Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hey vapers !
    Well I got a great oppurtunity I couldn't pass up. I've read about Dovpo's E-LVT Mini online, waiting for someone to carry it for sale.
    Turns out none other than my local vape shop had somehow gotten two of them before the Chinese New Year's Holiday. These things are basically unavailable, and the shop was only able to get two.
    However ! About the mod ! The E-LVT Mini !
    Well, in a few succinct words I can say it's durable, straight forward, well built mod.
    This goes from 1.0 - 9.5 volts, or, 2.0-35.0 watts. The display will show you both, with the one you're using in larger font.
    So, like the E-LVT and E-LVT 2.0, it's crush proof (zinc alloy body), water resistant (encased in silicone), and durable.
    It's much lighter than it's predecessors of course, as it's 1/2 the size. Actually it's a bit wider than the previous models, and longer too, but the overall sq.in. of it is smaller.
    Fits so nice in the hand. They're gonna make gray, camo, and blue. For now only blue exists, I like the look of the gray but whatever, easier to find this one , heh.
    The Mini does not come with a flashlight, or charging port. It's basically a no-frills awesome mod built what it's supposed to do and not much more. Nice and simple that way.
    This Mini seems even more waterproof ('resistant') than the 1.0 or 2.0 as the buttons are underneath solid silicone.
    The oLED display is nice and clear. Shows voltage, wattage, battery level, and ohms when fired. Then shows puff time.
    It's got an adjustable pin. Remember though this is not ego threaded it is a flat 510 connection, so if you're going to use, say, a device that screws on the outside threads of a normal mod, you'll have to use a 510-to-eGo adapter. Simple enough and cheap.
    So here's a pic of it...
    MOD_Dovpo_ELVT_Mini_4_m__03184.1424468102.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6100-x.jpg

Fires my iClear 30S and my Aspire Atlantis really well, tanks never warms up like my other mods, including the E-LVT 2.0.
    It's got an easily opened battery well, no more finding a screwdriver to change the battery.
    I prefer to remove the 18650 battery and charge it with my own charger, but the Mini also comes with a way to charge the battery internally. I would imagine this would be a bit slow of a charge.
    However, removing the battery is a breeze compared with the 1.0 / 2.0 . Simply spin the dial.
    I'll get more pics up tomorrow when it's light out.
    SO let's see what else, it has an overheat protection module, When the temperature of the chip reaches 95 C / 203 F the device will stop working and display 'high temp'. Wow, 203 F. And like I said, with extreme heavy vaping there's no heating of the unit or tank.
    It's resistance range is 0.2-3.0 ohms. Max Output Current is 14 amps.
    It measures 99mm x 31mm x 39.5mm. Madee out of zinc alloy and silica gel.
    Also, it's got all the normal APV goodies like short circuit protection, low voltage protection, battery reversal protection.
    Oh, and see yes I see now what I suspected was true, the enclosed charger is only 600 mAh which will take 3-5 hours to charge.
    Withoutt vaping, if the battery (18650) goes below 3.2 volts it wont fire.
    During vaping, if the battery drops below 2.8 volts, it will cease and show 'protection' in the oLED screen. This is important for people who use inadequate batteries, heh. Also the Mini shuts off once it goes over 15 amps output.
    Yes, you MUST USE A BATTERY THAT CAN REACH OVER 10 AMPERES CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE CURRENT with this device.
    Check your batteries thoroughly. I can recommend the ones I've found to be the best, just message me. They're 30AMP Hi drain with a C rating of 14.2 , made in japan, pretty hard to beat. That's better than a sony vtc5 by the way, heh.
    Anyway while that last statement may be debatable, the MINI certainly is not, Its a great unit, I got mine out the door from a local shop for $80.
    Unlike the 1.0 and 2.0 you cannot vape while charging, as the charger goes into the firing pin. Again, I recommend a Nitecore Charger and that way you're never out of vape power if you have two batteries. One in the vape, and one charging.
    I honestly don't know how long my battery is going to last in the Mini, I just got it today. However I assume it'll be comparable to most APV mods.

DJC-vape.jpg

Happy Vaping ! (with the Mini)

'

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Got some more info and pics for yoou about the E-LVT Mini !
    I let the device run until it wouldn't, and saw the battery was at 3.35 volts. Not bad. I quickly charge up my batteries normally so it wasn't a problem.
    It's been a great unit, performing wonderfully for me !
    Here's some more pics for you all :

stock-all-models.jpg
    Those are all the 3 models available for the E-LVT Mini.

battery-top.jpg
    Battery lid for the Mini.

firing-pin.jpg
    Top of device, the firing pin with adjustable wheel.

side-view.jpg
    That's the unit on its side. camera was up just a bit too far to see whole screen.

tall-view.jpg
    Other side of the Mini.​

So... looks like I'm only allowed 5 pics per post , so, next post will include the stock phoos I got of the Mini...... read on.....​

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    So vapers,
    Here's the rest of my pics of the E-LVT Mini.....
    These are stock photos from the site...

stock-pin-removed.jpg
    The pin wheel removed.

stock-w-battery.jpg
    With battery.

stock-w-box.jpg
    The blue one, like mine, out of the box n ready to go.​

It's a super great unti, and I've done both sub-ohm'ing and regular ohm vaping with it, its performing awesome !
    Found out it's got a higher water resistance rating than the 2.0, gonna look up what the value means.
    All your comments and questions about the E-LVT MINI here !!!

Reactions: Robin kerr

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    Very interesting - thanks! I'm still very fond of my V1 e-lvt but find I use it less and less, simply because my iStick 20w is so plug-and-play I almost forget about batteries theses days. Interesting that you say that the mini is more waterproof than the v1 - that would be an advantage (I'm out in the rain quite a lot). Thanks. :)

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    is it spring loaded 510 or what?

The E-LVT MINI has a fixed pin with adjustable ring to match cart/atomizer/rba/etc. No spring. Which I prefer. The pin itself is not adjustable, but the outer ring is, and fully removable.

SO !
    Turns out, I got a rare pre-release E-LVT MINI version 0.0 ! Yes, only a SMALL batch was sent to anywhere outside of China and its offices at Dovpo, because, the E-LVT MINI is now being re-vamped.
    Turns out on my model they neglected to put a battery vent hole.
    The rumors are they're going to drill a vent hole into the battery lid, which of course would make this no longer IPX5 water-resistant rating.
    We're not sure what their final fix will be. I'm hoping they come up with a hidden 1-way air valve like is on the V 1.0 and 2.0 . They call it the 'hidden' vent hole.
    So, your E-LVT MINI has been delayed!

Stay tuned, there will be more in this thread .. !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hi again, vapers !
    No, I personally do not recommend EFest batteries, and I recommend only 10amp output or above when using up to 40 watts.. !
    Now. The 'secret' batteries I was talking about actually do not fit the incredibly narrow battery well of my E-LVT MINI. They DO fit ALL my other devices. Remember, Dovpo is re-vamping the E-LVT Mini at this time, and may make it larger.
    The best batteries I've found which have an equal or greater rating to the VTC5's, from japan, are found by clicking here.
    Now, since those batteries are a HAIR wider than most, they won't fit in my E-LVT MINI, therefore I'm using what can be found by clicking here.
    Mind you, I'm only using around 20 watts on either a 0.5 coil or a 1.2 ohm.
    I highly recommend the company as reliable, quick, and in USA, distributing Japanese batteries from Florida. The ones I use are Panasonic, the 'super' ones are made by the company themselves. Definitely not fakes or re-wraps !
    So, take it as you will, this is all in my opinion only, based on data that has been presented to me.

By the way,
    The E-LVT Mini was targeted to be sold by retailers at about $85-100. However, as I said, you'll be hard pressed to find one at this time, as they are re-vamping the design. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Do any US retailers with a good reputation have this in stock? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Hi.
    Apparently I didn't make myself clear in my earlier posts, or, they weren't read.
    In either case, I WILL say that the model I got was a PRE-RELEASE model meant for review and input.
    Since then, they've decided to install a battery vent hole, and perhaps some other changes.
    The E-LVT MINI is NOT available at this time to the general public, as I implied before.

Sorry folks ! However, you DO know what to expect, generally, from Dovpo in the way of the new MINI.

I'll let you know as soon as I see the new models.

Happy vaping ! :vapor:

militantomg

ECF Veteran
    Mar 9, 2015
    NYC
    Hi.
    Apparently I didn't make myself clear in my earlier posts, or, they weren't read.
    In either case, I WILL say that the model I got was a PRE-RELEASE model meant for review and input.
    Since then, they've decided to install a battery vent hole, and perhaps some other changes.
    The E-LVT MINI is NOT available at this time to the general public, as I implied before.

Sorry folks ! However, you DO know what to expect, generally, from Dovpo in the way of the new MINI.

I'll let you know as soon as I see the new models.

Happy vaping ! :vapor:

Gotcha, however I've since found it for sale on a few sites. Hard to tell if its the one you have or the newer one. Wouldn't vent holes negate the water-proof aspect? (not that i need it to be waterproof)

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 10, 2013
    constitution state
    i really like the durability and small size of this. i went looking last night for websites that have them and i found it. i made my purchase and today i get an email saying this.

"GOOD AFTERNOON AND THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING XXXXX XXXX! WE NOTICED THE SYSTEM LET YOU ORDER AN ELVT MINI. WE STOPPED SELLING THOSE DUE TO, TOO MANY DEFECTS. WE ARE REPLACING THIS WITH THE SIGELEI 30 WATT MINI. IF THIS IS OK WITH YOU PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP. IF NOT WE WILL REFUND YOUR ORDER. THANKS AND HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!"

i guess i will wait till it gets revamped and gets some decent reviews. :toast:

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2013
    Florida (east coast)
    And none of those suits knows how to structure a sentence without broken engrish. I give benefit of doubt since maybe they just forgot the engrish when they move to China. I bet they simply want focus mainly the corporate sharing profit assets and negotiation of great business with partners to make mutual benefit for all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread