Does vapor leave a film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UglyOldFatGuy66

Oct 17, 2018
Hi,
I am new to vaping as a way to quit cigarettes and really enjoy it and, also, learning about the different nicotine percentages, flavors, devices, etc. When I smoked, my windshield had the film which was a bear to clean. Since I started vaping, there is a film on the windshield, but it is much easier to clean than the cigarette film. Does vapor leave film on glass?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
I am new to vaping as a way to quit cigarettes and really enjoy it and, also, learning about the different nicotine percentages, flavors, devices, etc. When I smoked, my windshield had the film which was a bear to clean. Since I started vaping, there is a film on the windshield, but it is much easier to clean than the cigarette film. Does vapor leave film on glass?
Hi and welcome,
Tobacco smoke leaves TAR on surfaces.
Vaping leaves a PG/VG residue that comes off easily with soap and water.
Cheers
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi and welcome,
Tobacco smoke leaves TAR on surfaces.
Vaping leaves a PG/VG residue that comes off easily with soap and water.
Cheers
I
There’s also a lot less of it. I’ve heard foaming autoglass cleaner recommended. If you got window tints you might have issues. I’m assuming you’re cracking a window, yes? That drops the buildup down a whole lot.

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
There does tend to be a slight bit of film. I dont even notice it until the weather gets cold here. Water condensation/fog seems to be attracted to the vg film. I just cleaned my windows the other day. Foaming glass cleaner does wonders. Soap and water with a windex or alcohol to remove streaks and soap works well too.

• Informative
Reactions: Diver9543

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I have to agree with others on the vaping residue. It is minor and doesn't collect as quick as cigarette residue. I have not used any kind of commercial glass cleaner for quite a while. I use 1/2 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap in a gallon of hot water. It easily cleans the residue. I also use the same mixture when I clean the windows in my house. I use a couple of my white cotton shop towels. Don't use any kind of towel that was washed with a fabric softener as they will really streak the glass. Oh, hello and welcome to the forum.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi,
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to study:
I will NEVER vape in my car again (probably...maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread