Doin' up the Zero Nic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I am very curious..

I know there are a few members here, using zero nic in their juice..

how is it?

what are your steps?

how long have you been on zero nic?

do you double up on flavors?

do you use more pg?

Really, I would love to know, as I am looking to see how it will be without nic.. and yes, I know, I could try it out.. I think I will.. one of these days, when I am brave enough.. for now, I am just curious :)

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I've recently started doing zero nic at night since my insomnia's bad enough without additional stimulants. The flavor comes through fine and a spicier type of flavor like cinnamon or peppermint will still give you the throat hit. The problem I'm having right now is just with the consistency since I normally do a 70/30 mix but the only PG I have is in my nic base. I can never get the right amount of water for 100% VG

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
A lot of people, when they start winding down get their flavor at normal strength and zero strength. If you have 18mg and 0 mg and mix them 50/50 you will have 9mg juice. If you mix the 9mg and 0mg 50/50 you will have 4.5mg juice..... It allows you flexibility and it also allows you to have some full strength juice on hand in case you really need it. The nice thing is the flavor stays the same and only the nic and maybe TH change.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I lost my addiction to nicotine over two years ago now. I was in the process of stepping down the nic amount I used and was using zero sometimes but wasn't in a hurry to get to all no nic when I got strep throat and couldn't vape juice with nic for a few days. It was during that time I realized that I was no longer addicted to nic.

My stepping down process had been to introduce a lower level nic juice into each day a bit more each day while still spending part of the day used my normal at the time mg juice. About two weeks after introducing the lower level I found that lower mg level had become my NEW normal mg amount. :) After sticking with that level all day for a week or two I started the process all over again to introduce a lower level. IF I was hit with a rare occasional overwhelming desire for nic I never hesitated to pull out some higher then normal nic and use it for a few minutes before going back to my lower level.

I don't use more flavoring with no nic then with nic nor did I change my pg/vg ratio. The biggest problem most people have with zero nic juice is the lack of throat hit.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I started at 18mg, quickly went to 12mg, vaped 6mg for a long time, and now alternate between 6mg and 0mg. The only difficult step was going to 0mg. For me, changing juice delivery systems made the biggest difference. 0mg generally left me unsatisfied with a cartomizer or clearomizer. Using an RDA or direct dripping atomizer makes it much more enjoyable. Using a dual-coil RDA with 0mg is a pretty good experience. Naturally, ymmv.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
When that was my goal I started at 11mg. Once I was over the initial chain vaping from stopping smoking I cut that 50/50 with 0mg (for 5.5mg). My vaping intake went back to chain vaping. Once the chain vaping slacked off I started only using 5.5mg when I needed it and 0mg the rest of the time. I carried multiple eGo-Cs loaded with each.

That was as far as I got, I was at a mix of 5.5mg and 0mg for a few months. I think during the month I was diagnosed with Crohn's I was only using the 5.5mg in the morning. It was a short month and a stressful diagnosis so I wasn't able to simply drop to 0mg like the doctor wanted. Then they changed me to UC and the no nicotine plan ended.

0mg lacks throat hit but I got used to it. The first time I tried it it felt like I got nothing. I mostly used a super menthol/mint.

I can't use PG.

If 50/50 drops are too much for you cut it slower.
For me, once I was over the smoke I don't think dropping to 0mg would be a problem as far as withdrawal goes.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I've recently started doing zero nic at night since my insomnia's bad enough without additional stimulants. The flavor comes through fine and a spicier type of flavor like cinnamon or peppermint will still give you the throat hit. The problem I'm having right now is just with the consistency since I normally do a 70/30 mix but the only PG I have is in my nic base. I can never get the right amount of water for 100% VG

Keep this up to date?? would love to see how you eel once you can get there :)

A lot of people, when they start winding down get their flavor at normal strength and zero strength. If you have 18mg and 0 mg and mix them 50/50 you will have 9mg juice. If you mix the 9mg and 0mg 50/50 you will have 4.5mg juice..... It allows you flexibility and it also allows you to have some full strength juice on hand in case you really need it. The nice thing is the flavor stays the same and only the nic and maybe TH change.

I do make my own juice, I have the nic and all.. 16 flavors now. Personally, it isn't about the throat hit, as every body calls it, that does it for me.. it's the vapor. I have to admit, I am a vapor.. love it!! I get so jealous when I see those plumes of vape lmao.. :blush:

I started at 18mg, quickly went to 12mg, vaped 6mg for a long time, and now alternate between 6mg and 0mg. The only difficult step was going to 0mg. For me, changing juice delivery systems made the biggest difference. 0mg generally left me unsatisfied with a cartomizer or clearomizer. Using an RDA or direct dripping atomizer makes it much more enjoyable. Using a dual-coil RDA with 0mg is a pretty good experience. Naturally, ymmv.

I have a genetic rda dripper.. and then I have my kanger horizontals, I love!!! <3

like I said... recently, I went from 18 to 10.. not that big of a notice, I found.. then again, could just be me.. I might stay here at 10mg for now.. and give it a week or 2.. but I really want to try the zero nic..

So for sure, no extra flavorings?? just checking.. and if I can do this, will be so proud of me.. will I up my nic again?? not sure.. but I do plan on keeping a few bottles around, for just in case. I do not plan to go back to smoking, ever again..

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
When that was my goal I started at 11mg. Once I was over the initial chain vaping from stopping smoking I cut that 50/50 with 0mg (for 5.5mg). My vaping intake went back to chain vaping. Once the chain vaping slacked off I started only using 5.5mg when I needed it and 0mg the rest of the time. I carried multiple eGo-Cs loaded with each.

That was as far as I got, I was at a mix of 5.5mg and 0mg for a few months. I think during the month I was diagnosed with Crohn's I was only using the 5.5mg in the morning. It was a short month and a stressful diagnosis so I wasn't able to simply drop to 0mg like the doctor wanted. Then they changed me to UC and the no nicotine plan ended.

0mg lacks throat hit but I got used to it. The first time I tried it it felt like I got nothing. I mostly used a super menthol/mint.

I can't use PG.

If 50/50 drops are too much for you cut it slower.
For me, once I was over the smoke I don't think dropping to 0mg would be a problem as far as withdrawal goes.

Not sure I understand "Then they changed me to UC" bit.. ?? but yes pretty much either drop it by 2mg each time, or cut what the amount is in half..

my questions is mainly for zero nic users.. how long has it been?? do you get any more urges for nic after the zero amount..

I got on the flavors, think I understand that bit now.. but just wondering.. :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Not sure I understand "Then they changed me to UC" bit.. ?? but yes pretty much either drop it by 2mg each time, or cut what the amount is in half..

my questions is mainly for zero nic users.. how long has it been?? do you get any more urges for nic after the zero amount..

I got on the flavors, think I understand that bit now.. but just wondering.. :)

Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Nicotine is bad for Crohn's Disease (CD), but good for Ulcerative Colitis (UC). I've got Ulcerative Colitis. I was in a flare thinking I may be working on colon cancer which probably helped me get back into vaping. As I cut nicotine the flare/bleeding got worse and I was convinced I quit smoking too late. After getting the UC diagnosis doctors said I had no reason to avoid nicotine and it may help.
(I thought you had heard my story of having a medical need for nicotine so I was sparing you hearing it again.)

I really didn't think 0mg was that bad. Mornings were my hard time giving up cigarettes and my hard time using 0mg. Other than that not a problem. Although my sleep habits were worse with 0mg before bed.
If it wasn't for UC I'm sure I'd be 100% 0mg by now.

When 0mg was my goal it was also my plan to keep some nicotine liquid around for that time when I wanted back on cigarettes so I wouldn't go back to cigarettes (again).

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
In case you didn't know, more ideas here -- Zero Nicotine Vaping and Quitting Vaping

Not looking to give up vaping at this time, and only wanted people with opinions on zero nic vaping..

Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Nicotine is bad for Crohn's Disease (CD), but good for Ulcerative Colitis (UC). I've got Ulcerative Colitis. I was in a flare thinking I may be working on colon cancer which probably helped me get back into vaping. As I cut nicotine the flare/bleeding got worse and I was convinced I quit smoking too late. After getting the UC diagnosis doctors said I had no reason to avoid nicotine and it may help.
(I thought you had heard my story of having a medical need for nicotine so I was sparing you hearing it again.)

I really didn't think 0mg was that bad. Mornings were my hard time giving up cigarettes and my hard time using 0mg. Other than that not a problem. Although my sleep habits were worse with 0mg before bed.
If it wasn't for UC I'm sure I'd be 100% 0mg by now.

When 0mg was my goal it was also my plan to keep some nicotine liquid around for that time when I wanted back on cigarettes so I wouldn't go back to cigarettes (again).

didn't know your story, Myk.. curious as to where you are at now.. (level of nic) ;)

Since you're doing the DIY, when you cut your strength you can carry some nic base to spike it with when you want an extra hit. I know I've done that a time or two when I dropped too quickly. 30mg to 20 was too much too fast.

Thanks Crash and degnr8!! I think that is what I might do, is to whip up something terrific.. and do it in both 10mg and zero mg.. I find myself reaching for my "gizmo" as I nicknamed my gadget!! haha!!

Hopefully a few more people can say what their experiences are with this and how long they keep up with it.. :)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
didn't know your story, Myk.. curious as to where you are at now.. (level of nic) ;)

18mg
I figured the bleeding was getting worse as soon as I started vaping 11mg so 18mg being too much when I started was probably because I was chain vaping to stay off cigarettes.
18mg seems pretty much like it was when I was smoking, a few puffs here and there and I'm good to go. About 3 puffs of 18mg in the morning when I first switched was what it took to stop having my morning cigarette before I'd go to 11mg the rest of the day too.

I haven't tried 0mg since going to 18mg but I wouldn't doubt if I could be there in a month now if they change my diagnosis to Crohn's. I've had old 11mg to use it up and haven't noticed any desires to chain vape so I bet weaning off this far from smoking would be very quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread