Doublers in all VG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Technically, they're not ALL VG. Just mostly. Reason being is that most commercial flavorings contain PG as their thinning agent to mellow the flavor. I also use Ethyl Maltol that's been melted in PG to carry that sweetness in the vapor. A lot of crystalline additives like maltol, ehtyl maltol, menthol, etc. stay in liquid form better in PG than in other liquids.

So, flavoring and EM (Ethyl Maltol), this all comprises about 20% of the bottle. But I can assure you, everything after that, is in fact VG.

I thought you should know.

Last edited:

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
Technically, they're not ALL VG. Just mostly. Reason being is that most commercial flavorings contain PG as their thinning agent to mellow the flavor. I also use Ethyl Maltol that's been melted in PG to carry that sweetness in the vapor. A lot of crystalline additives like maltol, ehtyl maltol, menthol, etc. stay in liquid form better in PG than in other liquids.

So, flavoring and EM (Ethyl Maltol), this all comprises about 20% of the bottle. But I can assure you, everything after that, is in fact VG.

ok, that makes sense now with the email correspondence I had with you earlier. Thanks for the explanation. It still works for me as I can handle some PG, just not alot.:)

Hope that helps you too, sbphotag

sbphotog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
O-H-I-O
www.facebook.com

Ok. I want to try my first doubler and I was thinking caramel/vanilla...is that tastey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread