Does The Head Rush Effect Exist In The Vaping World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condorman

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
UK
I'm thinking no (the one thing I do miss a bit about...ahem), but I was wondering if there are maybe certain juices or mixtures or maybe even set ups that deliver that same or similar rush? Or has anyone felt that they've experienced it through vaping?

Just a random thought I just had....

Aye, usually with a 36mg juice and a large whisky;)

cieless

Dec 27, 2012
MA
I got it the first time I tried a "real" PV with juice rather than a Blu. Haven't had it since. I think I ?over vaped? since I was used to inhaling so hard with the Blu just to get vapor. I followed it up by coughing like a TB patient. Very classy. The very polite vendor I was talking to resisted laughing only by facing the wall for about 5 minutes. :laugh: No evidence at all that I had spent the past 20 years sucking on a cigarette.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
I'm thinking no (the one thing I do miss a bit about...ahem), but I was wondering if there are maybe certain juices or mixtures or maybe even set ups that deliver that same or similar rush? Or has anyone felt that they've experienced it through vaping?

Just a random thought I just had....

I am going to say for the most part that would be a big(probably) NO.
For the most part, the typical head rush you would get from cigarettes is usually caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain because of the smoke.

No smoke, plus a different delivery system means for the most part no possible head rush in the normal sense.

People get different sensations from different things however, so for some people it may be possible.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
From my experience only, not a head rush per se, but too high a nicotine will make you feel a bit lightheaded. Unfortunately - or fortunately so you don't OD - you will probably start getting a nasty headache at which point your body's telling you to back off for a bit, and then go with a lower nic level

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I am going to say for the most part that would be a big(probably) NO.
For the most part, the typical head rush you would get from cigarettes is usually caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain because of the smoke.

No smoke, plus a different delivery system means for the most part no possible head rush in the normal sense.

People get different sensations from different things however, so for some people it may be possible.

Agree 100% The head rush you get while smoking is the lack of oxygen.

Like Hula said, a nic will get you lightheaded to a degree and will most likely be followed by a headache.

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
Completely agree with the lightheaded thing with high nicotine juices. Mine are usually followed by a slight headache until I drink a little water or something.

To me the head rush I would get from cigarettes(mostly the first one of the day) was more like almost feeling tipsy though. It would only last a few seconds, but that is the way it felt to me. I don't miss it though, especially since I know what caused it.

Grimheart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Hell, Mississippi
I got it recently when I switched from carto tank setup to a z-atty rebuildable atomizer. The nic delivery is a lot more efficient so figured out quick I can't chain vape like I could from the cartos. I'm going to have to reduce the nic content in my juice actually when this is gone.

I noticed this with a Cobra and only a 6 mil juice. The nic delivery is incredible with a genesis atty. 12 mil probably would have made me sick.

spainman

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2012
Memphis, TN
I got it recently when I switched from carto tank setup to a z-atty rebuildable atomizer. The nic delivery is a lot more efficient so figured out quick I can't chain vape like I could from the cartos. I'm going to have to reduce the nic content in my juice actually when this is gone.

I just googled the price on that and... oh my... but kudos if it works that well... must be worth it.

jfjardine02

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Hershey
The "head rush" effect from smoking a cigarette is NOT related to smoke, but rather is a direct effect of nicotine absorption. There are numerous double blind placebo-controlled laboratory studies that consistently find a dose-related nicotine head-rush effect from nicotine delivered via intravenous, nasal or oral delivery. Does nicotine do what we think it does? A m... [Nicotine Tob Res. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

So following on from that, the common lack of a head rush effect from vaping, is most likely because most ecigs do not deliver nicotine at a speed or dose that compares to a cigarette or snuff. Having said that, we now have one published study showing that SOME experienced vapors, using fairly advanced ecigs, CAN obtain a boost in blood nicotine concentration of around 10 ng/ml within 5-10 minutes, which is in a similar ball-park to a cigarette, and enough to give a head rush from the first vape of the day, before acute tolerance to nicotine effects builds up throughout the day. Electronic cigarettes: effective nicotine d... [Nicotine Tob Res. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread