Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishsonileo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Herndon
Vaper's,
Help me out. I need to increase the air hole size on my RSST. I got a hand drill bit, and after numerous attempt I failed to drill a hole using a manual hand drill bit.
Is there a method to do it, any youtube link would be highly appreciated, since I don't wanna but a drilling machine for drilling a hole on my RSST.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
the important part is finding a way to clamp it down correctly with the air hole you're trying to increase facing straight up. once you do that drilling it out with a cordless drill is almost as easy as using a drill press. If you're talking about a hand crank drill bit, that might take more time, but if you have it clamped down properly should be no problem actually making the hole.

way i did it. Get two clamps (I used a bar clamp and a plain old pair of the squeeze scissor like clamps.) use one to hold the cap (with the air hole facing to one side so that when laid down it faces straight up. Then lay that clamp on a table where you can clamp it down with the other clamp. Viola.

ashishsonileo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Herndon
the important part is finding a way to clamp it down correctly with the air hole you're trying to increase facing straight up. once you do that drilling it out with a cordless drill is almost as easy as using a drill press. If you're talking about a hand crank drill bit, that might take more time, but if you have it clamped down properly should be no problem actually making the hole.

way i did it. Get two clamps (I used a bar clamp and a plain old pair of the squeeze scissor like clamps.) use one to hold the cap (with the air hole facing to one side so that when laid down it faces straight up. Then lay that clamp on a table where you can clamp it down with the other clamp. Viola.

Thanks Dude. Can you post a picture for this clamp setup which would help me to understand better.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
aaa_zpsc56dc1c3.png

aac_zpsf8ba4219.png

aab_zpsbe1c1797.png

I used a drill press. You don't have to, just a nice flat surface the second clamp will fit around. Make sure you go straight, take it slow.

sorry it took so long to respond, didn't see your response yesterday. hope the pics and description help!

Reactions: Resistance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread