does this sound like too much flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan
Also, if I use primarily 100% VG nic should I just plan to steep for a week before testing or will the vodka help the flavors blend sooner?

iPhone in one hand, ego in the other. Via tapatalk

I never really wait to steep. I know everyone swears by it but I make my personal juices on a daily basis 6ml at a time with vg nic diluted with vg. If you shake it really good until you can't see any separation or waviness in the liquid, let it sit for 10 to settle and give it a try. When I test a new flavor I don't use nic unless I'm confident in the smell of the flavor that it will taste good, that way if I don't like it I don't waste any of my nic. Also make sure not to top off your bottle before you shake or it will be a lot harder to get it to blend, try to leave a gap so that it can be shaken thoroughly. I use PA and the most I've ever mixed at is 25% flavor, and that was only after I had been vaping it for quite a while and needed it to be stronger since I was so used to the taste. Most of my "single flavor" juices I make are 10%, but some flavors are weaker than others and need 15% or to be mixed with another flavor that will elevate it. When I make a dual flavor like chocolate peanut butter, I do 8% chocolate 8% peanut butter, and 4% bavarian. The bavarian sort of ties them together, and I use that 8%/8%/4% for a lot of mixes and it works pretty well.

Also, you want to measure with a pipette or syringe instead of using drops as a measurement. Mini pipettes drops are much smaller than a regular pipette, or out of a bottle with a dripper on it.

Last edited:

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
I never really wait to steep. I know everyone swears by it but I make my personal juices on a daily basis 6ml at a time with vg nic diluted with vg. If you shake it really good until you can't see any separation or waviness in the liquid, let it sit for 10 to settle and give it a try. When I test a new flavor I don't use nic unless I'm confident in the smell of the flavor that it will taste good, that way if I don't like it I don't waste any of my nic. Also make sure not to top off your bottle before you shake or it will be a lot harder to get it to blend, try to leave a gap so that it can be shaken thoroughly. I use PA and the most I've ever mixed at is 25% flavor, and that was only after I had been vaping it for quite a while and needed it to be stronger since I was so used to the taste. Most of my "single flavor" juices I make are 10%, but some flavors are weaker than others and need 15% or to be mixed with another flavor that will elevate it. When I make a dual flavor like chocolate peanut butter, I do 8% chocolate 8% peanut butter, and 4% bavarian. The bavarian sort of ties them together, and I use that 8%/8%/4% for a lot of mixes and it works pretty well.

Also, you want to measure with a pipette or syringe instead of using drops as a measurement. Mini pipettes drops are much smaller than a regular pipette, or out of a bottle with a dripper on it.

ooh well I have been using the mini pipettes. I guess it's time to break out the needles?

Swissy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Michigan

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
One stop DIY shop sells a pipette pump that I have found invaluable in getting my mixes as precise as possible.

Remember a good rule of thumb is 20% flavoring ( though most of my mixes end up bring 25-30% flavoring )

Also, I will drip a few drops of a mix right away to be sure it's good, then let the bottle sit for four days to a week. I've found steeping doesn't change the flavor so much as it allows the flavors to properly mix and find their "balance" for lack of a better word. Its just better when it's steeped.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I usually flavor at 20% as well. Then I'll add sweetener or malic acid if needed. I use either sucralose or cotton candy flavoring(ethyl maltol). Gradually, I'm trying to get away from the sucralose.

One stop DIY shop sells a pipette pump that I have found invaluable in getting my mixes as precise as possible.

Remember a good rule of thumb is 20% flavoring ( though most of my mixes end up bring 25-30% flavoring )

Also, I will drip a few drops of a mix right away to be sure it's good, then let the bottle sit for four days to a week. I've found steeping doesn't change the flavor so much as it allows the flavors to properly mix and find their "balance" for lack of a better word. Its just better when it's steeped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread