Door to Door sale of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
zbasspro

"Well this thing lies! WE will never ever save $$$, but saving our lives is better! "

Wow! The E-cig should be saving you hundreds of Dollars per Month! How can it not be?

If you smoke 2 packs of Name Brand tobacco cigarettes per day, then it cost you over $400.00 per Month. If you smoke the "same amount" with the e-cig, it should cost you about $25.00 per Month to Smoke. That is $375.00 per Month savings! Have you ever done the math?

Well...hubby and I smoked the cheapo cigs.. and it was very costly to get us both started, not to mention how much it is for all the juices.. and hubby is into building the box mods, so parts cost ..and paying shipping on everything ..It adds up..maybe one day we will catch the breaking even point..but by then..an atty will go out, or need a new battery.. we still dont have all the trimmings yet either i.e. pass through ...LR atty..high voltage ...u name it..so we will always be buying.
No offense, but try not to be so rude..I am not a child..and yes we HAVE done the math, and we are no where near breaking even yet!:facepalm:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
We smoked the cheapos also and eventually filled our own tubes, etc. When we went to ecigs it took a little over two months before we broke even...the first time. But now, a year later, it's all savings once we settled on a style and juice flavor. Now we just maintain the supply and it's always less than it would be if we were buying cigarettes.
BTW, we've never had a pass through, LR attys or many of the other things. You're right, a lot of us have to save up.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
.. I also thought about having "vaping parties" like tupperware for ecigs LOL but the same thing applied pain in the .... people and worry about customs and bans. I may consider that one some time but not sure yet, I am still working it out in my head. I may try it with friends to see what happens. Maybe vape tasting parties. QUOTE]

That is a novel Idea!

I have also thought about this a lot. Most people who have never been exposed to vaping have serious doubts as to whether this technology works or not. Giving them one to take a few hits off of might seal the deal.

Unfortunately, I am definitely not the right type to sell this way!

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
So how would you go about making sure people are of age? To me it seems you'd have to be a little overbearing in order to do so. Like, Hello sir are You a smoker? "yeah", Have You ever heard of electronic cigarettes? "No", Would You like to try one? "Maybe..." Are You over 18? "sure".

So after getting that far without a "No Thanks followed by a closed door" You then ask for that person to get their ID so You can make sure their of age?

(15-17 year old's look alot older nowadays)

Yeah, and asking if they are 18 or older before they enter the websites is a fail safe way of preventing that too right??

trs-80

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Pensacola FL (Beulah)
people prefer in person sales to web sites in my town. You will probably need a peddlers license (tax receipt) and later if it becomes a tobacco product, a tobacco permit (called other tobacco permit here in FL for smokeless tobacco) . Door to Door sucks but flea market and word of mouth do ok. Pass out the bcards to every smoker you see. My son saw three car sales men smoking outside in the rain when he went to pay his car payment. He took a long drag of his ecig said "sucks to be you" then held up the cig and blew the vapor out as he walked into the office. The three bought an ecig plus 5 dollar delivery charge for in person delivery within the week.

sgtdisturbed47

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
If you want to stick to the local demographic, you need to build a strong customer base fast. Get your name out there. Get involved with the community somehow, even if its volunteer work. Get to know as many people on more than an acquaintance level as possible. Door to door is tricky, but there are better ways. Network marketing has more potential. Start with the people you know that are closest (friends, family, etc) and tell them about what you are selling. Have them get in contact with as many people as they can who would be interested (of-age smokers only), have them say that you want to give a demonstration. Once you have those names and numbers of people who are already expecting you, you call them and make appointments to show up.

After each demonstration, have them get a hold of as many people as they can who would be interested, and again, make the appointments. Each person will give you at least a few names and numbers that they will call, and you check back with the original person to see who was interested and who wasn't. From a handful of people, your customer base can grow dramatically, if you have the right approach. No-pressure selling is much more rewarding than cold-calls and door-to-door. These are people who are already interested, and you aren't showing up unannounced.

As for your supplies, yes, have some kits but don't pay too much for them. There's sources that can get you kits for $20 a pop, but you have to do some digging. Have some demo kits as well, units that people can vape on while you're doing the demonstration. Have plenty of liquid samplers as well. It's easier to have individual atties labeled with the flavors, so you jsut swap atties instead of having to clean out the atty each time. Have accessories as well. Passthroughs, car chargers, PCC's, etc. You can mark up however much you want, but just keep in mind you want to beat the mall prices and as many online prices as you can. At first.

You'll want to be legit about it as well. Get a business license, register your business name, and make sure to pay the sales taxes. Do your research on your local government's requirements for small businesses and get your business license. This will go a long way in keeping you in business. People want someone who put the time and effort into their company rather than someone who's just slangin' e-cigs.

cactusgirl

Sage Tribal Queen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Wow, just found this site and this thread...is it still active?

I really like the idea of 'Home Vaping' parties, akin to Tupperware, Candlelite, Pampered Chef, etc. It would be great if there was a vendor/supplier that offered a start-up kit for individuals that wanted to work venture. Personally, I would jump on this if the opportunity availed itself to me! I could see making an upfront investment of $300-$500 to buy a 'sales kit' that included a couple of diffent models with all of the accessories and about 10-15 ejuice flavours for demonstration purposes. If you were working with a supplier that could ship your order out within 24hrs where you could have it within 5 business days to deliver to your customers, you'd be set.

In the month since I received my own starter kit, I have spoken to about 30 people who have approached ME after noticing my ecig -- of those 30, only 4 of them had heard of an ecig before and the rest of them were totally baffled but extremely interested and listened intently to my brief (admittedly limited) tutorial of the ecig and asked a slew of questions. The market is definitely there if I could just figure out how to make the most of this opportunity - it would combine all of the things I love; talking to people, educating people, and improving health (I'm a very recent Practical Nursing grad...jobless at the moment as I figure out what avenue I want to take with my new career).

guitarman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks for responding. I guess I was commenting back to original post but The offer would extend to anyone that wanted to partner up for $$. Those are sales that a supplier would not normally get so you would have to be crazy not to agree to some sort of split. I would say just request to anyone interested to maybe come up with 4 or 5 people that wanted kits and let me know. I would then forward those and 4 or 5 more to have on hand. Split the profits down the middle which would be approx.$20 each per kit and go on to the next one. From that point it is not difficult to just have your customers order from our site with a code that gives you credit for the sale and residual dollars. Bring it on, the more the merrier. Let me know if I can help and I will post this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread