Dovpo topside dual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Dovpo has recently released the dovpo dual carbon, exactly the same as the original dual except it has the yihi chip,might sort out the tc problem with the original.
I'm posting cause there is a firmware update for the dual carbon, do not use on the original.
Can't find any updates for the first topside dual.
I won't be buying the carbon anytime soon,its well expensive.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Marper, a lot of us would be interested in a Topside single 21700 with a YiHi chipset.

It would be small, portable and powerful. Making it something that you would use, and the YiHi chipset would give you good TC.

I think that the SX485J chipset which was used in the SL Class would be a perfect choice, some folks would have to get used to the joystick though but it would keep costs down as it's an off the shelf option rather than a bespoke one like the Carbon uses.

Reactions: Marper

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
I've ordered a topside lite ,I quite like the idea it can be a squonk or a smaller reg mod and the fact it can use either the 21700 or the 20700,I mainly use power mode so it won't be a problem for me,I do want to get into tc to try my profile mesh with ss or nichrome but the topside dual se just can't hack it, I'm looking forward to this little mod, perfect for a pocket, not heavy and powerful enough for out and about

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The Geekvape Aegis Squonk was looking good until it was released, then we discovered it used a single 18650. So isn't exactly great for low ohm higher wattage vapers or vapers who prize runtime.

U.S Mods Stinger was nice and still is if you can find them, they're a single 21700 DNA75C Squonk mod. Unfortunately though they're not cheap.

And keep on looking at steam crave's Hadron mod, it's a dual 21700 behemoth powered by a YiHi chipset and has yet to release a promised Squonk add on.

Reactions: Marper

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The US Modz Stinger is a great mod. I got mine before they started making them with stabwood and acrilic, but still built the same way. I don't use regulated mods anymore, so this has been demoted to ohms reader duty, but they are well worth the price of admission. Word of advice though, I bought multiple doors for mine and the aluminium doors and faceplates are too heavy and fall off easily. The acrilic doors are the way to go, they are very secure.

20191122_084610.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
It's the acrylic that I have been looking at

I can't speak for the durability to those ones, but my delrin version has been through quite a bit (drops, pocket carry, every day use) only shows minor surface scratches. It is very well built. I've got around 50k on the hit counter. I picked mine up for around $90 brand new almost two years ago.

VicHaze

Dec 4, 2019
Dovpo has recently released the dovpo dual carbon, exactly the same as the original dual except it has the yihi chip,might sort out the tc problem with the original.
I'm posting cause there is a firmware update for the dual carbon, do not use on the original.
Can't find any updates for the first topside dual.
I won't be buying the carbon anytime soon,its well expensive.

I got my Topside Dual Carbon from Sourcemore for around 100USD (still has that price if you are a bronze or higher rated buyer) which is almost half the price of some retailers. In case that price could be more appealing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread