Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 1.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 rta; Short introduction:
    Dovpo's Blotto RTA is an ever-evolving successful tank series born with the collaboration of Sam Parsons of vaping Bogan's YouTube channel. After the original version and the next one (Mini), both of which can be rebuilt in Single or Double coil, the "only single coil" version arrived on the market to complete the line. So today, after a short time, I want to present the updated versions of the first two models of Dovpo RTA. Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA are both regenerable in single or dual coil.
    Enjoy the reading

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Specifications declared by the manufacturer:
    • We took the iconic Blotto design and maximized it, bigger, with more
    airflow and increased build space for coils.
    • 272 degree airflow
    • Dual diffusion adjustable airflow for smoother suction
    • Enhanced metal support posts with raised positioning of airflow holes
    • Reinforced AFC ring and base
    • Improved design of the wells for cotton
    • 28mm in diameter (V1.5 26mm)
    • Easy to fill

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Packaging:
    Dovpo's Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA packages are equipped with a transparent window on the front that makes the product visible inside.
    The other sides of the package remind us that Blotto RTA was made by Dovpo with the collaboration of Sam Parsone of the Youtube channel Vaping Bogan.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 2.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 3.jpg

Some construction features are listed on the back, always on this side; the check security code, the manufacturer's address, a label showing the color and a bar code, finally the classic logos and brands.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 4.jpg

► Blotto Max RTA; Packing List:
    1 x Blotto Max RTA
    1 x 3.8ml straight pyrex glass
    1 x 6ml Pyrex Bubble Glass
    1 x 6ml PCTG Tank
    1 x Bag containing o'ring, spare screws, screwdriver
    1 x User Manual
    1 x Skull Shaped Bottle Opener

► Blotto V1.5 RTA; Packing List:
    1 x Blotto v1.5 RTA
    1 x 3.5ml straight pyrex glass
    1 x 6.4ml Pyrex Bubble Glass
    1 x 6.4ml PCTG Tank
    1 x Bag containing o'ring, spare screws, screwdriver
    1 x User Manual
    1 x Skull Shaped Bottle Opener

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 5.jpg

► Blotto Max RTA; Features:
    • Thread 510
    • Height 44.5mm (including Drip Tip 810)
    • Base Width 28.0mm
    • Weight 65gr
    • Deck: Dual / Single Coil
    • Double air flow from below
    • Top trim

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 6.jpg

► Blotto V1.5 RTA; Features:
    • Thread 510
    • Height 44.5mm (including Drip Tip 810)
    • Base Width 26.0mm
    • Weight 55gr
    • Deck: Dual / Single Coil
    • Double air flow from below
    • Top trim

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 7.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Stainless Steel

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 8.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; First impressions:
    A common thread ties these two new updated versions to the first original Blotto and to the second (Mini) so that if it were not for some different external processes and small dimensional differences they could be easily confused with each other, in fact I had the feeling that they were a copy...

In the image below you can see the extremely similar external appearance with the previous versions, where are the differences then? We can immediately notice a difference on a dimensional level between the first version of Blotto and the current one (Max) more compact, while between the Mini version and the current V1.5 that look like twins, you have to refine your view to discover that some decorations are slightly change.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 9.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Exploded view:
    The equipment present in the packages includes the nice skull-shaped bottle opener that has now become habitual in the Blotto family, in addition there are 3 tanks (straight Pyrex, convex Pyrex and convex PCTG), some spare o-rings and the usual screwdriver multifunctional. So the equipment is particularly rich but no coil and no cotton lace has been included inside the package.

The structural setting of Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA (like the previous Blotto) is basically made up of five pieces, in order; the Drip-Tip 810 with antimicrobial hygienic band, the Top-Cap with bayonet coupling, the central bearing structure that incorporates the large refill slots and the bell / chimney at the top, the fourth element is the tank with three choices , the fifth and last element is the deck which can be regenerated both in single and dual coil for both versions.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 11.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Tank part's:
    With the "bayonet" system, refueling is quick and easy. Half a rotation of the Top-Cap is enough to access the refueling slots.
    The size of the slots has remained the abundant one of the previous versions with the two refill slots positioned at the bottom and so that e-liquid overflows cannot occur during refueling. The large silicone gasket guarantees a good seal between the top-cap and the tank.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 12.jpg

On the outside of bell we find the nice stylized skull of Dovpo. The bell is internally threaded to be joined to the deck effectively. The internal measures of the Blotto Max bell are 21mm in width and 18mm in depth. The Blotto V1.5 RTA has a smaller bell; 18mm in width and 12mm in depth. Both bells have an internal conical design of the sky.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 13.jpg

The bottom of the Blotto Max & V1.5 tanks houses; Vaping Bogan's signature, serial number, skull and crossbones design and features a gold-plated pin that can be removed to disassemble the positive pole for deeper deck cleaning.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 14.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Deck:
    The layout of the deck is the same between Max and V1.5 RTA, what changes are the dimensions, which in the case of dual coil regeneration (Max RTA) allows the use of larger resistors. On both (Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA) the air flow from the external AFC is channeled under the coil by a metal grid and is directed laterally towards the coil or coils from the raised turrets. The raised turrets house a series of 272 ° angled holes that spread the air evenly over most of the surface of the coil or coils. The deck and support turrets have been revised and use a qualitatively better metal than that previously used on the other versions of Dovpo RTA.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 15.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; External AFC:
    The air adjustment ring is equipped with end-of-stroke stops, the air passage holes are arranged in two rows in each of the two opposing slots. The rotation of the ring is precise and well braked on both versions. The maximum air passage area on the ring is quite large and very similar between Blotto Max & Blotto V1.5 RTA.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 16.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Build:
    The sore point is always that of the previous series of Blotto RTA and is to encounter some difficulties in cutting the coil legs to size before inserting them into the blind holes of the turrets. This is an improvement that I expected from Dovpo, but unfortunately there has not been. However, with a little training and a good sense of proportion it is not a very complicated operation.

As I have already mentioned Blotto Max & Blotto V1.5 RTA can be regenerated in dual or single coil indifferently, however I preferred to regenerate Blotto Max in dual coil due to the greater space available in to the deck, and i preferred build Blotto V1.5 RTA in single coil to be able to exploit with small diameter Mods with single battery and at lower Watts.

After some tests, I chose a 0.37Ω (0.18Ω final) Fused Clapton 2x Ø3mm double coil for Blotto Max, while for Blotto V1.5 RTA the chosen configuration was to use a 0.37Ω Single Fused Clapton 1x Ø3mm.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 17.jpg

The deck of Blotto Max and Blotto V1.5 RTA is in a suspended position so after having thinned the cotton and given it a spearhead shape, it is necessary to let the mustache down along the throats until it touches the bottom of the deck.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 18.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; aesthetics:
    Blotto MAX for its important dimensions (28mm) but also for the type of regeneration that I used I find it suitable to be used on medium / large Mods with single 21700 battery or even better on Mods with dual 18650 batteries.

Blotto V1.5 RTA with the supplied straight Pyrex and for its "compact" dimensions I find it aesthetically perfect to be combined with medium / small-sized Mods with 21700/18650 cell, particularly pleasant is the aesthetic coupling with some SBS mod that can accommodate tanks with a diameter of 26mm.

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 19.jpg

► Blotto Max & V1.5 RTA; Final Considerations:
    For both the Tanks in this review, my considerations made during my previous tests carried out with the various Blotto Tanks are valid. The Blotto Max and the Blotto V1.5 RTA are confirmed as two excellent products for the RDL / DL Vaping they are well built and assembled, convenient to refill with liquid, but slightly complicated in the phase of inserting the coils, is needed a minimum of patience and manual skills.

Blotto Max and Blotto V1.5 RTA with all the different builds (single or double), always show an exemplary functioning and by positioning the cotton well there is no predisposition to liquid leaks. The liquid always feeds the cotton well, regardless of the amount of absorbent material we insert into the suction slots.

The Puff is fluid but above all it is free of annoying hisses, a slight muffled rustle accompanies us during our vaping sessions, the airiness with wide open AFC is remarkable and worthily supports regenerations with rather large double coils (Blotto Max). However V1.5 RTA AFC it manages very well single coil or small dual coil configurations.

Steam production is high even in single coil configuration, it is almost embarrassing at only 30-35W! In dual coil configuration, the clouds and the consumption of liquid logically increase. However, the V1.5 RTA version impressed me, but I expected it because I had previously liked the great potential of the Blotto RTA Single Coil!

Basically both the Blotto Max and the Blotto V1.5 RTA are products that work very well, never overheat and do not create particular problems. In addition, the construction and materials that Dovpo used are of a further improved quality compared to the past. So if you are looking for a regenerable tank with an economical price and good aromatic performance, I would recommend that you include your favorite Blotto or both in your next shopping cart! You will not regret it.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Dovpo for sending me the products for review.

https://dovpo.com/collections/dovpo...-by-dovpo-vaping-bogan?variant=39734235529258

https://dovpo.com/collections/dovpo...-by-dovpo-vaping-bogan?variant=39734509371434

Dovpo Blotto Max RTA & V1.5 RTA 20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread