The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dont you think that our forum-based experience is part of our vaping habits?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by revolver, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. revolver

revolver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    At least I DO consider that the online-sharing experience is a big part of our hobby. I would even go as far as to consider this part of the general vaping experience as such... Some sort of an enhancement; an extension of our puffing... There is even a "marriage", so to speak, between vaping and ECFing, right?

Just wondering if you saw this the way I do...

?

:p

2. dspin

dspin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    I'll agree, I spend way too much time here but find it not only informative but fun.

3. bjannr

bjannr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 23, 2010
    NE Pennsylvania
    It is like a family gathering without as much bickering.

4. KevNewEngland

KevNewEngland Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This place is great for a lot of reasons. So many good and helpful people who make the transition and vaping experience much easier. I especially like the legislation and media forums. Lots of good information there. (some of it can make you angry as well, when you begin to learn how corrupt various agencies really are)

5. CapableVapable

CapableVapable Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    U.S.
    Unless you go onto the back porch (OUTSIDE!).

6. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    Yes, it is for me a big part of the experience. I wonder about those who take up vaping and otherwise go about their lives without dwelling here. It seems that may be possible.

7. sam.8

sam.8 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I think a huge part of it as well is the fact that PV's are mostly and online world thing. So keeping up with people, models and tips here becomes natural.

8. Pav

Pav Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    Detroit Rock City
    It's an invaluable resource imo. A few smokers I know tried vaping and didn't take to it, and I think it's mostly because they just bought a cheap disposable from 7/11 or something, didn't think it worked too well (which of course it didn't) and just moved on (right back to smoking). I've tried clueing them in to better equipment and the learning process, etc, but they just don't seem to be stuck on their one bad experience.

9. Thank You

Thank You Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Orlando
    I'm new to the forum, but I'm hooked. Love it!

Thank You

10. GERGOZ

GERGOZ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2011
    McDonough, Ga

now, that depends on WHO you get on a thread with, lmao !

hey, nothing but love for yall !

gervis

oh, and YES, i am a heavy vapist and i think i am on here more than i vape, lol

11. Levitas

Levitas Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2011
    Saint Louis
    This is why I became a supporting member. If I've never found this place, I'd surely be smoking. I think complete smoke cessation, followed by unlimited social and technical support is definitely worth $24 ;)

12. DaDoc

DaDoc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2011
    new york
    i spend way mor time then i should reading and posting on here but i love it

VapeOn

13. fray

fray Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    arkansas
    I have not been spending as much time here. I keep up with stuff but I have been seeing the same topics/questions over and over.

Here are only a few examples:

"this new carto is the best/worst thing ever"

"my atty tastes burnt"

"I am brand new and posted before reading any thread, what PV should I get first without supplying any information about what I am looking for in a PV"

"people that don't vape are silly and or ignorant"

14. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    Spokane WA
    I dont think i stated to experience the full quallity of vaping until i found ecf. i visit daily and i have learned alot since i started coming here.

15. misterhyde

misterhyde Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Lymington, England
    I've been battling on and off with analogs, and cut down from at least 20 a day to 10 a day, and now I'm going to ditch analogs completely. Funnily, the 2 or 3 times I've quit for around a week, I've been on ECF daily. Whenever I've struggled it's when I've been away from ECF. I don't think it's a coincidence, because everyone always says that the biggest thing with quitting analogs (inside or outside the vaping world) is support, and that is what ECF gives in spades.

16. hawkizefan

hawkizefan ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    omaha
    I firmly believe that I would save a TON OF MONEY if I could drag myself away from this forum.

17. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    This forum has definitely shaped every facet of my vaping experience. I got incredible insight by lurking before ordering my first bunch of stuff. I've found deals that were almost unbelievable compared to what is the going rate for juices, attys etc. I've spent more money and sampled more flavors, good and bad, than I ever would have without ECF. I long for a mod but am happy on my Ego clones. I watch endless fiddling with clearomizers, wondering how far this hobby takes us into minutiae.

I watch member suppliers gather together when one lets users down and make them whole. I watch PIF activity with such a sharing spirit I'm amazed. I enter contests and even won some stuff! I watch repetitive noob questions and occasional flames get handled respectfully almost all the time.

The real addiction after analogs are gone is ECF, not nicotine!

18. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    You just haven't been to the jOker or Snail thread.

And, of course, I'm not hooked. :facepalm:

19. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Most Vets tend to stray to the outside, lounge, or the social groups. A lot of fun to be had there!

20. Uncle Willie

Uncle Willie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

ECF, IMO, is an invaluable site .. when I got really serious about quitting the analogs, I don't believe I would have been successful had I not stumbled on ECF .. honestly ..

My initial experience with a PV was less than good, to put it mildly .. however, the advice given to me by other Forum members in making that PV usable until I could decide what would be a good "upgrade" kept me from throwing in the towel .. and now, I am analog free for about 3 months ..

As well, just knowing there is a community of like minded folks that, for the most part, are helpful, courteous and willing to share their experience is a great boost for a "newbie" and a "quiter" .. it's a support system in and of itself ..

I had a heart attack 3 years ago and the first thing I did when I got home from the hospital was light up a Marlboro, in front of my 32 year old son .. true story ..

So, my hats off to any group that can help us addicts, because we're really all in this thing together ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.