Dovpo Topside TC issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have had a Topside 80 and then a Dual...both mods I tried out using TC with TCR settings from 80 to 130...105 I believe is default. I also use smok XPriv, VV Pulse and a LV DNA250C. The Topside is unusable in TC mode, almost as if it had a fixed watt level set way too low. All my other mods will display resistance change when fired...not the Topside. I use SS 316 wire and mesh coils in ranges between 0.15 and 1.25 ohms in all cases.
Just wondering whether other users have had good results using the Topside on TC?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I have had a Topside 80 and then a Dual...both mods I tried out using TC with TCR settings from 80 to 130...105 I believe is default. I also use Smok XPriv, VV Pulse and a LV DNA250C. The Topside is unusable in TC mode, almost as if it had a fixed watt level set way too low. All my other mods will display resistance change when fired...not the Topside. I use SS 316 wire and mesh coils in ranges between 0.15 and 1.25 ohms in all cases.
Just wondering whether other users have had good results using the Topside on TC?

I just received my Topside Dual earlier this week and haven't noticed that. I'm able to set the pre-heat wattage to whatever I like, which is all you need for wattage in temp control. For example, I have a 0.13 SS316L clapton coil installed and have a pre-heat of 65 Watts which heats it quick to the set TC of 430 and it vapes just fine. Maybe you have your pre-heat wattage set too low for a good vape experience. I just used the pre-set Temp-SS setting and not the TCR. Try setting the pre-heat wattage a little higher and see how it goes for you.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
The wattage setting will allow the coil to ramp up to temp faster when increased, the TRC setting will tell the mod how to respond to the coil resistance change as heat builds up. My problem seems to be that the mod does not appear to respond...at all, just fires at a low wattage.
Tell me does the resistance value increase when you fire the Topside in TC mode using SS coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread