Does high(36mg) nicotine affect harshness a good bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I would say yes. Nicotine has a bit to do with throat hit, and can even make the juice a bit "peppery" if there is a lot of it. I vape at 24mg because that's what it takes for me to stay off cigs. But I like the flavor better at 18mg nic. Oh well, one day I will go down to the 18, but for now I'm a happy camper.

Can you tell us more about the juice? Where did you get it? Is it customizable? If so, you can order it certain ways to try and reduce harshness (less PG more VG-flavor shots perhaps?).

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
If you need the 36 mg to stay off the cigs, try getting a higher VG blend the next time that you order. That will smooth it out a good bit. 36 mg is not unusual for a heavier smoker to start with and sometimes it takes even a little higher strength for very heavy smokers.

Good luck!

scott44

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Daphne Al USA
I would say yes. Nicotine has a bit to do with throat hit, and can even make the juice a bit "peppery" if there is a lot of it. I vape at 24mg because that's what it takes for me to stay off cigs. But I like the flavor better at 18mg nic. Oh well, one day I will go down to the 18, but for now I'm a happy camper.

Can you tell us more about the juice? Where did you get it? Is it customizable? If so, you can order it certain ways to try and reduce harshness (less PG more VG-flavor shots perhaps?).
Its Mt Baker blue berry pg65/vg 35.Its good,just a bit strong.I'm not complaining:) Its my first time vaping I have nothing to compare it with

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Its Mt Baker blue berry pg65/vg 35.Its good,just a bit strong.I'm not complaining:) Its my first time vaping I have nothing to compare it with

See if you can go even higher with the VG percentage if you need that much nic. You'll get more clouds, too! Otherwise, I would suggest ordering at 24mg nic next time. You might enjoy it even more without the harshness.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
That what salem said too...how much more vg? 50/50 or 60/40

If you stay at 36mg...I would probably go with the 20PG/80VG blend. You could even go with the "Max VG" or the 70%VG with 30% distilled water. But you may have a better throat hit without choosing the water option. Try the 80%VG or the MaxVG and see if either one of those help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread