Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Hey All :) Back for another update.

Rivernut, Allpeppers, Beckdg, RuDawg, you guys are all at the top of the list to get finished up. Getting some time today and over the weekend. A couple of pieces have been giving me some trouble, so they are taking much longer than I'd like, and for that I apologize. I've never claimed to turn custom work around quickly, but I promise I will work on it until it is just right. No one wants these done and in your hands more than I. ;)

That said, I had a chance to evaluate many things over the camping trip. Life has taken an unexpected turn or two in the last couple months. As much as I enjoy doing this, my priority is my family. I haven't made money doing this, just breaking even. I've missed a lot of time that I could have spent with my family this last year doing work on mods. The way I see it, if it's not paying the bills, it's got to go.

I am planning on finishing the orders I currently have, and then stepping away for a while. At least until the new one is born and in a routine, maybe beyond. Will likely take the website down to save that $ every month, but will keep this thread here. I'm thinking I will do a little bit of work, on my own time, to release whenever it is done. It won't be much.

I appreciate all of you who have supported this endeavor over the last year and a half, either from your orders or just stopping by to look at the work. Thank you. I have no idea what the future will hold, but I know I need to focus my time and energy elsewhere for the time being. Of course, AFTER I get the work back to those of you whose mods I have :)

Gave this a whole lot of thought and it already feels like I've made the right decision. Stay subscribed to see any future releases or updates; this thread will never crowd your feed, lol.

Thanks again,

Mark :)

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Mark, I couldn't support this more! I'm just glad I'm getting some Dready work before you take a break. In the short time that I've conversed with you, it's obvious that you're a super cool, stand-up guy, so this all makes sense. Family first, brother!!

From what I have seen, your work is totally worth any wait!! One thing I've notice in this thread, or haven't noticed I should say, is that there isn't one "Hey, where's my stuff?" post that I could find! That's saying a lot, man!

Yes, I am anxious to get my stuff, but I never expect custom work to be rushed. I do some woodworking at home, and doing things correctly takes time!!

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hey Mark, we appreciate you giving us the time you have given to take advantage of the talent you have to offer, but family is much more important and especially when kids are growing up, they only do that once. There are only so many hours in the day and you can only spread yourself so thin. I am honored to have some of that talent and creativity in my possession and I use it every day. Thanks Mark and best wishes, check in and let us know how the family is doing, that's your most important project :)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Mark, I believe you've made the right decision. Family does come first. I will miss your talents while you're gone, if you ever choose to come back and do this again. I'm happy for the few pieces I've got of yours. Wish I'd had the money and the parts to get "Dreadified". You have an incredible talent and I'll plan on staying around in case you decide to open up shop again!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Family first? Nothing else needs to be said. Wishing no less than the best for you and the family wherever life's path may lead you. Will continue to cherish the Dready stuff that I have.

Don't be a stranger my brother and whatever you do, take care!...;)

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mark you're doing the right thing for sure!!! Nothing more important than family:) Although I must say I was looking forward to seeing the alcohol ink on the CC mod;):D Hopefully things will work out and I can send you a project or 2 in the future;)

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Mark you are doing the right thing [emoji4]

Your talent will be missed but I feel that most understand and support your decision [emoji4] Hope you check in from time to time to just say hi and let us know how you and the family are getting along [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Thank you for all the kind words ^ :) It means a lot.

I have 2 remaining orders in the queue to finish up. As I work and reflect, I have mixed emotions. I know I will need the time to care for family. But, I know I will also have moments here and there, and always do well with a creative outlet. My thought, at this point, is to finish the outstanding orders.

I may take a little break, but I think I'd like to adjust the sizing on those Reo doors and put them back up; then I have a couple other items I'd still like to do. So while I may be closed for custom work, I'm thinking I'll keep the site going and add a new piece every once in a while, entirely on my own time.

We'll see. If the cost of keeping the site up outweighs what I end up having time to do, I'll take it down. But it feels nice to think this will continue to exist in a tiny capacity. We'll see. Thanks again for all your support :)

20151013-untitled021_zpservah97p.jpg

20151013-untitled015_zpsmbg5ly6l.jpg

20151013-untitled013_zpsblzunz7s.jpg

kkiet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2015
Milwaukee, Wi
Thank you for all the kind words ^ :) It means a lot.

I have 2 remaining orders in the queue to finish up. As I work and reflect, I have mixed emotions. I know I will need the time to care for family. But, I know I will also have moments here and there, and always do well with a creative outlet. My thought, at this point, is to finish the outstanding orders.

I may take a little break, but I think I'd like to adjust the sizing on those Reo doors and put them back up; then I have a couple other items I'd still like to do. So while I may be closed for custom work, I'm thinking I'll keep the site going and add a new piece every once in a while, entirely on my own time.

We'll see. If the cost of keeping the site up outweighs what I end up having time to do, I'll take it down. But it feels nice to think this will continue to exist in a tiny capacity. We'll see. Thanks again for all your support :)

20151013-untitled021_zpservah97p.jpg

20151013-untitled015_zpsmbg5ly6l.jpg

20151013-untitled013_zpsblzunz7s.jpg
Thanks for the update Mark. Will check your site often to see any new additions. Wishing only the best for you and your family.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
:banana: yeah, can't wait for that to get home. A Dready lizard, that may be a first.....oh boy, Thanks Mark!

That one is especially stunning! Congrats [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread