How do I breathe harsh e juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDripper

Mar 21, 2016
hello all this is my first post on ecf so please bare with me :) I recently bought a 30ml bottle of e juice at a local shop and it is labeled as a 6mg nicotine juice, when I first vaped this flavor it had an extremely harsh throat hit and made me want to puke! It reminded me of when I was first quitting and vaping on 24/18mg. I really like the flavor and want to experiment with breathing e juice, how do I lower the nicotine level with breathing? Thanks!

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
"Breathing" is done by letting the bottle sit open-necked, preferably in a dust-free cabinet away from spill hazards. The purpose of this would be to evaporate away volatile chemicals, such as alcohol. It won't lower the nicotine level appreciably, even if you left it like that for weeks on end. It may tone down harshness.

The best way to lower the nicotine would be dilution, either with a 0mg version of the same liquid, or with plain VG or PG.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
What is the pg/vg ratio of the eliquid? Higher pg will also contribute to harshness. When my daughter and I changed hardware a few years ago, the higher pg that worked well with our old equipment was much too harsh for us with the new hardware. We went to a lower pg/higher vg ratio, and have been happy ever since.

Road King

ECF Veteran
Simply adding VG will not only tone down any PG-related harshness, it will also mute any flavorings. It will NOT lower nic level. Like man00ver said, a zero nic version (in higher VG) would lower you to a 3 & remove PG-related harshness. Steeping may or may not reduce harshness, but will not affect nic level. It also could mute flavor.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If you're looking at cutting a 30ml bottle of 24mg to 6mg, you're looking at adding quite a bit of VG which is going to kill the flavor. Adding 30ml of plain VG will cut the nicotine down to 12mg.

Your best bet would be to order the same flavor e-liquid in 0 nicotine strengths and combine the necessary amounts to reach the desired nicotine level.

BigDripper

Mar 21, 2016
Success! I let the bottle breathe with the nipple off in a shoebox for 48 hours (I'm aware that this was extreme) and I took out 5ml of the juice and added 5ml of VG. After that I shook the bottle every half hour for 2 hours and rewicked my rda, drowned it and took a test rip. I have saved this bottle of juice with very little flavor loss. Thanks to all who helped me out on this thread, I had a great first experience with ecf and I will surely return with my next vaping related issue. Happy chucking! :vapor:

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Success! I let the bottle breathe with the nipple off in a shoebox for 48 hours (I'm aware that this was extreme) and I took out 5ml of the juice and added 5ml of VG. After that I shook the bottle every half hour for 2 hours and rewicked my rda, drowned it and took a test rip. I have saved this bottle of juice with very little flavor loss. Thanks to all who helped me out on this thread, I had a great first experience with ecf and I will surely return with my next vaping related issue. Happy chucking! :vapor:

Sounds like they use alcohol based flavorings, was this the vape shop's in house made juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread