Unflavored 36mg. No throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
Hi! Newbie here. One week vaping and no more analogs after 30 years smoking 1-2 packs a day!
I mixed 36mg unflavored e-liquid with PG 50/50. Of course, I wasn’t expecting any flavor at all but the throat hit? It is caused only by the flavor? I bought a lot of sweet flavors… the first couple of days they were ok but now my taste has changed (I guess) and I was planning to make some 18mg e-juice and mix with tobacco flavor but without the throat hit it’s not ok for me… I need both, the nic and the hit. Any advice will be much appreciated!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
bernel, can I ask what type of P.V. you have? I don't do throat hits because I just cough! But from my few times of getting one, It wasn't the liquids flavor or nic, just the way I inhaled. I am using 11mg down to 0 nic and still getting a hit. I have a 901. Try a few slower and deeper drags to start. Then draw in some air to move the vapor to the back of your throat. This is different then the way you smoked.
I am bumping you back up so that someone with better advice can help. Please let them know what you are using!
Welcome to ECF!

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
Hi Marykay. Thank you for your reply! I have a joye510. (well... a bunch of them. Nine batteries and 7 atomizers. PCCs, chargers.. :oops:) and some e-juice from different supliers, mostly 16mg and 18mg. I can feel a good throat hit using these e-juices. But suddenly all of them are too sweet...8-o. I just want a not too sweet flavor and a good throat hit among the nic.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
bernel... if throat hit is very important to you (it is the MOST important thing to me), you might want to consider purchasing an e-cig model that has higher volts.

The higher volts will always provide the awesome consistent throat hit.

Look for models such as the GG (GG forum) and Prodigy (Puresmoker forum).

These models also let you use your 510 atty if you buy that adapter for them. You have no idea of what that 510 atty is capable of when it is used with higher volts - it's great and will give you an awesome throat hit!

Good luck!

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
The thing I found when using the 510 atty with the 510 battery is that the throat hit goes *poof* when the atty gets even slightly flooded.

Maybe try blowing out any excess liquid from the atty, letting it drain with the battery end up, and then giving it another go.

I also found the throat hit is better when you just drip a few drops directly on the atty and not use carts for vaping with it.

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
What you say makes sense. I will try to follow your advice about dripping. But I want to know... I don't feel ANY throat hit at all with a 36mg unflavored e-juice (diluted to 18mg with 50/50 PG) or just using it as is... without any extra PG. I get a good hit with my other juices (RY4, Turkish blend, Red Bull...all of them 18mg and 24mg) but I just feel they are too sweet now!!! Arrrgggg!! 8-o

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
bernel, Don't panic! Your tastes will change a lot within the first few weeks. I hated the taste of tobacco flavors at first, then I couldn't taste the fruits..at all! I could use menthol but was sooo over it by the time my tastes settled down. Now I like all of them and the fruits (pear is my fav) taste great. It was me not them. I also found out I was switching flavors too often. I limit myself to two flavors in 2 different devices all day. It cures favor fatique and gives me more time to savor them.
Did you try the slow draw with the deep plain air breath?

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
Hi Marykay. Thank you for your reply! I have a joye510. (well... a bunch of them. Nine batteries and 7 atomizers. PCCs, chargers.. :oops:) and some e-juice from different supliers, mostly 16mg and 18mg. I can feel a good throat hit using these e-juices. But suddenly all of them are too sweet...8-o. I just want a not too sweet flavor and a good throat hit among the nic.

I don't care for real sweet juice either. The best Juices I've found for
throat hit and satisfaction without sweet is, Nhaler, Virginia, Turkish.
My vapor srores Marlboro. All in 24mg. Hope this helps. I add Menthol once in a while for a diff. taste. I also use a 510.
Dave:cool:

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
Did you try the slow draw with the deep plain air breath?

Do you mean draw directly to the lungs? I don't know why but I can't! LOL
I do it without the e-cig in my mouth and it's easy, but when I try with the e-cig simply I can't... I keep holding the air in my mouth... probably I am used to, after so many years smoking that way... :confused:

Last edited:

bernel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
I don't care for real sweet juice either. The best Juices I've found for
throat hit and satisfaction without sweet is, Nhaler, Virginia, Turkish.
My vapor srores Marlboro. All in 24mg. Hope this helps. I add Menthol once in a while for a diff. taste. I also use a 510.
Dave:cool:

Thank you. I will try Nhaler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread