Door to Door sale of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
I have alot of experience in door to door sales so it would not take much for me to get started.
So here's the idea..First i would need some things from a supplier that is willing and wanting to expand thier business beyond the internet.

1-5 kr808 starter kits
2-1 of each e-juice sold by said supplier
3-1 of each peaice of hardware like pcc,usb passthroughs..ect
4-some brochers and business cards

So as you can see the startup cost would not be much for the supplier.

Now each sales representative would be paid on commision..At the end of each work day all money collected from sales would be sent to the supplier through money order or direct deposit or method the supplier chooses to use.

At the end of the week the salespersons commision is sent back to him/her in the same way.
this is just a rough idea right now.
The commision and other details could be worked out between the saleperson and supplier.

There is so many benifits to this for everyone..Like jobs created for people that need them..Helping someone discover e-cigarettes..Getting people off analogs to live a healthier lifestyle.

There is realy no losers in this idea everyone wins..the revenue that would be created for a supplier thats willing to take something like this on would be endless.

I havent gone into great detail in this post..Just wanted to get the idea out there and get some feedback.

Any suppliers that are interested send me a pm and we can discuss everything in more detail.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
It isn't a bad idea at all. I hope you don''t take me wrong but if I was a supplier, I would think you were just looking to get free stuff. Maybe that is why no one has jumped on it. You should try to order some kits from China and do it yourself.
I was going to buy a bunch of stuff wholesale and try it last year. The thought came from me being an Avon lady. I was delivering to a woman and she saw my ecig and wanted that instead of the Avon. I told her I could not sell her one in good conscious until I found one I was happy with myself. This was last yr. ( about 4 models ago) when the supply I had for myself was subpar that was what made me not want to do it mostly. I was just imagining a lot of returns and stuff and didn't want to deal with that on top of trying to order from china worry about customs (that's when it all started with customs) , get new customers etc.. I thought about it long and hard. I decided I didn't want to be bothered with the pain in the .... people who would want to trade flavors , have battery returns etc.. Now I will buy a few extra kits here and there but in no way would consider myself a supplier. I will sell people who "borrow" my kits a kit now, and tell them where to get juice etc.. I also thought about having "vaping parties" like tupperware for ecigs LOL but the same thing applied pain in the .... people and worry about customs and bans. I may consider that one some time but not sure yet, I am still working it out in my head. I may try it with friends to see what happens. Maybe vape tasting parties. I already sell food in party plan form. LOL

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
I would love to do this myself..but i just dont have the funds to order the kits from china....:(

I would also like to open a store.

It would be easy for a supplier that already has the stock on hand.
I would do everything on my side to get out and make the sale's just need a supplier to back me up.

Last edited:

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
I would love to do this myself..but i just dont have the funds to order the kits from china....:(

I would also like to open a store.

It would be easy for a supplier that already has the stock on hand.
I would do everything on my side to get out and make the sale's just need a supplier to back me up.

I doubt there is enough profit for the supplier and you. I believe you'll wind up selling these kits at ridiculous prices like the ones at mall kiosks.

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
So how would you go about making sure people are of age? To me it seems you'd have to be a little overbearing in order to do so. Like, Hello sir are You a smoker? "yeah", Have You ever heard of electronic cigarettes? "No", Would You like to try one? "Maybe..." Are You over 18? "sure".

So after getting that far without a "No Thanks followed by a closed door" You then ask for that person to get their ID so You can make sure their of age?

(15-17 year old's look alot older nowadays)

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
So how would you go about making sure people are of age? To me it seems you'd have to be a little overbearing in order to do so. Like, Hello sir are You a smoker? "yeah", Have You ever heard of electronic cigarettes? "No", Would You like to try one? "Maybe..." Are You over 18? "sure".

So after getting that far without a "No Thanks followed by a closed door" You then ask for that person to get their ID so You can make sure their of age?

(15-17 year old's look alot older nowadays)

Sure if someone looks that young..you would defenitly need to see a id.

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
Look at eastmall , they have 510 starter kits pretty inexpensive and the shipping isnt bad either.

$330 for 10 510 kits could sale them for $66 each...Might just get into this myself if i can come up with the money to get started..Thats always the problem..like the old saying goes "takes money to make money"

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Personally, I think you are on to something.

Though better would be to align your self with a couple of high quality, good return and warrnty policy, vendors and operate as an independent business. One mostly for hardware, for which I would stick initially with the 808, use a vendor like V4L, also a mainly juice shop like TW (edit, ok the 'devil' logo might not go over so well in rural TN, but Mrs. T, would :D).

For all the people not on the web, or not very web savvy, you would literally be a life saver.

Truthfully, you might try running the small business admin for a grant/loan, and perhaps hit the vendors up for 'terms'. Though for a couple thousand, you could easily start up.

You start hitting some of the rural areas of TN (I have prop in such and will be moving there within the year, Camden).

Keep starter packs simple, so they get the idea.

I've often thought, and may do it, that a simple store front, maybe even a coffee shop, full of ecigs, juices, web access, a place to 'hang' and vape friendly, would have potential (depends of course on gov - long term). Unlike teh kiosk buggers, it should be run knowledgably and without the inflated claims and 'smoke anywhere' mantra.

Seems to me I heard there may be a shop in Nasville somehwere. Perhaps they would welcome a commison only mobile rep?

How ever you look at it, you've got an idea that even part time, may work quite well. Depends on your negotiating savvy with the vendors. Particularly as you get into selling mods.

Keep up the brainstorming,

Max

Last edited:

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
Everyone that i have let look at my e-cig are very interested in the idea and want to know where they can get one..There is a lot of them that have bought from the same company that i got mine..And they thank me from the bottom of thier hearts for showing them a life saving product..and everyone of them are now smoke free.

It would be great to have a job where you go out everyday knowing that you are going to change someone's life for the better.

This is a win win deal for everyone.

Thanks max for the encouragement i have contacted v4l..just waiting for a reply.

Last edited:

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
You know, there is this guy down the street from my old house. He sits under a little canopy tarp thing at a gas station, with a couple tables selling burnt cd/dvd's. Hes been doing it for several years now, always has about 5-6 people there browsing his goods whenever I pass by.

I wouldn't think c-cigs would be any harder to sell than burnt cd's, maybe something like this could work to?

volunteer vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Tennessee
You know, there is this guy down the street from my old house. He sits under a little canopy tarp thing at a gas station, with a couple tables selling burnt cd/dvd's. Hes been doing it for several years now, always has about 5-6 people there browsing his goods whenever I pass by.

I wouldn't think c-cigs would be any harder to sell than burnt cd's, maybe something like this could work to?

Hi jimmy thanks for your feedback.
This idea seems to much like a kiosk and just no very professional...Theres nothing like going into someone's home and having the one on one coversation and demonstrate how the product works and what it can do for them..plus if you are working 8 hours a day going door to door you dont have to sit and wait for people to come to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread