Upset Stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
Hey all! I have been vaping for about 7 years now. Up until 4 months ago, I had always been vaping 36mg VG juice, with no issues. On my last order, I bought 18mg VG liquid due to the fact that I started using a RBA where I direct inhale as it burned a bit too much with the 36mg.

Everything has been fine for the past 3 months, but now, I am noticing that after a few hits, my stomach is getting upset. No pain, just feel like I am going to hurl.

Does this sound like nic overload, or maybe something else?

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Hey all! I have been vaping for about 7 years now. Up until 4 months ago, I had always been vaping 36mg VG juice, with no issues. On my last order, I bought 18mg VG liquid due to the fact that I started using a RBA where I direct inhale as it burned a bit too much with the 36mg.

Everything has been fine for the past 3 months, but now, I am noticing that after a few hits, my stomach is getting upset. No pain, just feel like I am going to hurl.

I am thinking it's just nic overload. But I have heard of people getting upset stomach from certain juices, did you just change nic level or flavor as well?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
OTC Prilosec
Take once daily for 3-4 days. If Pain is relieved, Speak to your Dr about possible Acid Reflux.
Easy to misunderstand, but can turn into a serious problem if not properly treated.

* I'd probably back the nic % down a bit also, though most should NOT be visiting the stomach.

Reactions: ImThatGuy

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
I can +1 for nicotine overdose. I found back when I was first vaping I'd get an upset stomach because I was vaping high pg with 18mg nic. Problem is I am a chain vaper so I cut it down to 12. Then 6. Right now I'm somewhere between 3 and 6, cutting it just right.

If you're using an rda you'll definitely want to cut down the nic a lot. 3 or 6 more likely.

Also note: something I heard is that dual coils will double your nicotine levels. I'm not too sure on that though. I even find 6mg too strong in my Sapor, where it's just right in my clearo.

Reactions: Yiana

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nic consumption is dictated as much by the person as the device.
Yes, increasing performance/efficiency more is delivered in less time., None the less, someone used to Vaping 18mg in a High performance tank may have no problem using 9mg in an RDA.

Op says - 7 year Vaper
after a few hits - to symptom exposure

Do not confuse personal use with another persons acceptable consumption.
While 18mg is strong for some, a Drop from 36mg to 18mg is huge.

Op Can you enlighten us as to what you upgrades from and your Vaping habits then/now?

Reactions: KentA

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

The reason is probably because you are not paying attention to wattage.

take the 36mg and multiply by the wattage you used it at, and use that figure as your baseline.

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
Nic consumption is dictated as much by the person as the device
Yes, increasing performance/efficiency more is delivered in less time., None the less, someone used to Vaping 18mg in a High performance tank may have no problem using 9mg in an RDA.

Op says - 7 year Vaper
after a few hits - to symptom exposure

Do not confuse personal use with another persons acceptable consumption.
While 18mg is strong for some, a Drop from 36mg to 18mg is huge.

Op Can you enlighten us as to what you upgrades from and your Vaping habits then/now?

While I understand that every person is different, and yes, 18 from 32 is a big drop, he is still getting a lot of nicotine, especially in a direct intake device such as an rda.

My main concern is *large amounts* of nicotine can damage your stomach lining over time and cause acid reflux, or worse an ulcer. Rdas seem to multiply that factor

It is also possible that op is allergic to something in the liquid he is *vaping. Perhaps a new flavor?

Bottom line is I'm no where close to being a doctor, so I suggest Op sees one if his condition worsens.

Last edited:

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
No change in anything for the past 3 months. Using the same flavor for the past year, just lowered the nic 3-6 months ago. I just ordered 9mg to see how that goes. I have also been using my Kayfun V4 more than the RBA for about 4 weeks. I would think that would not be as intense as using the RBA... I guess I'll have to see how I feel when I get my delivery next week.

I never knew that nicotine could deteriorate the lining int he stomach. I would hate to think that I am going from destroying my lungs to tearing up my stomach.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
No change in anything for the past 3 months. Using the same flavor for the past year, just lowered the nic 3-6 months ago. I just ordered 9mg to see how that goes. I have also been using my Kayfun V4 more than the RBA for about 4 weeks. I would think that would not be as intense as using the RBA... I guess I'll have to see how I feel when I get my delivery next week.

I never knew that nicotine could deteriorate the lining int he stomach. I would hate to think that I am going from destroying my lungs to tearing up my stomach.

So...
What wattage have you been vaping at for the last 7 years?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

I would not read to much into that.
Stomach disorders can come from many things and crop up with no notable change in consumption. Age/Lite time eating/drinking habits/Stress/etc.
A Dr. is best for making sound determination and if needed, treatment. :cool:

We are just concerned community members with little medical knowledge. :oops:

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
Agreed - I am not looking for medical advice. I did see my doctor about this, and he is treating me for Gastritis.
For the wattage question, I have been using the same coil (.35 ohm) on my RTA for quite a while. In the beginning, I was changing out my wicks ever few days (using JOC), then moved to Rayon, and noticed I could go a bit longer. Last night I changed my wick out for the first time in 2 weeks, and I immediately noticed my stomach not being as upset aster a few pulls. Perhaps this issue was due to a crudded up wick. Not 100% sue, but the timing was really coincidental. I'll report back in a week and let you guys know if anything has changed, but last night/today is the first time in a couple weeks that I was not nauseous.

Reactions: CanadiVape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread