Dovpo E-LVT Mini !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramrod

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2012
United States
Checked this unit out last week at my go to vape shop. Upon close inspection we found that if you unscrew 510 top cap, it wouldn't screw back on. Pin is fixed and you adjust by turning cap. But jinky thing wouldn't screw back down! One of the other employees noticed and said people are bringing them back and they had to do an epoxy repair on them. Just one of the design flaws if this device! Too bad, it had potential.

Nica

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Australia

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    Hello again vapers !

So, I just saw the NEW release of the MINI, and, yes, they put six vent holes in the battery cap.
    This DOES negate the ipx5 water-resistant rating, for sure. It is no longer waterproof.
    They kept the waterproof design, added a power button logo and a + and - logo on the wattage adjustment.

So I read the post here saying the adjustable pin wheel won't screw back on ? Mine always did, untll I dropped it with a tank attached, and it snapped off... now it will not screw back on, it did before. So yes with some epoxy I fixed it.

Also read how it now has a spring loaded 510 pin, which I'm not happy about. I didn't notice this when I saw the new version recently. Did not try to unscrew adjustable pin wheel either.

I'm not happy with the Mini's firing mechanism. Most APV's (Advanced Personal Vaporizers) allow you to continue the flow by clicking the power button on/off quickly. With the Mini, it will not allow you to do this, there is a wait between firings. Too much safety if you ask me.

So, that's the news on the Mini. It IS available, however it is no longer water resistant much.

Hope this informs you all. Keep vaping.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sure, there's literally 1000s of other APV's, all with their own unique details.
    The Mini is aimed at people who want a water-resistant APV.
    It's too bad they chose to install six vent holes in the battery cap because this makes it no longer water resistant.
    However, they kept the silicone design, and, when set upright on a table , I imagine it's fairly water resistant to light spray, as the ipx5 rating would delineate.
    We all know there are cheaper APV's out there.
    However remember the old saying, you get what you pay for.
    So, chime in with your Mini experience ! We're listening !

ramrod

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Sure, there's literally 1000s of other APV's, all with their own unique details.
    The Mini is aimed at people who want a water-resistant APV.
    It's too bad they chose to install six vent holes in the battery cap because this makes it no longer water resistant.
    However, they kept the silicone design, and, when set upright on a table , I imagine it's fairly water resistant to light spray, as the ipx5 rating would delineate.
    We all know there are cheaper APV's out there.
    However remember the old saying, you get what you pay for.
    So, chime in with your Mini experience ! We're listening !
    Did you really look at the 50watt device, with temp control from Heatvape ? It is the same form factor, silicone casing, size, etc. But no drilled out battery cap,50watts, temp control, and less $$$ ! It like they took the Dovpo , hotrodded it , added more safety, added more features, and said here buddy, wouldn't you rather have this?

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Did you really look at the 50watt device, with temp control from Heatvape ? It is the same form factor, silicone casing, size, etc. But no drilled out battery cap,50watts, temp control, and less $$$ ! It like they took the Dovpo , hotrodded it , added more safety, added more features, and said here buddy, wouldn't you rather have this?

OK I admit it, I did not look up this device, he he. So many times I've been told about an APV just to find it's nothing like what's being discussed. Will look it up now.

AH! Wow that thing looks exactly like an E-LVT Mini. They say ipx4 , I wonder where the vent holes are on this heatvape 'Invader Mini'....(EDIT: They are under the extra 'buttons' on the side, they are flaps that open up under pressure) I don't see where to purchase one, do you have a link ?
    Looks great, goes down to .16 ohms and down to 1 watt, wow, ha ha. Pretty snazzy.
    Are these out for retail yet ?

Last edited:

LetsGetDigital

Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    But, consider this . The new 50 w temp control unit by Heatvape . And for less $$$ !

Yeah, it seems like there's no reason not to spend the extra money on the Heatvape Invader Mini. It has TC, and they apparently worked out the venting issue by making it so the casing over the buttons will easily blow out if your bat vents. Sure your silicone is ruined then, but at least it's still waterproof (which is a large majority of the draw to this unit for most people).

ramrod

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Yeah, it seems like there's no reason not to spend the extra money on the Heatvape Invader Mini. It has TC, and they apparently worked out the venting issue by making it so the casing over the buttons will easily blow out if your bat vents. Sure your silicone is ruined then, but at least it's still waterproof (which is a large majority of the draw to this unit for most people).
    Not sure if it's on sale yet, or who has it. There are some YouTube reviews and they have links I think. I was helping a friend search for a durable PV for construction work.

LetsGetDigital

Verified Member
    Nov 27, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Reactions: ramrod

ramrod

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2012
    United States

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    Just a heads up, I edit'd that reply up there, @ramrod .
    If anyone knows where to actually purchase the Heatwave let me know I'm curious about it.
    I ordered the Heatvape from GearBest when they had an active coupon code for 54.77 and it shipped a couple days ago. Sweet Vapes has them in stock and after shipping it is about 70.00 but will get to you faster than GB. Vapor Tek has the best current deal imo using the code 5OFFNOW you can order it for about 55 shipped, but the Vapor Tek is a pre-order that is expected to arrive on the 8th or the 10th or something like that.

I bought the Heatvape mod because the TC seems to work well according to all the reviewers and I wanted a rugged beater for work, but I probably would not have bought the Dovpo version as I find the difference in watts and TC significant.

Reactions: ramrod

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Thanks for the heads up ! Plus this reinforces what I stated earlier in regards to the DOVPO pricing. Now I've read that HEATVAPE had issues with Dovpo for snagging their design initially!

Ah.
    So the Invader came first ? Interesting.
    Yes it seems the Invader is a superior unit, with the same design, and cheaper also.
    I'm also very curious about this temp control thing.
    Sadly my APV budget has been tapped... dunno if I'll get one of these as I already own the E-LVT Mini.
    Does anyone have experience with the temp control ? I see some posters here have one already. Can you share your experience ?
    Or should it have its own thread ?

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2014
    USA
    Ah.
    Yes it seems the Invader is a superior unit, with the same design, and cheaper also.
    Sadly my APV budget has been tapped... dunno if I'll get one of these as I already own the E-LVT Mini.
    Does anyone have experience with the temp control ? I see some posters here have one already. Can you share your experience ?
    There is about 8 pages on the mod here New TC mod - Invader mini - specs online! | E-Cigarette Forum

ramrod

ECF Veteran
    Mar 1, 2012
    United States
    Ah.
    Go to subforum of regulated mods, and scroll down to the temp control part.there you will find a mind boggling amount of info. The SXmini M thread has lots of info on TC. Some of the posters there have great advice. But, because so many noobies bought that mod. You will see way too many post of them whining about how they can't get it to work. But, don't be put off, it works real good if you pay attention and follow the advice of the posters who know the device. The people who don't overcomplicate the whole issue. I did it first try, so GOOD LUCK!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread