Does nicotine affect throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrl

Oct 24, 2013
New Zealand
Just tried a 50/50 mix 12mg from MBV on my Vamo V5 and I get a nasty throat hit that makes me cough. Was using the protank mini 2 clone from fast tech.

I tried one with less than 6 mg of nic and it went smooth at 6V, this time on the original protank mini 2. Funnily enough I tried the 18mg 50/50 mix on a V2 cig and I could inhale it straight into the lungs with no issues.

So weird I don't know what is wrong lol. Could it be the tank that I'm using? or the nic level?

Last edited:

unrl

Oct 24, 2013
New Zealand
Yes it does- Sounds like you may have gotten a dry hit though.

It should still taste the same, but might make you cough a little. If you get into drippers you can really drop the nic. I'm down to 6mg and feeling just fine!

Yep I'm going to try to order 6mg and see how it goes. Will also get the one with 0 nic (which will be sad) to try it out if nic is affecting it.

What would make it have a dry hit though? I let it sit in the tank overnight and try it again the next day, still get the bad hit.

steponmytoes

Nov 19, 2013
Los Angeles
Nicotine definitely increases throat hit. Also will contribute to a peppery taste sometimes. I mix a lot of my own stuff and the number 1 factor for increased throat hit is nicotine (even over PG). PG acts as a flavor carrier and will contribute to the throat hit, but doesn't actually cause it. Also, a lot of eliquids will have some type of alcohol in it (flavoring agent), this may cause throat irritation, especially if you find that the flavor is "chemically" or too strong in a bad way.

unrl

Oct 24, 2013
New Zealand
Hrm, yeah had good reviews for MBV so I thought their juices would be fine for the majority of vapers.

50/50 was recommended and I tried it at 12mg but on a different e-cig (V2 cig) which has a white plastic head where you can put around 1ml of juice in. So I'm at a crossroad as to, 1. its the nic level or 2. the protank mini 2 that I'm using. Maybe I need to get the original protank mini 2 from kanger but don't know how that would affect the throat hit tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread