does vg hurt your stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
I have been vaping for over 12 years ive been making my own for a long time and never had problems. I use food grade usp kosher vg i think it's usually 99.9 or a point or two less, I .ight have bought the 99.7 I really don't remember I bought it from liquid barn last time. I got sick with diverticulitis and was in the hospital 22 days on and off within a month and a half and I developed gastritis my stomach hurt and is sensitive, I noticed it bothered me when I vaped, so I have been vaping pure VG and it seemed better. My stomach was still sensitive but my colon was severe and connected to the stomach and I have two small goll stones. I just had colon resection surgery today and the had to cut out a few different things from three different incisions so I would expect it to be sensitive still but I'm scared because I'm seeing articles that say ecig vapor compromises the stomach lining, even nic free but I bet it is the pg but that's a guess and if I knew it was safe I'd vape it but I hit it once and said I better look this is and seen all the articles. Is VG vapor do the same thing to your stomach? Keep in mind my stomach didn't get all the way better and improved aft a ton of oral antibiotics I could just tell at least the nic was bothering me and I did learn you were supposed to not have VG with one of my iv antibiotics and the didn't tell me, told me no alcohol. Sorry such the long post but I don't want to mess up such a serious surgery or be nauseous ever day. If you made it this far thanks lol.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Although you might be allergic to the new VG, especially if it is made of soy, rather than palm or coconut, it could also be the nicotine causing your problems. Nicotine relaxes the sphincter from the esophagus to the stomach, allowing acid reflux. Nicotine also decreases saliva production. Saliva can help neutralize stomach acid and decrease saliva can prevent the acid from being washed down and diluted. There's a couple of things you can try.

Do a skin test with the VG. Rub a small amount on your skin and see if you develop a rash in that spot. The absence of a rash, does not eliminate allergy, but the presence would confirm it.

Secondly, try 0mg nicotine. You may have to give this some time to allow any current gastritis to heal. Acid blockers could help.

These suggestions apply mainly to gastritis and stomach issues. The colitis is less clear. I suppose if you were allergic and also inadentantly taking in your juice orally while vaping, it's possible. That's just a theory, though. I think if you were allergic, then you would also be having breathing problems or a chronic cough.

If you feel you are allergic to some brands of VG, but not others, then determine the vegetable source of what you are allergic. I suggested soy, because that is the most allergenic, but it is possible that you could be allergic to some other type, like palm or coconut.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...I don't want to mess up such a serious surgery or be nauseous ever day.

Understandable, which is why you should only ask your doctors/surgeons such questions. It truly is pointless asking us or even looking for info on Google, and could even prove to be dangerous. I can tell you from experience that "the "authority sites" that google loves to index and rank high are just about as clueless as you an I are when it comes to medical misinformation.

Reactions: GeorgeS
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread