Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo Blotto Single Coil rta
    Today I would like to tell you about a new Dovpo Blotto RTA that was born in collaboration with Sam Parsons of the vaping Bogan YouTube channel. This tank was already one of my favorites both in the Original version (the first) and in the Mini version (the second) both of which can be rebuilt in Single or Double coil.
    This third version of Blotto RTA was created to complete a complete range of very interesting tanks for flavor, this version is specific to be regenerated only in Single-Coil.
    Enjoy the reading

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 1.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Packaging:
    The Dovpo Blotto Single Coil Rta packaging is equipped with a transparent window that makes this object immediately visible inside.

Some construction features are listed at the rear, always on this side; the check security, the manufacturer's address, a label showing the color and a bar code, finally the classic logos and brands.

The other sides of the package remind us that the Blotto Mini Single-Coil was made by Dovpo with the collaboration of Vaping Bogan.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 2.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 3.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Packing list:
    • Blotto mini RTA Single Coil
    • Pre-installed 2ml Pyrex glass
    • 4ml Pyrex bubble glass
    • 4ml PCTG bubble tank
    • Bag containing o'ring, spare screws and screwdriver
    • Skull shaped bottle opener
    • User Manual
    • QC certificate

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 4.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Measurements and specifications:
    • Height 44.0 mm
    • Width 23.3 mm
    • Weight 53gr
    • Deck: Single-Coil
    • Double air flow from the bottom
    • Top refil

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 5.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Available colours:
    • Black, Gunmetal, Stainless Steel

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 6.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; First impressions:
    The equipment present in the package includes the nice skull-shaped bottle opener that has now become common in the Blotto family, in addition there are 3 tanks (2ml Pyrex, 4ml Pyrex, 4ml PCTG), some spare o-rings and the usual screwdriver multifunctional.

When I received this Item I had the feeling that it was a copy of the previous Blotto-Mini Single-dual Coil ... In fact it shares pretty much everything except; the internal design of the Deck having two fixing points for the coil legs instead of 4, a new double AFC optimized for single-coil builds and some different aesthetic processes.
    In the image below you can see the external appearance almost identical with the previous Blotto Mini, the maximum width with the bubble tank installed reaches 28mm in the center.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 7.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 8.JPG

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Exploded View:
    The new Blotto (like the previous one) is therefore basically made up of five pieces, in order; the Drip-Tip 810 with antimicrobial hygienic band, the Top-Cap, the central bearing structure that incorporates the refill slots and the bell / chimney, the fourth element is the tank with three choices, the fifth and last element is the deck and as we will see later it is in turn decomposable.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 9.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; New Deck:
    The deck, as I mentioned previously, is completely removable with the exception of the air ring, to open it just unscrew the gold-plated pin and extract the positive pole turret, also removing the insulating material. Periodic cleaning operations are very important to keep the aromatic yield of any tank efficient, these operations with the Dovpo Blotto are simple and allow you to reach even the most remote corners. Compared to the previous version, the air inlet slots under the Coil have been redesigned and reduced in size and the side holes pass from an angle of 242 ° to the current one of 272 °.
    The support turrets have also been revised and use a qualitatively better metal.

On the bottom of the atom; the signature of Vaping Bogan, the serial number, the design of a skull with crossbones. Blotto is equipped with a gold-plated pin which, as we have seen, can be removed to disassemble the parts for deep cleaning operations.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 11.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 12.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; New internal dimensions:
    Compared to the previous version (Mini Single-Dual Coil), the new Blotto in addition to the aforementioned improvements concerning the turrets and the air flow towards the coil, has undergone a rather evident resizing of the internal diameter of the bell which goes from the previous 18mm to the current 16mm to make the most of the new "only" single-coil configuration.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 13.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; External AFC:
    The air adjustment ring is equipped with end-of-stroke stops with a new design of the passage holes arranged on the two opposing slots. In addition, the AFC system has been improved thanks to a precise coupling with the deck. The rotation of the ring is more precise than in the past.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 14.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Refil:
    With the "bayonet" system it is simple and fast, a half rotation of the Top-Cap is enough to access the refueling.
    The size of the slots has remained the abundant size of the previous versions but also in this case we wanted to improve the feeling of this operation by simply positioning the two slots lower down. In this way, e-liquid overflows cannot occur during refueling.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 15.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; Build:
    There is some difficulty in cutting the coil legs to size before inserting them into the blind holes of the turrets, this is an improvement that I expected from Dovpo, but unfortunately there has not been. However, with a little training and a good sense of proportion it is not such a complicated operation.

The deck is in a suspended position so after having thinned the cotton and given it a spearhead shape, it is necessary to lower the mustache along the throats until it touches the bottom of the deck.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 16.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 17.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil; aesthetics:
    With a measurement of only 23.3mm at the base and a maximum height of 44mm, the Blotto Single Coil is quite compact and if you use straight glass it is possible to install it with an interesting result even on rather small Mods.

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 18.jpg

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 19.jpg

Final Considerations
    Initially I regenerated the Blotto Single Coil with a complex coil to push on 55W which undoubtedly is a power more suitable for a Dual-Coil tank, however I have not recorded excessive overheating as long as I keep the AFC completely open. Subsequently I went in search of the true essence of this project or a satisfying type of RDL Vaping.
    So I built a resistor with simple wire ss on a 3mm tip to push to 35 / 40W (more than enough for me). With this configuration the Tank expresses itself very well, the liquid feeds the cotton well and with every degree of AFC opening the shot remains rather silent.
    This Tank compared to the previous version (with the same single-coil regeneration) expresses a higher aromatic quality so that the liquid seems to have a higher concentration of flavor.
    Basically, like the previous "brothers" this Blotto-Single Coil works very well and does not create problems, the materials used for its construction seem even improved, so I would recommend that you add Dovpo Single Coil RTA to your "Wishlist".
    Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Dovpo for sending me the product for review.
    Premium Vaping Brand - High Quality Vape Mod, Atomizer, RTA, RDA, RDTA

Dovpo Blotto Single Coil RTA 20.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you
    Dovpo informed me that in some specimens he has found an imperfect hermetic seal of the top-cap and the new batch will be modified, this is seriousness on their part

Thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread