Not open for further replies.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Hi! I made a mix like this using VapingZone flavors:

95 drop Peanut Butter
55 drop Maple
into 2 ounces (60ml) of MAX VG 9mg/ml nic base.
Shake well, steep with cap off, shake some more, etc.

I can't taste the peanut butter or the maple. I mixed this last Sunday.

I can barely perceive the PB after I exhale, but it is a residual and very faint. What I taste when vaping is "meh". Not unpleasant, but not PB and Maple.

What gives? I've got a few successful DIY recipes under my belt now.

Thanks!
-Johntodd

PS Please don't fuss about measuring in drops. It's all I can do right now.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Assuming you get about 20 drops to a ml, that's around 12% flavor. You should be tasting SOMETHING. I've never used those flavors or that company's flavors, so I don't know about their potency. I make mostly max VG stuff and I usually use 20% as a benchmark for flavoring. (Mostly use TFA, but I'm still a noob at DIY and am looking into other flavor companies.) I would say add some more flavor though.

I will say that I have never tried a "peanut butter" flavored juice that tasted much like peanut butter. I found one once that kinda tasted like a Nutter Butter cookie, but that was the closest I found.

Reactions: thetrucker

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't use the drop methods but reading other's post you're around 12%. I use tfa peanut butter and that flavor is strong IMO. I normally don't go over 3%. Consider taking a couple ml and diluting it with more VG pg.

Are you saying dilute it due to over-flavoring?

Take a good wiff of it first. If you don't smell much then you might need more flavor. If you can smell something but tastes weak, you might have over flavored it.

Also, my notes on Hangsen PB say that it needs at least a short steep time. I don't know about VZ though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread