Dog troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
My dog starting having problems walking. He was just out in back about an hour and suddenly came back home unable to walk. (Go figure that one out.) He's an old dog, so I figured it was about that time, as it goes.

Nope. I learned that he got hit by a car. They actually apologized, but honestly, the dog had no reason to be that far out. (This is a rural area, and my place is fenced in, but the dog goes over or under it.)

I kept him warm, well fed and watched like a hawk. He's doing great! Happy, bouncing around like a puppy again. Not 100% perfect, but doing very well. I'm happy!

I'm just happy my doggie of 11.5 years isn't suffering from arthritis and stuff and was only hit by a car.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm glad your pooch is okay. YAY for bouncy pooches, well, except our family's first dog. I don't know why she was the way she was (she did get into some chocolate as a puppy but also, just seemed to have a zany impulsive streak) but she managed to completely ruin her hips by jumping off a 3 foot ledge after a rabbit. Well, that kind of behavior is fine when you are young, but she landed (SPLAT) instead of bounce and her hips were never right after that. We tried some things but she was so elderly, we eventually had to have her put down, as she was the type of dog who was totally NOT okay with self-injuring herself over and over.... A sad day in our household.

Well, she did survive chocolate dosage, 3 rattlesnake bites (ploughing through a cactus in search of a pig (spines--- in the roof of her mouth and down her throat and everywhere else) and she was just kind of the spirit of reckless enthusiasm for life, what a great dog she was I still miss her.

Best of luck to your puppy 90VG. Glad you have a reprieve.

Anna

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
I think it was September, he "Gougon" tore the screen out of the second-floor window and jumped out. I wasn't home, but on the way home I stopped at the general store and I heard someone across the street at the bar yell, "Is this your dog?" Yep, he jumped out the window and went to the bar, 1.5 miles away along a 70 mph speed limit road.

I understand dog craziness, 11 years of it, and I hope I get more. I'm sorry you lost yours Anna.

90VG

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2016
5000' in Nevada
Would you jump out this window? Because that's the window he chose.

IMAG0316.jpg

l6GO775qpo23GVMkNsu_UPb3hxxvEZRGuYuSf5XL4ceSZ70nOeHa8qB9k4zcFsTFLFdg_JgA4VDuR7s=w1919-h961-rw

• Winner
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hehehe I am glad your dog never met my dog and for spay and neuter.... The puppies would have been outstanding. We did not neuter her right away (she was such a great dog we were considering puppies for a while. One time, my husband hooked her up outside (she was really into watching stuff go by ) but I was like AKKK when I heard about it) and the neighbor's unsprayed dog broke free of HIS leash and paid her a "visit." We were able to separate them in time and all, but I'm betting THOSE puppies would have been a lot of fun. At the time? I was like, "She's getting spayed, husband, if you are going to TIE HER UP outside in the front yard, that's just ASKING for trouble," (still don't know what he was thinking.)

My dog would have leaped out of that window too... She loved snow, and playing "fetch" with snowballs. Every now and then she'd get super excited and crunch one up, then look mournful.

The funny thing is I was not a dog person until the kid, and I was like, "Every only child needs a dog," so I was a reluctant allower of it.... I used to be a cat person, and then I got to encounter dogs. Now I see cats more as fluffy pieces of furniture...which, well since I got allergic to them in my teens, just as well. :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
He looks a lot like my kiddo's dog, who is also a magnificent piece of dog treasure. She and I get along (we both share a love of cigarettes, or did) we both adore my kiddo, and we both turn feral at the drop of a hat. She's actually my favorite "family" dog to date, and we've had a lot of good ones (usually strays and rescues and whatnot). I mainly adore her because she is fiercely loyal and (controllably) savage, and just cool all around. I always have to make sure not to love on her too much, as she really is the kiddo's dog.... But every time I show up, she licks all over my face, sneezes in my ear, and climbs all over me. Then goes and sits mournfully by the Arizona room door thinking "Why won't you smoke with me anymore?"
Who can't love that? Don't let her looks fool you, though...

My son adopted her she was a homeless person's dog and wound up in a shelter. He's so good with animals she has de-savaged greatly since his adoption (I still always go with them to the vet, I really don't want to lose her if she savages someone).

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread