Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hope so, fingers crossed. Did you notice that here in Texas we take our animals seriously, you wrangling that shark and me sending my dog to bite the man with a stick! Other places and people are content with just cats :)

You can do it quatro. I found once I got to 6 mg, the rest of the way to zero was easy. IMO, do it at your own pace, not too quickly.

You Texans do seem to take your critters seriously. Mine just looks at me with that expression as if to say 'You want me to do WHAT?!!'

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Mine just looks at me with that expression as if to say 'You want me to do WHAT?!!'
My dog has a standard series of questions that she poses when faced with various human ultimatums...

1) Why?
2) Seriously?
3) Is this really necessary?
4) Is food involved?
5) Are you freaking serious?

And then she has some replies she uses when she finally seems to understand the situation at hand...

1) Really?
2) Are you serious?
3) What planet did you come from?
4) Show me the food.
5) Tell me exactly how this will benefit me?
6) Ummm... yeah... no.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
Couple of questions,

1. How can someone keep track of lowering the nic content success?
2. Do I need to keep track of the amount I vape per day?

For example if I was vaping 2ml of 24mg e-liquid a day, I lower it to 12mg and now vape 4ml a day. In this situation have I actually lowered the nic intake? or do I need to keep the consumption to 2ml/day to say that now my nic intake is down to 12mg?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My vape amount/day is pretty consistent, will monitor the 12mg and if there is no significant difference in ml/day then I will consider it a success and plan for the next cut.

I found each time I reduced my nic content I vaped a bit more for a while. I didn't keep a log, just knew how long a tank would last me and realized I was refilling more often. I did not try to reduce quantity vaped for at least a few weeks after making a change. My theory was that I would let myself get used to the lower TH and nic level first and then handle the rest later. So I ended up going through multiple cycles of nic reduction, vape a bit more, vape amount slowly reduced back to before the last nic reduction, let things stabilize and then reduce nic level again.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
My second cut in the nic level. Polishing off the 16mg liquid currently, will vape the 12mg variety tonight and see if it will cut it.

You most definitely can do it. This past week, I transitioned from 18mg to 12mg without any issues. If it helps, vape a small of 16mg to start the day and continue vaping with the 12mg during the rest of the day.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
I found each time I reduced my nic content I vaped a bit more for a while. I didn't keep a log, just knew how long a tank would last me and realized I was refilling more often. I did not try to reduce quantity vaped for at least a few weeks after making a change. My theory was that I would let myself get used to the lower TH and nic level first and then handle the rest later. So I ended up going through multiple cycles of nic reduction, vape a bit more, vape amount slowly reduced back to before the last nic reduction, let things stabilize and then reduce nic level again.

Makes perfect sense.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
You can do it quatro. I found once I got to 6 mg, the rest of the way to zero was easy. IMO, do it at your own pace, not too quickly.

You Texans do seem to take your critters seriously. Mine just looks at me with that expression as if to say 'You want me to do WHAT?!!'

Just saw the "zero"! That's awesome man. How long did it take you to get to zero from the day you started vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread