Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy,

I was thinking which often times is typically of work or what creditors do I owe today however not feeling all that great to a sinus infection lead me to look back, or rather down to what my blessings are.

I have the pleasure of sharing my life with 2 dogs, even though at times it would seem to the outside world a burden of having to walk them no matter the weather what is given in return of unconditional love well beyond makes up for this. More often then not they are the anchor point in my life that remains a constant source of giving without expecting in return. Don't get me wrong I'm no crazy dog person and I don't believe in having any more animals in your life then your able to physically and monetarily able to care for and I volunteer at my local animal shelter to try to spread that message as well.

Both mine are rescues, if you were wondering.

Jazmin is a 6 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi that came from a puppy mill, she was 6 months old and the last of her litter. I found her by accident and didn't know that by doing so would start an investigation that would save a lot of lives. She was covered in fleas and ticks from head to toe, anemic from the blood loss and in pretty bad shape overall. After dealing with that issue we then found out that she had Parvo on top of that, so again through the suffering we went. She fought and overcame it all, now a dedicated "Daddy's Girl" she lives very well and happily in my life. Her pastimes are fetching and talking back to me on a regular basis.

Joey is an 11 month old Border-Aussie mix pup, His story isn't as drastic as Jazmin's. He is the after effects of a late night romance on a puppy farm, since the folks were reputable breeders there was no issues with his care, from what the shelter can tell he had all his shots and was well cared for at 8 weeks when he was turned in to the local pound. I found him by accident and fell in love at first sight, Jazmin had been displaying traits of boredom and loneliness lately so decided this was a good idea (she loves puppies). He now romps around my house boundless energy and free spirit as can be, he loves face licks and annoying Jazmin when possible.

Anyways, this thread was started to share your stories and or dogs, what do they do to light up your life in its darkest moments. What kind of funny traits to they have or those quarks that just make no sense. If you are looking to get a dog I'm sure that could post that here as well and it will be answered as truthfully as possible. For those that have lost a four legged friend in your life I offer my condolences, if you wish to post that as well I'll happy offer a kind ear to listen.

WHEN TOMORROW STARTS WITHOUT ME
Author Unknown

When tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see;
The sun will rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
Remembering how I'd lay my head
In your lap that special way.
I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.

But when tomorrow starts without me.
Please try to understand,
That an angel came and called my name
And petted me with her hand.
She said my place was ready,
In Heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.
But, as I turned to heel away,
A tear fell from my eye,
For all my life I never thought
That I would have to die.

I had so much to live for,
So many sits and downs to do,
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.
I thought about our lives together,
I know you must be sad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.
Remember how I'd nudge your hand,
And poke you with my nose?
The Frisbee I would gladly chase,
The bad guy, I'd "bark and hold".

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for awhile,
I'd wag my tail and kiss you,
Just so I could see you smile.
But, then I fully realized,
That this could never be;
For emptiness and memories
Will take the place of me.
And when I thought of treats and toys,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you and when I did,
My dog-heart filled with sorrow.

But then I walked through Heaven's gate,
And felt so much at home;
As God looked down and smiled at me,
From His beautiful golden throne.

He said, "This is eternity,
And now we welcome you,
Today your life on earth is past,
But here it starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last;
For you see, each day's the same day,
There's no longing for the past.
Now you have been so faithful,
So trusting, loyal and true;
Though there were times you did things,
You knew you shouldn't do.
But good dogs are forgiven,
And now at last you're free;
So won't you sit here by my side,
And wait right here with me?"

So when tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right there, in your heart.​

The love of a dog is without compare, it is unconditional beyond anything that words can describe. Thank you again and hope to hear your stories..

Last edited:

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
My Austrailian Cattle dog/Heeler mix is a rescue from Hawaii, He is an absolute spastic joy in my life.
20141101_154331.jpg

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
When I still in grade school we got a dog. It was a loveable , black and orange, really friendly mutt . Sadly it got hit by a car after only 3 years. Later I didn't want to have a dog , because pets grow on you and become a part of the family . Now however , since I moved with my gf, we've taken a golden retriever called officially: Pat (but he also knows that his real name is Pirate). And despite some heart aching moments (when he ate a bee) , it's been amazing. I really can't imagine going home without the fur ball waiting for me to take him for a walk.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
@BlkWolfMidnight Thank you for posting that poem. I plan to copy it, but change "frisbee" to "tennis ball".

I put my baby to sleep today, and we buried him in a homemade coffin under a tree. I am inconsolable. I keep trying to find something to do so I will stop crying. I don't know what made me cruise the lounge - other than I was thinking I needed to find something less serious than the usual topics. Then I saw this thread. Maybe it was meant to be.

Otis was a 9-1/2 year old miniature dachshund. We got him when he was 6 weeks old - he was so tiny! And so frisky, yet so sweet. He had been not well for several months - late stage cushings disease. We knew today was coming, but that just seemed to make it harder. I knew this was going to be hard, but I had no idea it would be this bad.

We have another dachshund, she's a few years older. So far she is handling this a lot better than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread