Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
These people with severe chest congestion,,,,considering this seems very rare among all vapers, I would highly suggest you try going to a doctor as it very well may not be vaping related.

I concur with this reasonable conclusion...... :thumbs:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I started this thread. I have been vaping since 2011. Vaping causes a buildup of the products you are using, in your lungs. You want to argue, fine. You want to save your lungs, quit vaping.

p.s. I should follow my own advice ;) Basically, it is this. Our lungs supply oxygen to our hearts, and our whole bodies. Our lungs are meant to breathe air. If we want our hearts and lungs to last, it makes sense to only put air into them.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I started this thread. I have been vaping since 2011. Vaping causes a buildup of the products you are using, in your lungs. You want to argue, fine. You want to save your lungs, quit vaping.

I agree with this position also.... to a degree. I don't have Phelgm and I've been vaping since 2009.... but! IF you Vape and you are producing Phlegm... (for whatever reasons), you should quit vaping.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
p.s. I should follow my own advice ;) Basically, it is this. Our lungs supply oxygen to our hearts, and our whole bodies. Our lungs are meant to breathe air. If we want our hearts and lungs to last, it makes sense to only put air into them.

THIS is Logic difficult to argue with. :thumbs:

PS - With all of the 'added' Toxins in our Environment that we're forced to breathe against our wills on a daily basis, Vaping certainly can't be a 'welcome' addition.... jus' sayin'.... :)

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
I know that you will cough up all manner of crap when you start. Sinuses may run a bit clearer resulting in that issue. I know mine do but they were perpetually clogged before I started so for me that is a good thing...lol! No phlegm, just breathing again!

Let me verify what you said, when you quit smoking, you did not cough up phlegm?

When I quit, I didnt either and it concerned me.
My husband on the other hand did and it always had little black dots in it..

Side note: WHY is it men always want to show their wives their body function "materials? LOL

So anyone else not have any phlegm show up?

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Spock just died last month at 85 I think it was of smoking related diseases yet he had not smoked in almost 30 years or so, give or take a year or two as I am not exactly sure of the years. But he spoke out against the dangers of smoking since about the age of 55 when he quit. I think he had COPD but without doing a google search, he essentially died of smoking damage that caught up with him 30 years after he quit.

Many vapers, myself included, were likely heavy smokers and sad to say, we have likely not all been fortunate to have escaped just because we have quit.
I suspect there will be some of us that wil go on to die of smoking related diseases just as Spock did.

Reaserch Spock and you can read more about what he has said on this issue over the years

Last edited:

Toastyroadie

Mar 18, 2015
CO, USA
Speaking for myself, I have found that vaping acts as a cough expectorant to help get rid of the phlegm in my lungs. I have also found that I am quite allergic to many processed foods that I eat, if I keep the processed foods out, the drainage stops, I can also tell when I eat something processed the drainage picks up and if I tilt my head forward, it will drip continuously.

For the longest time I used chlortabs to control this until I found vitamin C and coconut oil work much better.

PG and VG are both antibacterial and will help more than not, the flavorings though, might cause an allergic reaction. I started vaping a few weeks ago, not to quit analogs as I've been off those for over 4 years now but to medicate with nicotine, VG and PG. In that short amount of time I have not noticed any decrease in lung function and I'm really enjoying the new hobby, lol. :vapor:

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
At 6 weeks off analogs and vaping. A few days ago I noticed a little conjestion in my chest with a slight cough here and there, nothing coming up yet. I was a smoker for over 30 years and vaping has helped me quit that nasty habit. Wondering if the feeling of conjestion is from vaping or from the lungs starting to repair and expel the tar from smoking. I vape with AG/VG with a AG nicotine. I don't want vaping to be long term, just a pathway from one point to the end of it all thru nicotine reduction. Not sure how long that will take, but I'm at 12 now on nic.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Yes it does cause phlegm. I've been vaping for 4+ years and seriously considering quitting now. I started getting this heaviness in my lungs (almost the same feeling when I was a smoker), especially in the mornings and I've been having some breathing problems and anxiety attacks. It's not easy to quit these too, trust me. I'd like to get a lung scan when I quit just to see the damage.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Is it possible that some of you are over vaping and why your having some negative side effects? it's just soo easy to do and not realize it.

My pulmonary doctor supports vaping as a healthier alternative to smoking as long as inhaling is avoided as well as VG, and vaping is only used to avoid picking up a cig and not a all day event. Anything past that i was told is going to create a whole new set of respiratory problems that have been on the rise in the past couple of years that has been linked to high VG use and those who misuse and over use vaping devices. My doctor said he and his colleagues have been seeing a spike in patients old and young with or without respiratory problems coming to their office that are now having respiratory problems as a direct result of years of misuse or over use of vaping devices. However, he is seeing exceptional benefits from patients who use these devices within appropriate guidelines and fully supports vaping under those conditions.

So I don't inhaled and try to be conscious of how much i am vaping. VG juice is just too heavy for my lungs so that was already a no no from the get go. The reason i was already not inhaling was because after a day or so of inhaling my lungs were bothering me..but stopped once i stopped inhaling the vapor into my lungs. Also, i was noticing a clear sticky film on my car window that i blow vape out of. Something just sent up red flags for me that i need to be cool with how much vape i am putting in my lungs, especially VG. I think, as does my doctor, that vaping over all is pretty safe, certainly hands down compared to cigs, but like anything if you over do it there is going to be problems...and i think that is the message my doctor was trying to get across in pointing out the differences in where the problems are arising and where they are not in those who vape.

This works for ME and makes me feel comfortable and confident that i am vaping in the safest way possible for MY peace of mind and comfort zone...so i am going to continue to enjoy vaping while also taking my doctors advice.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Is it possible that some of you are over vaping and why your having some negative side effects? it's just soo easy to do and not realize it.

My pulmonary doctor supports vaping as a healthier alternative to smoking as long as inhaling is avoided as well as VG, and vaping is only used to avoid picking up a cig and not a all day event. Anything past that i was told is going to create a whole new set of respiratory problems that have been on the rise in the past couple of years that has been linked to high VG use and those who misuse and over use vaping devices. My doctor said he and his colleagues have been seeing a spike in patients old and young with or without respiratory problems coming to their office that are now having respiratory problems as a direct result of years of misuse or over use of vaping devices. However, he is seeing exceptional benefits from patients who use these devices within appropriate guidelines and fully supports vaping under those conditions.

So I don't inhaled and try to be conscious of how much i am vaping. VG juice is just too heavy for my lungs so that was already a no no from the get go. The reason i was already not inhaling was because after a day or so of inhaling my lungs were bothering me..but stopped once i stopped inhaling the vapor into my lungs. Also, i was noticing a clear sticky film on my car window that i blow vape out of. Something just sent up red flags for me that i need to be cool with how much vape i am putting in my lungs, especially VG. I think, as does my doctor, that vaping over all is pretty safe, certainly hands down compared to cigs, but like anything if you over do it there is going to be problems...and i think that is the message my doctor was trying to get across in pointing out the differences in where the problems are arising and where they are not in those who vape.

This works for ME and makes me feel comfortable and confident that i am vaping in the safest way possible for MY peace of mind and comfort zone...so i am going to continue to enjoy vaping while also taking my doctors advice.

Whatever works for you, by all means, do it. :) But I would like to see any studies related to an increase in respiratory problems with people who vape. And what determines over vaping? Your story is anecdotal, and that's fine, but it doesn't present as fact. And facts are what we all seek when determining the safety of vaping.

VG is thicker and a lot of people can't vape with it. Some get a heaviness in their chest. I have been vaping for 6 years, and my doctor is extremely pleased with my lungs and breathing. And I am an all day vaper.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Whatever works for you, by all means, do it. :) But I would like to see any studies related to an increase in respiratory problems with people who vape. And what determines over vaping? Your story is anecdotal, and that's fine, but it doesn't present as fact. And facts are what we all seek when determining the safety of vaping.

VG is thicker and a lot of people can't vape with it. Some get a heaviness in their chest. I have been vaping for 6 years, and my doctor is extremely pleased with my lungs and breathing. And I am an all day vaper.

Everyone has to make their own decisions about how they vape, i was merely sharing my reasons for why i vape the way i do...thought i made that pretty clear. If you are looking for published research then you should be googling, not accusing my post of being something it was clearly never intended to serve or be...i was merely sharing MY OWN REASONS for why "I" vape the way "I" do.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Everyone has to make their own decisions about how they vape, i was merely sharing my reasons for why i vape the way i do...thought i made that pretty clear. If you are looking for published research then you should be googling, not accusing my post of being something it was clearly never intended to serve or be...i was merely sharing MY OWN REASONS for why "I" vape the way "I" do.

No problem. When you present something that one doctor says, it can scare people needlessly. That's why it's always a good idea to research before you post. Just a suggestion. I see you are new here. I apologize if you feel offended. Solid scientific studies are what the vaping community needs. I told you that if it works for you, by all means, keep doing what you are doing. But there is no need to scare people based on what one doctor says.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
No problem. When you present something that one doctor says, it can scare people needlessly. That's why it's always a good idea to research before you post. Just a suggestion. I see you are new here. I apologize if you feel offended. Solid scientific studies are what the vaping community needs. I told you that if it works for you, by all means, keep doing what you are doing. But there is no need to scare people based on what one doctor says.

My reasons for vaping the way i do does include feedback from MY doctor...who just so happens to support vaping, but with caution of moderation. I apologize if you took my post wrong, but i just don't see how my post would scare anyone? If someone comes on here and says my doctor says my lungs are in great shape due to vaping, does that mean i believe that vaping poses absolutely no harm to my lungs and that there are no other factors such as over use where vaping could? No, i go and do my own research and talk to my own pulmonary doctor about the "claimed" benefits or "claimed" risk of vaping. Again, i apologize that my post upset you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread