Dovpo E-LVT 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
elvt-2_1.jpg Hello everyone. I have a question about the Dovpo E-LVT 2.0. Now on the new version it's 30 watts and from what I have gathered will handle anything .3ohm and above. My question however is about the new firing pin show here in this photo. I have the first version of the E-LVT and love it. It has been my all day vape for a long time. The first version has a floating spring loaded pin. The new version has what appear to maybe be an adjustable pin? I am hoping it is indeed adjustable to an extent because one of my biggest pet peeves with mods is if devices will sit flush on it. I have an evic supreme I won't use bcause nothing will sit flush on it. I'm wondering if anyone out there has picked on of these up yet and could maybe answer some questions for me. thanks guys

MythDrago

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
ellsworth,mi
it's 510 and eGo thread, and unlike an ego battery, and it has a ring round the 510/eGo thread which you can thread upwards to meet your 510 threaded tank to prevent wobble.

yes it does and so far everything I have put onto it has been flush with it without having to move the ring to do so. what ive used on it so far is a plume veil, iclear 30s, big dripper v2 and few others.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hi fellow vapers.
    Yes I'm seriously looking at this being my next mod.
    Almost got the 1.0 until I saw that yes indeed the 2.0 is also just as shock/waterproof as the 1.0 and goes down as low as 0.3 ohms on the coil, far out !
    Wondering if it also has a voltage setting option like the 1.0 ? Would appreciate an answer on that before I make my decision.
    Seems like the mod for me, I drop mine occasionally... and have been known to get a few raindrops on it... heh.. needless to say, I've been through quite a few mods/batteries. Hoping this one will last me a while !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hi vapers !

So, I decided to get my very own E-LVT 2.0 ! This thing is so neat, it's a rubberized zinc alloy, crush-proof, shock-proof, water-resistant, and with a built-in flashlight on bottom.
    This means you really can vape on a rainy dark night on yer walk home ! He he.
    I'm pretty rough on my stuff, so this may be the mod that survives my abuse !
    No one in here has given a review, so I'll try my best. First, a picture of the one I got:

crop1905602-9.jpg
    E-LVT 2.0 by Dovpo

I also want to ask some questions about this from all of you out there.
    First and foremost, the manual descirbes the size of the pin screw nicely, so I can get more... but what about the allen screw ?
    I've already lost one of them changing batteries, and I NEED to be able to order more.
    Anyone know the specs on the allen screw used on these ??? It'd be a GREAT help.
    So.
    As you may know, this mod goes from 7-30 watts in 0.1 increments, and does 0.3 - 5.0 ohm'd coils.
    It's got an adjustable firing pin, which I've adjusted all the way down, so all my atty's and clearos fit fine.
    It is "Splash Proof" with a water-resistance rating of IPX 1 protection rating. This means that while you should not submerge it in water, it should be okay to vape in the rain or shower.....within reason....
    It measures 28.5mm deep (1.12 inches), 110mm tall (4.33 inches), and 54mm wide (2.12 inches). It weighs 233g (8.21 ounces) without the battery. This is because the zinc alloy they use is THICK. The electronics are encased in a seperate super thick zinc alloy which is rubberized with silicone for waterproofing and bounce resistance, and, it's really easy to keep clean !
    Take a maximum 65mm battery, thats most flat-top 18650 batteries. Speaking of batteries, the manual recommends Sony VTC4/VTC5 18650 for sub-ohm operation. However this poses some difficulty as there are SO many fake Sony VTC batteries out there. Therefore on my advice and that of a friend, an equivalent hi-drain battery will suffice. I'm personally using a non hi-drain, just a normal 3400 mAh Panasonic I got from Orbtronic, as the thing only goes up to 30 watts anyway... and my lowest coil will be 0.9 I believe.. so I'm not too worried. Of course, Sony VTC5 batteries are the world's best, but, Sony does not make them anymore and there are dozens of fakes out there, so I've personally given up on finding the elusive VTC5.
    Does anyone know where the "secret vent hole" is located ? I've been trying to find it, is it the 2 valve holes in the lid ? They go to those squarish pieces of zinc, or, somehow thru the brand plate ? I dunno.
    So, this dovpor has 3 LED lights above the firing button that show battery level. They light when the device is fired, showing green when the battery is above 3.75 volts...mine come out of the charger at 4.1v .... yellow when it goes below 3.75v, and red when it goes below 3.6v . I believe it stops functioning at 3.4 volts. I recommend changing the battery as SOON as the red light first appears, to save battery life from damage. Do not store batteries under-charged for too long.
    Now there IS an input slot hidden behind a waterproof openable side section for charging the battery. I however prefer to remove the battery and charge it seperately, therefore I can continue vaping while I charge the other. I believe it shows a light when charging, and shuts off when done, when using the internal charge port. Not sure what mA it puts into the 18650, anyone know ?
    This also has,in the same slot, an output USB for charging batteries and an on/off switch to control both in/out ports.
    The menu options include flashlight on/off, wattage,coil ohm,and battery voltage.
    Includes seperate locking system for wattage up/down controls, which I really like, something I missed with my Vamo mods.
    So one can vape without mistakenly adjusting the wattage of the mod. Pretty nice.

So I have to say this is a very impressive unit and I'm happy with it. At times 7 watts is even a hair too hot for the atty/tank I'm using at the moment, however most of the time it's just perfect. Remember, no variable voltage on the 2.0, only watts are adjustable.

Fits in the hand perfect, really comfortable, ignition switch is in just the right place, and also rubberized and sealed against any contaminants, so, I'm thinking this switch will last a good long time.

It's got a 510/eGo mounting, with a removable beauty ring, which I removed, because unscrewing my tank from the top will sometimes loosen the bottom coil fitting and cause a leak... so I prefer to unscrew it from the bottom, using my own beauty ring that allows me to get at the bottom of my atty. Looks good, too.

Gotta love the camoflauge they offer with the 2.0 ! Goes with my collection of camo stuff..... heh

I give this mod a high rating and highly recommend it.

So, can anyone help me with some or all of the questions I've asked in this post ? Would really appreciate it if someone could answer 'em !
    Any other questions about the E-LVT 2.0 ? Just ask in this thread.

All the best !

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I have one since yesterday and so far it's been a good mod. I use it at work. If I had thought about it I might have gone for the ipv2s instead. It's really waterproof. Plus, it does 50-70 watts.

But I am not disappointed at all. I like it a lot. Vapes good, lasts for 8 hours on a charge.

Curious about the ipv2s you mentioned, I looked it up......
    It's not waterproof at all, not in the slightest. Not sure what you're talking about ?
    I have tested the E-LVT 2.0 in the rain personally and can attest that it truly is water resistant !
    All the best !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hey there fellow vapers !
    I've come up with some tips people might find useful in the of your E-LVT 2.0 by Dovpo !

First of all, let me just say, this thing is a TANK, and I highly suspect it will be my mod for a very long time !

I'm rough on my stuff. My stuff is rough on my stuff. As you may know, the rule in the vaping world is:

"Two Is One, And One Is None."

So, in this vein, I'll mention the screws included with the E-LVT 2.0 .
    No description in manual for the allen screw that holds the battery cover on. Problem ? I've already lost one in my 1st two weeks of ownership. Also, if you lose or get seperated from your mini-allen wrench, who has one lying around ?
    Thank goodness and the people at Dovpo for including 2 extra allen screws and 1 extra pin screw.

My solution to the allen screw dilemna ? Measured it, it's 3mm wide. Now, finding a screw that short is quite a task.... so I got a phillips head 3mm screw about 3 or 4 times too long... and cut it with some heavy duty cutters.
    Voila. I now have a phillips head screw holding my door shut, easy to use as the magnetic screwdriver grabs onto the screw.
    Just make sure it's short enough to actually bring down and seal the battery door. Too long and it will not be water resistant. Too short and it wont grab the threads. Use your eyes and approximate the length, then cut, and try.
    So now I've got tons of spares and can always ask someone for a screwdriver if I don't have mine.

So, the pin screw you ask ?
    Not a problem. For those of you who have lost your manuals, the size of the pin screw is M3.0 ...the driver is 6.0x45mm.
    My focus was the allen screw, so I don't yet know the measuremnets of the pin screw other than "M3.0", but I'll write another entry once I learn about the pin.

Speaking of the pin, again, brilliant planning , Dovpo, an adjustable non-floating pin, ohhh yes !
    I've screwed mine all the way down and later found it screwed out a ways. Re-tightened with a lil oomph and now we'll see if it slips again.

However all in all this tank has out-preformed most of my mods, aside from the fact it has no 510-mobile-on setting, but hey, it's got the flashlight built-in and a charging system so what the heck.

Also, I'd like to point out that although the manual says do not charge the battery and vape simultaneously, the owner of the vape shop here does it frequently with no apparent problems so far. I do NOT recommend this, it is reommended to NOT do this in the manual, but there you go.
    I personally remove the battery each time to charge it , therefore I wanted a phillips screw so it wont strip out, and, made extras, so I don't lose one in public and become unable to close my lid !!

Would've been nice to put magnets in the lid but then people wouldnt tighten it down and thus it would not be water resistant I get it.

You will NOT regret getting an E-LVT 2.0 for yourself with those xmas returns and bonuses/gifts !! Do it !

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Found out the allen screw size diameter is 3mm.
    What I did is replace it with a phillips-head screw, 3mm. At first I had to cut it in half so it would sink all the way in. However, in time, I was able to use the screw as it comes from the hardware store.
    MUCH easier to find someone with a phillips screwdriver than an allen key, heh.
    All the best !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Love my 2.0 so much I got another one !
    This time it's purple/crimson. First one was camo.
    I've got a few other APV's in the time between my two 2.0 purchases and I can say I'm happiest with my 2.0 !
    I highly recommend this to both beginners and advanced vapers.
    Gotta say this thing is truly crush-proof. I left it near the bottom of my station wagon's rear door, and twice I slammed the hatch down right onto the E-LVT 2.0 !
    Not a scratch, dent, or ANY evidence of the smashing. Wonderful unit.
    I've also seen a few pics of users driving over theirs with a car. Pretty impressive.
    Vape on !

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread