use 20% in MaxVG, 18% in 75VG & 15% in 50/50 when I mix for other people.
Other people want it ASAP so stronger is better for them.
Mrs. M's vaped 12mg 50/50 15% FW East Coast Tobacco for over 3 years

I use 2.8-3% for Hangsen RY1. I use what works best and FW needs high %

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The picture doesn't mean I'm good at it. I just use it a lot. (But I am good at it)
I've been DIYing mostly FW & MBV (same thing same %'s) for 5+ years.
I like it tasty, strong & simple.

I'm down to 22 flavors in stock now.
18 FW, Hangsen RY1, 2 from Nude Nic & the last 2oz of a quart of MBV Hawk Sauce.
And like I said, the Mrs likes their East Coast Tobacco.
I tried over 100, maybe over 150 FW/MBV and some were just nasty but there are enough to keep me vaping delicious made simple :thumb:

fw.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread