Does higher voltage necessarily mean less flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmoondreamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Tyler, Texas
Good morning! I have been using a kind friend's 901 this week while waiting to receive my Screwdriver. I've been getting an awesome flavorful vape using RY4 in the standard 901, but was a little disappointed today when I fired it up in my new Screwdriver (mini, using RN4075 atty and cart) and got great throat hit and a harsher vapor, but the great taste is gone, just tastes harsh and "tobacco-y".

Is this a normal occurance with a higher voltage mod to exchange some flavor for power? Thanks

MrLongbeard

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
England
Howdo,

The SD isn't a higher voltage mod, OK so depending on the state of your friends 901 they're might be a bit of difference in voltages but I wouldn't of thought it'd make an appreciable difference.

Can't say I noticed a change when I switched from 901 to an SD.
Are you using the supplied atties ? did you get shot of the primer fluid in them if you did as this might colour your experience?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
My SD provides excellent flavor. As MrLongbeard noted, at 3.7, the SD isn't really a high-powered vape. It's typically the mods above that where folks start reporting some loss in flavor.

Maybe your atomizer . . . maybe the liquid you're using in the cart . . . maybe you're holding your button down for a longer period of time and perhaps "cooking" the liquid a bit too much.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I'd say "usually" higher voltage means a perceived loss of flavor, and I'd guess because of the really warm vapor. However, I can think of two huge exceptions to this: BE112(bestecig's penstyle) at 5V, and RN4081's at six volts. It seems like the opposite happens. Flavor just explodes. Not sure why but I'm sure someone can tell me.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I'd say "usually" higher voltage means a perceived loss of flavor, and I'd guess because of the really warm vapor. However, I can think of two huge exceptions to this: BE112(bestecig's penstyle) at 5V, and RN4081's at six volts. It seems like the opposite happens. Flavor just explodes. Not sure why but I'm sure someone can tell me.
Wow...this is the second post I have seen mentioning the Best BE112 attys working great on a 5 volt PV....I may need to upgrade my Mod to give this a try! Thanks Zofryer!:)The Wiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread