Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
First of all, I'm not here to get on a pulpit or adopt a holier than thou attitude. I just wanted to share an experience I had and the opportunity many of us have to be a part of something life changing.

I was on the new users forum and someone was talking about wanting an MVP 2 but couldn't afford them. Some member asked the user to PM him and mentioned he would make sure they would get their MVP 2's for no charge.

I was absolutely moved by such a gesture. I noticed that my retired eVod's and ego sticks were doing nothing in my drawer except taking space....I offered them to a newbie here and got a response before the thread was deleted (did not know about the PIF user group at the time...my bad).

Needless to say, I felt absolutely great about it. It's one thing to do a "random act of kindness" by buying a starbucks for the stranger behind you in the drive through. It's another thing altogether to do something that just might save someone's life.

A LOT of us have tons of vape gear just doing nothing. Either we keep the gear as backups to backups to backups to backups, like we are preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Or we find some reason to use it otherwise it would just gather dust.

So here's an idea I would like to float. We all know that every vaper that quits smoking is another life saved, (or at least extended). We also know that the more vapers that are out there, the better it is for everyone.

So let's see if we can't do an inventory of our vape gear and just donate some of it to a newbie with no expectation of payment or praise. I'm not saying we don't have reasonable backups, I know I have my share. But some of us are borderline hoarding (I know I was).

Imagine the number of lives we could positively affect and save. If some of you are already doing this, I applaud you. If some of you have never tried it, you won't believe the feeling you get from possibly making a difference.

The vaping community here at ECF is amazing, and those of us who have been freed from the shackles of the cancer stick know how life changing our own experiences with vaping have been. We have an opportunity to affect so many lives and help others free themselves as well.

The PIF group here is great, but it's really geared towards us verfied members and by the time we are verified users, we already have our own gear and a dedicated vaper.

What I'm proposing is geared for the newbie smoker and prospective vaper that can't participate in the PIF group.

Just a thought.....

Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread