Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyjacobs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Minneapolis
re: Bonuts.

I just swung into a tobacco shop on my way into work, they had SS screens 6 for $1. Rolled up two this morning, stuffed em in, but it gave me too hard of a drag. Pulled one out so only one is in there now. Works great. Vaped all lunch hour with only one stop to drip in a bunch of drops. I couldn't tell the difference between vaping with and without a bonut, except it lasts longer with the bonut. There's hundreds of positive posts in the bonut thread Nate linked, so I wasn't doubting it'd work well, and it does. Until I build a bottom feeder, (which is now high on my list of priorities, along with building my own genesis atty), bonuts seem the way to go.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not yet, but I did read through the entire thread... Plan on trying it out as soon as I find a local source for the screens.
I'm reading through the thread now, and will probably be ordering some of those screens.

Wow, I haven't "modded" anything at all for a few years now!
I really thought my "modding" days were over with.

So I guess this is a cross between a cartridge mod and an atomizer mod.
Now I'm really going to be stepping up into the big leagues!
:lol:

SubOnAux24

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Valley of the Sun
I am a "dripper' with an atty exclusively. You just cannot get that kind of hit from a carto. And i found the Gotvapes pumpcart which makes it even EASIER to drip since the cart does the dripping for you. No more drip a few drops every few minutes. This pumpcart is more of a tank than a cartridge, gravity fed to the atty with a push button. I HAVE found the Holy Grail for my dripping. I have heard some have leakage problems or inconsistency, I have had neither. You must be smarter than the cart and all is fantastic. Just don't give up too quickly on it. It can be a little glitchy at first until you get the hang. You drippers should check it out.
Vape On ! :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I use one bonut in a joye 510 atty that hasn't been debridged or dewicked. I just roll it up, tuck it in about an eighth of an inch below the bridge. Holds six or seven drops and seems to work equally well with 80/20 or 50/50 juices (pg/vg).
Any particular reason you just use one bonut?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
This is one of the reasons I consider myself to be a 'variety vaper'. I use not just a bunch of different PVs and juice flavors, but also a bunch of different cartos and attys. I'm fond of different devices for different reasons... yesterday, I spent most of the day with a 1.8 ohm boge carto on a rough stack, but today I spent almost all day with a 306 on my reo.

I use LR 1.8 and 2.0 ohm 510's, HV 510's (3.2 ohms), 1.5, 1.8, and 2.0 ohm 306's. I tend to enjoy the vape more from my 306's, but they can be a little messy. So, I think I use the 510's the most often. - I finally got around to getting an hh357. It came in the mail today. I'm looking forward to checking that out - the best of both worlds, 306 guts in a 510 shell so it will produce a lot of nice flavorful vapor while not being so messy.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Any particular reason you just use one bonut?

Mostly space. If you take out the bridge you can get three bonuts in, but there's not much room at the top for your mouth piece. Also there's an increased risk of a stray 'whisker' contacting the coil and killing your atty. By leaving the bridge in, I save myself the trouble of debridging plus the bridge protects the coil from the bonut. Debridged and with three bonuts, the atty holds about ten big drops. With the bridge and one bonut, about five big drops.

And partly taste. It might be my imagination, but I think I get a little bit of a flavor change with three bonuts. (My first try at using the bonuts was with a debridged atty with three bonuts.)

Also, with one bonut, you can still use a cart if you're so inclined. I never do anymore, but it will work.

If you do want to try them with a debridged atty, I highly recommend insulating the stainless mesh by heating and dipping in water--at least for the first one. Details are in the original bonut thread

JewelzBagz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
AZ
I am a "dripper' with an atty exclusively. You just cannot get that kind of hit from a carto. And i found the Gotvapes pumpcart which makes it even EASIER to drip since the cart does the dripping for you. No more drip a few drops every few minutes. This pumpcart is more of a tank than a cartridge, gravity fed to the atty with a push button. I HAVE found the Holy Grail for my dripping. I have heard some have leakage problems or inconsistency, I have had neither. You must be smarter than the cart and all is fantastic. Just don't give up too quickly on it. It can be a little glitchy at first until you get the hang. You drippers should check it out.
Vape On ! :)

I'm with you on that one-the pumpcarts are awesome! And while I agree that the flavor with the atty is incomparable, the darn things just don't last for me. From Nov-Dec I bought 17 attys-and have 4 left working. That's way too much breakdown. Many of them have died after 3 days. For the cost of 1 atty I can buy a 5 pack of cartos. I have started using kanger cartos and I am getting 2weeks per carto before needing a cleaning. Been using this 5 pack all month and haven't lost one yet. So I am forced to save my atty/pumpcart combo for the end of those really stressful days.....

I need to start attempting the atty rebuilding I've been putting off.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
........ From Nov-Dec I bought 17 attys-and have 4 left working. That's way too much breakdown. Many of them have died after 3 days. For the cost of 1 atty I can buy a 5 pack of cartos. .....I need to start attempting the atty rebuilding I've been putting off.

A few weeks back I picked up 10 two ohm attys at 35 dollars, including shipping. Huge mistake lol. They lasted from three to six days each, using joye ego and an e-power. This last order was from vaporkings, genuine Joye, and they seem to be doing much better. They're measuring around 2.4 ohms on my fluke, but performing quite well.

I think I'm going to try the rebuilding route also.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
I'm with you on that one-the pumpcarts are awesome! And while I agree that the flavor with the atty is incomparable, the darn things just don't last for me. From Nov-Dec I bought 17 attys-and have 4 left working. That's way too much breakdown. Many of them have died after 3 days. For the cost of 1 atty I can buy a 5 pack of cartos. I have started using kanger cartos and I am getting 2weeks per carto before needing a cleaning. Been using this 5 pack all month and haven't lost one yet. So I am forced to save my atty/pumpcart combo for the end of those really stressful days.....

I need to start attempting the atty rebuilding I've been putting off.

Time for cartos!!

I've been using the Joyes from vaporkings myself. Ordered 10 510LR and 10 510 SR from the bulk atomizer section, and not one DOA. Can't comment on longevity simply because none have died yet. I drip, but only to sample flavors. The rest of the time I have a Vapage VMod XL (which I absolutely love) for atties. I have a Diamond mod for cartos as well, since I appear to be not wired to have an all-day vape. I've found too many flavors I like and like to switch out a lot.

I noticed a couple of people in this thread talking about 100% VG in cartos. I've found 2 that seem to work pretty well with it, and don't die very fast: The Resurrectors from Crystal Clear Vaping, and the Bloog MaxxFusion cartos. Been using AVE liquids in them, including Boba's Bounty, which is a thick dark liquid..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread